Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What is going on in PVP, it's changed.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Something strange is going on in PvP, have you noticed.

Criticals are showing up that never showed up on my players before.
Critical Blocks are not showing up at all, or showing up when I have a
low critical block ratings and never expect them too.
Some how the critical ratings seem to be all of a sudden random or something.

I will list two example of Friday night, but these are not the only ones.

Balance vs a Storm (I was the Balance).
Storm hit me for three Insane bolts in a row. A feint was on one, a blade on another one. All three went Critical and I had no Block at all.
I lost quickly, I think my quickest match ever...... I could only say GG and then let my head bobble for a while in amazement.

Balance vs a Fire (I was still on my Balance).
Balance fires a Bladed Scorpion and it Criticals, over a 1000 damage.
Next round...
Balance fires a tri-bladed Chimera and it Criticals, over 2500 damage.
Game over. This was my third critical in the match, when I seldom even get one.

If this just happened on my Balance, I would have just laughed, but it showed up on my Myth also.

Was it just a strange night, or did the game get changed?

Joe.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:
Critical blocks are asleep...

Joujou11cool,

Your not kidding, I was pounded by a death last night, who got three criticals in a row, and I didn't block one. I was like, what, how could this happen..... I checked his stats at the end, and he only had 130 critical rating, about the same as me. I never got one Critical the entire match.
Your right, something is asleep in the game.....

Joe.

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:
Critical blocks are asleep...

NO kidding! I have like a 75-120 block on usually and so I started off at 75 block in pvp ( yes I know a little bit low) but then everyone on the other team criticaled on their attacks and I didnt block a single one (it was a 4v4). Neither did my team, and needless to say we lost. Then I switched it up and went with with 110 block. So we started another 4v4 practice and I had conviction up as well. So 90+110= is 200 right?? Just making sure because in the match 2 people of the other team criticaled again while we were going second. 1 out of 4 blocked the critical and guess what?? It wasn't me with 200 critical block! (my friend that did block had 55)

So I have started to count the number of criticals that have got through on me in the past 4-5 days and its shocking. On average in the past 5 days I do not apparently bock 40% of the time. One day it was up to 55% with good gear on.

Not sure whats up.... But I can say I am not liking it lol

Blake NightWraith

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
I know what you guys mean, I hate when I dont block in PvP. It happens so often now! And i saw a level 36 critical with 0 critical rating and no crit aura. So, idk?

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
4v4 matches go by too quickly, I just got destroyed by 4 Storm wizards who went first and criticalled either Storm Lord or Tempest. (Not one did I block)

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
I have been seeing people with 128 critical block a fire with 90 critical rating and people with 39 critical block, block my criticals 4 times in one match.. Maybe KI adjusted the critical and block system but I dont know for sure.

Explorer
Jul 22, 2009
Lion359 wrote:
Something strange is going on in PvP, have you noticed.

Criticals are showing up that never showed up on my players before.
Critical Blocks are not showing up at all, or showing up when I have a
low critical block ratings and never expect them too.
Some how the critical ratings seem to be all of a sudden random or something.

I will list two example of Friday night, but these are not the only ones.

Balance vs a Storm (I was the Balance).
Storm hit me for three Insane bolts in a row. A feint was on one, a blade on another one. All three went Critical and I had no Block at all.
I lost quickly, I think my quickest match ever...... I could only say GG and then let my head bobble for a while in amazement.

Balance vs a Fire (I was still on my Balance).
Balance fires a Bladed Scorpion and it Criticals, over a 1000 damage.
Next round...
Balance fires a tri-bladed Chimera and it Criticals, over 2500 damage.
Game over. This was my third critical in the match, when I seldom even get one.

If this just happened on my Balance, I would have just laughed, but it showed up on my Myth also.

Was it just a strange night, or did the game get changed?

Joe.

Yeah, I noticed this too.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
its luck the reason why your not criticaling or blocking is cause percentage is controlled luck and if ya have a low amount then of course its hard to get it to land
while others are crazed out with lucky charms ( not cerial )
and are very lucky

luck is water you can use it but you cant hold it in your hand unless it freezes