Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Quick question

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Me and my friend wanted to find this out, but I'd rather just see if anyone here can answer my question. If I were to use a Balance Blade and then a Balance blade Treasure Card, would they both activate on my next attack? Me and my friend (he's Death, I'm Balance) had the hilarious idea of using every single trap and blade in the book and seeing how much damage we can do on Malistaire with a Dark sprite (using a death prism, of course).

Defender
Mar 05, 2009
Whether blades stack (all trigger at once) or not depends on if they're from the same exact spells or if they're from different sources. By different sources, I mean there's the learned spell, the treasure card, an item spell from gear, etc.

If they are two different spells from two different sources - one's learned and the other's a treasure card, for instance - then yes, the two Balanceblades count as different spells and they would both boost the next damage you cast.

If they're both from the same source though - if you both cast the version learned from the Balance school, or you both used treasure card Balanceblades, then no only one would go off at a time.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
eggywig wrote:
Me and my friend wanted to find this out, but I'd rather just see if anyone here can answer my question. If I were to use a Balance Blade and then a Balance blade Treasure Card, would they both activate on my next attack? Me and my friend (he's Death, I'm Balance) had the hilarious idea of using every single trap and blade in the book and seeing how much damage we can do on Malistaire with a Dark sprite (using a death prism, of course).

for this example we will use
3 feints ( tc, normal, and item )
and 2 regular ice 40% blades
and 1 tc ice blade

all the feints will work since there nature is different
nature being how ya got it (item, tc, normal)
how ever the only 1 of the regular ice blades will work since they both are copies of the lvl 38 ice spell greyrose teaches and are normal
but the tc ice blade will stack with normal ice blade

now do ya see how blades and traps can stack up

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
eggywig wrote:

Yes, they would activate separately. I have several blades on my wizards and sometimes even a pet one shows up on me and they all get used. This can be good and bad on my Myth wizard when I let the bull run or the dogs out though.

Defender
May 17, 2011
Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
The answer is yes. If you use a Balance blade, then a balance TC then yes they will both activate. Even if you use a amulet balance blade then all three will activate. If you use all three balance blades and then use the pet balance blade then all four will activate ect ect. :p

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Defender
Aug 22, 2010