Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Warlords and weak gear, ever notice it.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Over the last few weeks, I have noticed one thing that always makes me wonder.
When I'm watching a match, after it's over, I often will look at the winning warlord's stats. Often what I see just kinds of shocks me, in their gear.
I see what I think is a terrible gear setup, low critical block, really low hit, low resist, terrible pets, and a wand that they should have sold many levels ago.
Yet they win with this setup over and over, and are well above the 1100 mark. It makes me wonder, wow, what if they had great gear.....

The second thing that always makes me take a second look, is the number of matches some have. I have seen one wizard with 2500 wins, 2451 lost.... and I wonder how long these matches must have taken. If you average 30 minutes per match (which is going to be on the way low side), it's 103 days of play time........ what..... how many days.......!!!!

Then there is the other warlords (Darthjt may be one), that have 50 wins and 3 lost,,, with a rank up in the 1200 area. Definately not me for sure.

Anyway, the whole point of this in my mind, was just to show how important " Deck construction is, stratergy, and how you play the cards" is.

The gear and pet is important, but it's clearly not going to stop you from wining a lot of matches.

Joe.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Lion359 wrote:
The second thing that always makes me take a second look, is the number of matches some have. I have seen one wizard with 2500 wins, 2451 lost.... and I wonder how long these matches must have taken. If you average 30 minutes per match (which is going to be on the way low side), it's 103 days of play time........ what..... how many days.......!!!!

Don't forget, some wizards have been PvPing since 2009 !!!

Others may PvP exclusively.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
On some of the matches i have entered, after looking at the stats on my opponent i am very confused. i have seen storms with no pierce and only 73% damage boost, without critical, hitting 3000 on me with wild bolt, with no charms, traps, etc.. I wouldn't have really cared much, except that i have 31% resist and some people on here never hit 10 or 100 bolt. just kind of wandering at this...

-Mason Shadowwraith

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Gear itself can not win a pvp match.

My new storm initiate made warlord on an incredible run (58~2)and when I got there I only had commander boots, at 890 a few fights from warlord I faced a commander myth my level with FULL arena gear and resist pet and beat him from second. Gear preparation is only one chapter of the story, deck construction, training point distribution and of course skill weigh heavily in the balance of power.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
blastyswa wrote:
On some of the matches i have entered, after looking at the stats on my opponent i am very confused. i have seen storms with no pierce and only 73% damage boost, without critical, hitting 3000 on me with wild bolt, with no charms, traps, etc.. I wouldn't have really cared much, except that i have 31% resist and some people on here never hit 10 or 100 bolt. just kind of wandering at this...

-Mason Shadowwraith

Mason,

This is a good point, I have wondered about this myself. When I look at the spell, the boost, pierce and my resist, I often wonder why some of the hits are so big. If it was against a enemy monster, I could understand it, but not in pvp.
My brother was saying that in the test realm, that Critical use to hit for 100%xplus , 200%xplus, or he thinks maybe even 300%xplus. I have often wondered if part of this code was still in the game somewhere and just shows up.

I know for sure tha in pvp sometimes something is wrong every once in a while.
I have been hit for 8000 when it only should have hit for less than half that, with the TC blades and blades. So, yeah, I have to wonder too.

Joe.