Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Really KI REALLY!?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 25, 2009
As much as I already knew the "big surprise" was going to be an April fools joke (last year was horrible). I thought "Hey, maybe they'll come out with those weird glasses things with the nose for wizards to wear!?"

No. I was close though! They came out with....ANOTHER ROCK! The Trolling Stone! :D I was so happy, I was disappointed :)! Oh the joy of knowing that they tried to trick us with an almost...no. It's just completely ridiculous! It was so funny I lost the ability to laugh! :D

And the funny part was...the rock comes with a spell! Fortify! A spell we can easily get...or we just already have it! The amusing look on my mothers face when she saw how much it was. She laughed! 2900 crowns? Are you serious!? The only good thing was that it had those funny glasses with the nose and mustache combo!

Thanks KI, but really? Someone must have forgotten that April was soon and then threw this together in a week. Either way thanks for the efforts, but it wasn't amusing at all! :D Keep on "Rockin'!" XD

~Vanessa Moonflower~Level 67~ Legendary Thurmaturge~

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
So you are sarcastically attacking Kingsisle's well designed pets? it's designed to be humurous. Something not for stats, but for our collection. I bought this pet, and I like it.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
phreshkidd1 wrote:
As much as I already knew the "big surprise" was going to be an April fools joke (last year was horrible). I thought "Hey, maybe they'll come out with those weird glasses things with the nose for wizards to wear!?"

No. I was close though! They came out with....ANOTHER ROCK! The Trolling Stone! :D I was so happy, I was disappointed :)! Oh the joy of knowing that they tried to trick us with an almost...no. It's just completely ridiculous! It was so funny I lost the ability to laugh! :D

And the funny part was...the rock comes with a spell! Fortify! A spell we can easily get...or we just already have it! The amusing look on my mothers face when she saw how much it was. She laughed! 2900 crowns? Are you serious!? The only good thing was that it had those funny glasses with the nose and mustache combo!

Thanks KI, but really? Someone must have forgotten that April was soon and then threw this together in a week. Either way thanks for the efforts, but it wasn't amusing at all! :D Keep on "Rockin'!" XD

now i know why my pet rock named oscar kept telling me that his cousin is coming although i never see them in the same room at any time weird huh its like he is
no way the trolling stone is just a pet rock with disguise glasses its a totally new pet

Survivor
May 21, 2011
I disagree. Personally, I didn't have any pet rock pets so I was hoping a funny pet rock would come up again, and I did buy it. Most players do not have fortify, as not all wizards are level 50. Anyway, I liked it, and it is a collectible! Oh and btw, 2000 crowns is pretty good compared to the other pet prices! :?
Sydney Mistcatcher
Level 53 Fire

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
A lot of noobs could use the spell. I think it was a great idea, I will admit it wasn't so funny.. but it's a good pet. It is like a piggle.. looks cute but most dont give great stats. People still have them though. Not as much as sea dragons though

Survivor
Oct 25, 2009
Yes, I'm aware that it's just the pet rock in disguise. I had mixed feelings on it at the time. It was just disappointing for me and a few others to see that it was just the same rock in disguise. I know KI has been working hard on the game and their pets are usually well designed but this time it didn't seem like it. ( I was only speaking about ONE pet not all pets.)

The whole situation began to make everyone (people I'm around) wonder why we couldn't just have a pet clothing store or something similar to that. That's another reason why I was disappointed, because it caused quite a commotion (much like last year). No, the Trolling stone isn't bad it's just really something I wasn't expecting. It's arrival,the way they announced it, was more or less amusing in it's own little way. It still just wasn't what I was hoping for.

The crowns, I said my mom laughed at, which was true! She said that she wouldn't pay that much for a rock in disguise. LOL! Fortify I thought would be easy to get because it's a treasure card. Anyone can go buy a fortify treasure card or even farm for it if they wanted to.

Pets aren't just for stats I know, but when I get a pet that does have stats (doesn't happen often, but I do collect) I'd want to use them. Something I couldn't do with the Trolling stone, because I already have Fortify and I rarely use it. I mostly battle with my starter deck so Fortify isn't necessary if you know your enemy. Either way the game is great and the Trolling stone was just "one of those things". I won't say I liked it but I don't hate it. Sorry if it offended anyone. The sarcasm is my way of showing that I was trying to be positive about it.