Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New School Rock/ground

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 18, 2010
Ok rock school have really high resistance and power but really low health when you start the game they start at like 200 they gain only 10 health everytime they level, there power hits harder than storm, there fizzle rate is 65% and the resistance is higher than ice. This school has no shields because of there resistance and environmental spells
rock school speciallty is environmental overtime attacks, and the simble for this school is rock (of course)
here are some spells they recieve them at the same level as the other schools.

Rank 1 spell called rock migit looks like a little man in rock formation he does
115-155 damage

rank 2 spell called Rocky see Rocky do he's a monkey in rock formation he does
265-310 damage

the first spell they learn from ambrose is rock blade color dark brown on outside and lite brown on inside boost by 45% ( and no this is not the same as the balance blade it has a rock simble behind the blade simble like the other schools(you will find rock power ups to be strong because they have low amount of blades and traps they have no extra support like from balance with the elemental and spirit spells)

next is rockball its like the spell snowball but you see rocks getting thrown and they hit you its an all attack Rank 3 does 255-295 damage to all

and there first environmental at level 8 called rocky mountain an environmetal spell that raises the global resistance of all rock school by 25% pip cost 4

next is at level 10 another rank 3 spells a single hitting spell called golem does
400-470 damage

Tell me what you think so far these spells are in the level range from 1-10
I will put more out from level 10-20 later hope these become real :)

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
uh, no. :?
This would be part of Life since it's all about nature... and the environment is a part of nature.

Explorer
Jan 18, 2010
RavenLady777 wrote:
uh, no. :?
This would be part of Life since it's all about nature... and the environment is a part of nature.

rock school is different from the life school, life school speciallty is healing and rock speciallty is surviving by the main use in it's environment, life does not focus on damage and resistance noor does it do in environmental spells. There is only one spell life gets that's an enviromental spell and that's santuary and it does 50% HEALING that's there speciallty this school focuses in environmental spells that will help rock school survive. Btw if anyone else wants to fill in more of the next level spells do so or post your rock school spell idea's here :) :) :)

(Only read if seen the one before edited)

I edited this cause i had 2 of almost the same things you will see the level 12 spell in my next post

Explorer
Feb 12, 2012
its a good idea but it may be a bit too similiar to ravenwoods life and pigswicks earth since it involves minipulation of the elements

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
LighDealth wrote:
Ok rock school have really high resistance and power but really low health when you start the game they start at like 200 they gain only 10 health everytime they level, there power hits harder than storm, there fizzle rate is 65% and the resistance is higher than ice. This school has no shields because of there resistance and environmental spells
rock school speciallty is environmental overtime attacks, and the simble for this school is rock (of course)

Sorry, but I doubt that Wizard101 will be getting any more primary schools at this point in the game. And this school seems to take away the point of storm. Think about it: Storm is the hard hitter with low resistance and health. The school that you're proposing hits harder than storm and has high resistance, but low health. Even if your school starts with 200 health (which I think is insanely low) you have super high attack (both of which are just like storm). Finally, what do you mean "environmental overtime attacks?" If you mean Damage Over Time, fire's already taken that, and actually, I'm not sure that a school that hits extremely hard should have common special effects.

LighDealth wrote:

Rank 1 spell called rock migit looks like a little man in rock formation he does
115-155 damage

265-310 damage

the first spell they learn from ambrose is rock blade color dark brown on outside and lite brown on inside boost by 45% ( and no this is not the same as the balance blade it has a rock simble behind the blade simble like the other schools

next is rockball its like the spell snowball but you see rocks getting thrown and they hit you its an all attack Rank 3 does 255-295 damage to all

and there first environmental at level 8 called rocky mountain an environmetal spell that raises the global resistance of all rock school by 25%

next is at level 10 another rank 3 spells a single htting spell called golem does
400-470 damage

Now for spells, they seem true to your promise that rock hits harder than storm, but most of them are still overpowered. Take rockball for example, it's a rank three hit all spell. You should have to wait until rank four. Then your rock blade should be +25% or maybe +30%. 40% is just too much for a school who hits harder than storm.
Also, the environmental spell raises global resistance of all rock school characters. Really? Global spells affect everyone

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
LighDealth wrote:

115-155 damage

265-310 damage

the first spell they learn from ambrose is rock blade color dark brown on outside and lite brown on inside boost by 45% ( and no this is not the same as the balance blade it has a rock simble behind the blade simble like the other schools

and there first environmental at level 8 called rocky mountain an environmetal spell that raises the global resistance of all rock school by 25%

next is at level 10 another rank 3 spells a single htting spell called golem does
400-470 damage

Seems a bit too much like Myth or Life, sorry.

Explorer
Jan 18, 2010
This school is ment for high resistance and power rock is a school about power and resistance and environmental spells yes its true environment spells usually affects everyone but only rock schools will affect out of certain environmental spells, because environment spells are the speciallty of Rock. The reason other schools aren't affected by this first environmental spell is because this is a rock school only spell and rock is a school of environment spells that mainly serve them, plus like i said thats there speciallty. Yes there will be other spells that will be for rock and other schools. btw stop dwelling on the past i understand that the game has moved far and it'll be hard to establish this school. Change is good (most of the time). Remember anything is possible :) now these spells aren't overpowered for a rock school the fizzle rate is low like storm and the health is extremely low but with high resistance and power rock school can make it which those things balance out this school like the others. this school is different from storm but yes it has similarities. I will also say that Rock school health will probably be 2,000 at level 70 at best. Now when i say environmental overtime attack means there will be environmental spells that put certain habitats up for rock that the other schools won't be able to adapt in which will led to damage during the durations of the bubble. I will put these spells as we go along in putting out more rock spells. Yes Firewizardfan; this is kinda like that but Rock and the way it works is on the other hand completely different from life, true Life is part of nature and so is Rock but Life has a certain speciallty and Rock has its speciallty Rock: enivornmetal Effects, Life:Healing These are 2 different schools remember that :) Feel free to ask more questions :)

Btw here's the next spell

Level 12:Called Rock trap

puts a 30% trap on enemy looks like the a hex but the inside of the trap is lite and has a rock simble on it. this is a school quest.

Survivor
Oct 03, 2011
um where is the rock school. I remember hearing about it but where is it.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2010
think about it. there is already a triangle of magic. where would it fit? all of it is taken by another school. truly...think about it

ashley lifeheart

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
Why is the Pip cost 4 of a cheap 25- Rock Shield?

No offence intended, but TERRIBLE idea.

Survivor
Aug 14, 2011
I think that its a great idea and doesnt copy any of the schools already made. You just need to work out some of the kinks and then wiz101 might consider your idea.

John Griffenstalker LVL 40 balance

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
LighDealth wrote:
Now when i say environmental overtime attack means there will be environmental spells that put certain habitats up for rock that the other schools won't be able to adapt in which will led to damage during the durations of the bubble.
Sorry, but what do you mean "won't be able to adapt in?"

I still do not see how you aren't taking the point of storm away. I know that I'm basically rephrasing myself, but storm is the hard hitter. That's it. No common special side effects. Rock hits harder than this (hence, takes away the only thing special about storm) and has common special effects. What are you planning to do to keep storm relevant?

Explorer
Jan 18, 2010
More rock spell idea's :D

Level 16 spell given from teacher, spell name- Rocky Road the battle field is changed to a rocky climate, this spell deals 20 rock damage every round as long as this environment spell is up pip cost 2

level 18 spell from school quest spell name ancient stone removes the current environment spell up pip cost 1 or 0 you guys can decide which is better I am not sure

Level 22 spell from teacher Rock cannon shots a giant rock at enemy rank 4 spell deals 560 and puts a -65% accuracy on enemy.

Next time I'll do levels 26-33

Please give me your opinion on these spells.

Defender
Nov 18, 2011
Explorer
Jan 18, 2010
Randomperson16 wrote:

its an environemtal spell and it raises all rock schools global resistance to all the schools not just rock and there will be a rock shield it will be given by the person who gives all the school single shields.

atl level 10 it you get rock shield does -80 to rock

and yes this school does hit harder then storm thats because of there extremely low health storm out beats these school health.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
mamaba0512 wrote:
um where is the rock school. I remember hearing about it but where is it.

It doesn't exist. This is a suggestion only.
Maybe you're thinking of the pet rock?

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
LighDealth wrote:
Randomperson16 wrote:

its an environemtal spell and it raises all rock schools global resistance to all the schools not just rock and there will be a rock shield it will be given by the person who gives all the school single shields.

and yes this school does hit harder then storm thats because of there extremely low health storm out beats these school health.

And the purpose of storm is defeated. I am sorry, but I agree, I dont like this idea at all.

Environmental spells effect everyone on the battlefield, not just one school. A life wizard can use wyldfire to his or her advantage if they have fire spells. But Honestly, 900 health at lvl 70 base? There is a ice wizard friend of mine who has 52% base resist to everything and 80% to storm and fire, does that mean rock would get 60% to everything and 90% to storm and fire? No. Just no.

Explorer
Jan 18, 2010
Ronster55 wrote:
LighDealth wrote:
Randomperson16 wrote:

And the purpose of storm is defeated. I am sorry, but I agree, I dont like this idea at all.

Environmental spells effect everyone on the battlefield, not just one school. A life wizard can use wyldfire to his or her advantage if they have fire spells. But Honestly, 900 health at lvl 70 base? There is a ice wizard friend of mine who has 52% base resist to everything and 80% to storm and fire, does that mean rock would get 60% to everything and 90% to storm and fire? No. Just no.

just because the current environment spells affects all doesn't mean rock school can't be different, i stated that rock school speciallizes in environment which means they can do certain things with environment spells that other schools can't do, now when did i say they would have even more resistance to storm and fire? they have 50% resistance without pet at level 70 the reason why there health is so low is because they have huge amount of resistance and no i wouldn't say there health would be 900 more like 1,000 maybe a little higher ( there gear won't give them that much health )

btw more spells

level 26 spell from teacher called Rock Pillar does 25% plus damage to all rock spells pips-2
level 28 spell from quest called magnitude X pip spell does 100 to all enemies, this spell makes powerful shake to the ground the more pips stronger the shake.

spell given after beating krok called rocky start, lowers power pip chance by 20% has a 100% accuracy but it can either affect you or the opponent and it is only a single target it has a 10% chance of backfire

Please tell me what you think :D

Survivor
Jan 19, 2012
bionaknight wrote:
LighDealth wrote:

115-155 damage

265-310 damage

400-470 damage

Seems a bit too much like Myth or Life, sorry.

im in to sry!