Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Last name shows what school you are.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 22, 2009
This is something that's been bothering me for a while. Some of my wizards' last name tells exactly what school they are, and that doesn't exactly help me in PvP. Basically, my cover is blown at the beginning of the match which give my opponents a slight unfair advantage. This applys to anyone with obvious last names. Some of mine include: Firecaster, Stormsword, and Iceblood.

What I was thinking, is that when you are in a PvP match your opponents shouldn't be able to see your last name, but only your first. That way they can still be able to target you with their teammates, but they don't get to see your school.

Anyways, that was just my point of view on that, thanks for reading.

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
Mario2463 wrote:
This is something that's been bothering me for a while. Some of my wizards' last name tells exactly what school they are, and that doesn't exactly help me in PvP. Basically, my cover is blown at the beginning of the match which give my opponents a slight unfair advantage. This applys to anyone with obvious last names. Some of mine include: Firecaster, Sin your names. sword, and Iceblood.

What I was thinking, is that when you are in a PvP match your opponents shouldn't be able to see your last name, but only your first. That way they can still be able to target you with their teammates, but they don't get to see your school.

I know what can help you.

stop using the words fire ice and storm why dont you just use a different name!

Defender
May 17, 2011
Mario2463 wrote:
This is something that's been bothering me for a while. Some of my wizards' last name tells exactly what school they are, and that doesn't exactly help me in PvP. Basically, my cover is blown at the beginning of the match which give my opponents a slight unfair advantage. This applys to anyone with obvious last names. Some of mine include: Firecaster, Stormsword, and Iceblood.

not everyone. my wizard is named saffron firehunter. she is a life wizard. and so this is not a big problem since people will be expecting this.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Mario2463 wrote:

the wizards own fault this is why i use trick names like iceflame for a ice char cause they think im fire
or dreamsong on my storm so it they think i am life

Defender
Jan 25, 2012
make your last name something your not? my last names mythshade , but I'm a death wizard.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Mario2463 wrote:

Yes, I agree with you. ALL my last names give away my school, example: Fireblade.
Anyway, see ya in the Spiral maybe...Jasmine Fireblade

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
Well I life,fire, storm, and had a death and I use Blake NightWraith. People think I am death all the time. So mix it up a bit make your name work to your advantage.

Example: You are Firecaster and your on your fire account. So use some use ice treasure cards or some cards from the other schools. That way they do not have a real clue what your identity really is until your ready to reveal it. Or maybe change your color from a red color (if you wear red) to an ice blue ( so people think your ice) and go with it.

Hope this helps

Blake NightWraith

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Okay. Well my name is Jasmine Stormblood, but I'm a Balance student. I also like dying all my clothes Black with Red or White trim when I have the money for it. So what do you do then? Plus even if you had a Life student named Blaze Fireheart, then they would still be able to tell your Life by your green clothes. The clothes are the give away, and most people don't name their wizards with names that relate to their school in the first place.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
and people wondered why all my wizards have no last name
besides all being orphaned or toss aside by their people.

besides it easier to remember them

Explorer
Jul 22, 2009
darkcloyd wrote:
make your last name something your not? my last names mythshade , but I'm a death wizard.

Like I said, I don't really want to start all over just to change a last name. I just think it would be much easier to allow people to change their last names (like pets) or not being able to see opponents' last names in PvP.

Administrator
We appreciate your feedback and understand, however changing your Wizard's name or main school of focus are not and will not be offered in Wizard101.

If you wish to have a Wizard with a different name, you must create a new character. It really doesn't take very long to level up a second or third character as you already know where you're going and what you need to do to progress.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Dec 16, 2010
Mario2463 wrote:

yeah... um they also tell how good you are!! use treasure cards and other spells! get training points!! my last name: GOLDWEAVER!! sounds cute and powerful!! im half balance ice wizard and marleybonian!! POWER!!! -Allison Goldweaver lvl 37 ice wizard

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
Yes Professor,

I think it would be fairly easy to level a character up and things of that nature, but what about changing your looks?

I understand that it would be confusing to the younger Wizards, but my character's looks aren't so appealing after a few years of him looking like the way he looks.

Sorry for changing the topic, but it was a burning question I had.

See all of you in the Sprial someday!
~John RavenBlossom

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Oh, you can choose a name that only sort of, kinda, maybe, hints at the wizard's magic:

Iridian Shadowweaver -- wears white, gold, black, and green
Rowan Earthsong -- wears gold, red, and black
Scarlet Ravensong -- wears black, red, and gold
Moira Shadowmancer -- wears black, purple, and blue
Alexandria Dreamwalker -- wears light blue, dark blue, and black
Taryn Earthsinger -- wears light green, gold, and white

Can you guess my wizards' schools of magic from their names and clothing colors?

:) :) :) Qbb

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
I have 4015 health and I am balance, but people think i am ice. Weird, eh?

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
darkcloyd wrote:

OMG! I have a Wizard with the Last Name Mythshade(Alura Mythshade), but they're Death too!

Survivor
Jun 05, 2010
Mario2463 wrote:

I did the same thing. I dont really pvp much, but if I were you I'd change the color of my clothes and transfer school pets around your accounts (cuz lets be honest what they give really isnt that great)

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
ive had that problom. since my name is luke darkrider. it gave him a intantige.
BUT it helped me. since in a PVP i picked 2 magics to learn. so when he used a life magic agenst me since he thoght i was only death. so i used my most powerful BALANCE spell. yep im balance, and i won the math! :D :D :D

Explorer
Jul 22, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:
We appreciate your feedback and understand, however changing your Wizard's name or main school of focus are not and will not be offered in Wizard101.

If you wish to have a Wizard with a different name, you must create a new character. It really doesn't take very long to level up a second or third character as you already know where you're going and what you need to do to progress.

Could opponents at least, not see last names? It would save people a lot of time and PvP matches.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
I can see where you come from. But it was your choice to make a name like that. If you willing to, I think a good PvP strategy would be to do the opposite. make your name not match your school. But that's only if your a hardcore PvP player.

~James Skullwielder
Transcended Necromancer

Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
My Ice Wizard's name is Rogan Hawkbreath. My myth wizard is Nicholas Legendtamer. You can still have cool, creative names without giving away your school.

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
good thing i just decided to give my wiz the last name ironsword

Survivor
Apr 06, 2012
My name is fairly obvious. I only have one wizard (for focusing reasons) and her last name is Darksinger, and she's a Necromancer. Eh, it doesn't really bother me in PvP. If anything, you could make it obvious what school you are, but in the match all of a sudden whip out some sort of kick-butt spell from a completely different school. I did that once and caught my enemy off guard and won. Make the best of whatever school/name/clothes your wizard wears.
I end my annoying rant.

Rachel Darksinger, level 23 Adept Necromancer