Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Name one big tip for Myth Warlord

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 11, 2010
So, even the most battle hardened players can use some advice. And after 9 successful failures in which I've hit commander then tanked back to Knight (despite even defeating a handful of warlords) I have to wonder, anyone with a Myth warlord have just one big tip you can give, what would it be?

The fights I'm usually winning are the ones where I can stack a minotaur strike on top of a basilisk (love it), or when oddly enough my troll minion is dismantling my opponent (how does that happen o__o )

I'm pretty solid on a balanced set up, I mean, I have an amulet for bladestorm and a poetic chieftains helm for a +40 myth blade. So I always have the chance of triple stacking a strike since I do carry two spirit blades and three myth charms.

I'm working on crafting the olyphants war athame which looks amazing at the moment.

I have two training points left I believe. If there was one big tip you could give, what would that be? My sideboard consists of three towers, two weakness, two black mantle, 1 earthquake one pig one minotaur one time of legend and two steal charm.

Notable spells that have attributed to losses:
Treasure infallible
Treasure blading (My steal charms have helped ease this a bit. Gotta perfect its use now.)
vengeance

I'm always playing with a counter style or a balanced style unless I can rush the opponent which is rare.

Dang, I can warlord a myth at lvl35 blind, but at 70? Nope. I don't see it happening. Any suggestions then?

Honestly, I just really want the magma colossus pet :p That's all I'm after >,>

Explorer
Jan 12, 2009
CorbinW wrote:
So, even the most battle hardened players can use some advice. And after 9 successful failures in which I've hit commander then tanked back to Knight (despite even defeating a handful of warlords) I have to wonder, anyone with a Myth warlord have just one big tip you can give, what would it be?

The fights I'm usually winning are the ones where I can stack a minotaur strike on top of a basilisk (love it), or when oddly enough my troll minion is dismantling my opponent (how does that happen o__o )

I'm pretty solid on a balanced set up, I mean, I have an amulet for bladestorm and a poetic chieftains helm for a +40 myth blade. So I always have the chance of triple stacking a strike since I do carry two spirit blades and three myth charms.

I'm working on crafting the olyphants war athame which looks amazing at the moment.

I have two training points left I believe. If there was one big tip you could give, what would that be? My sideboard consists of three towers, two weakness, two black mantle, 1 earthquake one pig one minotaur one time of legend and two steal charm.

Treasure infallible
Treasure blading (My steal charms have helped ease this a bit. Gotta perfect its use now.)
vengeance

I'm always playing with a counter style or a balanced style unless I can rush the opponent which is rare.

Dang, I can warlord a myth at lvl35 blind, but at 70? Nope. I don't see it happening. Any suggestions then?

I have a myth warlord.

the best thing is that every battle is diffrent.

always keep earth to reduce the big hits.

have a strong pet. strong healing a must.
life amulet.

never try to kill with one hit, always build a double attack.

I like to not go for the fast kill as myth is not really a school for that.

I defend take away blades and minion, I shield minion..

I like talos and cyclops.

cyclops will heal you and break shiels, I prefer him over talos for that.

not going to post spells for kills as then everyone will know :)

but I would meet you in the arena and help.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
CorbinW wrote:

Treasure infallible
vengeance

CorbinW,

My Myth isn't a warlord yet, but I know he will be when I finish with my Death (leveling him now).
Since I'm a noob, you may not want my advise, but here it is..... Use Talos.
At your first opportunity, when it would be hard for the opponent to kill him, bring him out. First or Second, Talos, is the best minion in the game, imo. I'm not a minion user on my Balance or Death, but for my Myth, I see it as a huge advantage at Level 70.

Joe.

Defender
May 29, 2011
I will give you some of my advice, being a myth warlord ( 1163 points )

1.I spam minions, especially talos and golem minion.

2.If i were you, dont get life mastery amulet, balance is a lot more helpful.
I use availing hands treasures and spirit dispels. I keep my maximum spells low so i get what i need when i need it, that is why i carry maxed reshuffles also.

3. I dont even bother with basilisk, it costs too many pips to use. I use earthquakes, frogs, minotaurs, and orthrus. ( with my deck small i only put 2 medusa in and mostly orthrus minotaur and earthquake )

4. I pack a ton of life, and balance dispels and also infection. ( a few doom and gloom wouldnt hurt in your side deck )

5. I like to surprise my opponent and not be so predictable, i pack 2 shatters so if i have a full powered orthrus i simply shatter and even if they shield, it still does awesome damage.

Well, that is my word of wisdom to you, just post if you need more advice.

Mycin legenddreamer ( i had the same problem until i got balance mastery from luska )

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Oh wow thanks people. Couple of things though:

I do my best to keep earthquake close. I know that at times it can be pretty valuable so I always keep one in my sideboard just in case, as well as two in my main.

Yes Talos is an amazing minion Lion, but it isn't something that should be just tossed out because its strong. I mean, it all depends on your opponents style. If you can see them playing hard and fast, like storm does, with many enchanted strikes, spending 5 pips only to have your opponent critical on talos with a lightning bat for a kill keeps your enemy ahead of you unfortunately. Critical has really made things difficult for minion play.

In fact, yes things do feel a bit more random now than before. It's so much tougher now I would say.

As for a balance mastery amulet, I thought about this before. If I didn't have to use treasures all the time for certain balance spells, I probably would have done this a while ago. Mkt3, you have an interesting style that looks like an intense game of patience. I can see you discarding your face off though with a set up like that. That is probably my only real concern. Spamming minions does help how I fight so I can really relate with that way. I dumped the life mastery amulet for a wyrm amulet, the one with plague and bladestorm. Treasure availing hands looks like a wonderful way around life dispels too. I agree with you on Basilisk. This six legged beast is an amazing spell but its pip cost is so unattractive, use with extreme caution, I agree. Medusa on the other hand. That double stun is so invaluable. It really hurts when that gets blocked.