Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 3-30-12

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hi Wizards! Posting this a little early today, as we are taking a bit of a "teacher's institute day". What does that mean for us here at Ravenwood? Well, we're taking the afternoon off to spend time with fellow Professors, eat pizza, and play board games. Don't worry, we'll be hard at work making the new, nifty stuff for ya bright and early Monday morning.

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Today, let's talk about spells. I'm very aware we have discussed this before, but we like to refresh this one from time to time. I have two questions for you:
1. What is your favorite spell currently in the game, and why?
2. If you could add one spell for your Wizard, what would it be?

Looking forward to hearing your ideas! Now, to find that extra-super-duper-hot bottle of crushed red peppers for my spicy sausage and jalapeno pizza... Have a great weekend everyone! ::grin::

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Community Leader
Always good to have a refresher topic . :)

Black cat will always be my favorite. That cat looks awesome.
Favorite pet spell will always be spritely. It has helped me out of so many sticky battles.

How about a big cat version? Snow Tiger? Can have frost roar?
Oh dear, I am never any good at thinking of spells. Ask me about a house;)

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Professor Falmea wrote:
Hi Wizards! Posting this a little early today, as we are taking a bit of a "teacher's institute day". What does that mean for us here at Ravenwood? Well, we're taking the afternoon off to spend time with fellow Professors, eat pizza, and play board games. Don't worry, we'll be hard at work making the new, nifty stuff for ya bright and early Monday morning.

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Today, let's talk about spells. I'm very aware we have discussed this before, but we like to refresh this one from time to time. I have two questions for you:

Looking forward to hearing your ideas! Now, to find that extra-super-duper-hot bottle of crushed red peppers for my spicy sausage and jalapeno pizza... Have a great weekend everyone! ::grin::

my favorite spell for ice is definitly tower shield
and my favorite storm one has to be siren every time i see it i want to say meet the power of Me Rachel dreamsong when i am on my storm XD

also if i could add one spell to my wizards err 2 cause i am using my storm and ice for this then i say
grand whale for storm
and frosty penguin for ice

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
1: I like the spell Ra because it has great action ^-^
2:If I could add a spell... I would add... Genie!
Hehe. Clever me

Survivor
Jan 04, 2010
Hi! I am new to good ideas and picking favorites on the message board but i would have would have to say my favorite spell would be fluffy the heck hound. If i could add a new spell it would the following:

Name: Escapees

Class: Storm

Damage: 920-1250 to all.

Description: Alcatraz pops up in the battle arena and escaping prisoners run out to find that land has taken the place of water. One of the escapees is hold a electrified shaft, runs up to the enemies, and jabs the shaft into the ground sending 4 electric beams into all the enemies encasing them in electricity. Afterwards the prisoners run off into the distance.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Since I have not taken my legendaries to Transcended yet, I would have to say my favorites spells are:
1. Forest Lord
2. Efreet
3. Ra

Spells I would like to see added would be for Balance, and that would be actual "Balance Shield and Balance Trap". After my latest battles with my balance wizard, it has become apparent that even though balance has the elemental and spiritual shields and traps, they are actually of little use when battling a balance mob. More times than not, Judgement is spammed by the mobs and outside of using a TC Tower shield which I do not buy, there is no defense against this spell for ANYONE, not just balance wizards.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Currently, my favorite spell would either be forest lord or gnomes. I really really REALLY hope KI decides to give life a DoT eventually.

Explorer
Apr 27, 2011
The spell I like the most is Leviathan! :3

I would love to see Raijū added as our next Storm spell.

Raijū ( 雷獣,"thunder animal" or "thunder beast") is a legendary creature from Japanese mythology. Its body is composed of lightning and may be in the shape of a cat, tanuki, or weasel. The form of a white and blue wolf (or even a wolf wrapped in lightning) is also common. It may also fly about as a ball of lightning (in fact, the creature may be an attempt to explain the phenomenon of ball lightning). Its cry sounds like thunder.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Favorite spell? Hmm, I would have to say meteor. Me and my friend have a joke (Not irl friend unfortunately) that it should be called OP meteor cause I can hit 900 without any blades or anything on it ^-^

See ya in the spiral!
Btw if I could add 1 known spell, it would be Extroadinary! I mean, for those pesky ices!!!! Come on, 74% resist to fire? Falmea how are you ok with this?

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
codastar wrote:
1: I like the spell Ra because it has great action ^-^
2:If I could add a spell... I would add... Genie!
Hehe. Clever me

your genie spell exists with a different name its know as efreet lolz its not exactly a new spell ya know

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
I am a fire wizard but i still think that leviathan is the coolest and strongest spell.
A spell that I would make up would be a flame tsunami. This spell is similar to the meteor strike spell because it attacks all enemies but it doesn't do damage over rounds. It does 1000 damage to all enemies and it puts a smoke screen on each of them. The spell's animation is a giant flame wave that comes and rips a city in half and leaves it in ashes. ( same city for stormzilla animation ) I hope you like my idea! 8)

Explorer
Mar 13, 2009
My favorite spell currently would also have to be spritely.

I think a fun ice spell would be a penguin spell. Penguins sliding down a hill as an attack spell would be awesome!

Survivor
Jul 27, 2010
I really like Ra, even though I don't have a balance wizard.

A spell to be added to the game? Hmm... maybe a few mutations to the level 48 spells like a Storm Dragon(storm version of fire dragon), Death Tree(death version of Rebirth), Tundra Warden(ice version of Scarecrow), etc.

If not those how about a spell that gives three random 50% blades of any of the 7 schools to one member on your team for 2 pips. A name? Hmm... Ample Artillery? The school would be balance though...

Explorer
Apr 28, 2010
1-Gnomes!, Forest Lord, Rebirth, Tower Shield, Colossal.
2-A trainable Life Minotaur or some sort of Life DoT.

Defender
Aug 22, 2010
My favorite spell has to be mammoth.
I would like to see a yeti on Everest spell. Penguins would be cool

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
I don't think I have a favorite spell, but I guess the one with the best look might be katzenteins monster, nice and, complex.

The spell i would add could be dragons teeth, which could be a myth, or balance spell. A large patch of dirt appears in the middle of the duel circle, and dsome tiny white triangles fly twards the enemy and land on it. Then a huge man in battle armor climbs out from under it, and swings his sword at the target, doing however much damage kingsisle decides it should do.

If you plan to have a quest to get it, I reccomend either getting your hands on some dragons teeth, or a certain coin to pay the warrior with so that he'll serve you.

Defender
May 17, 2011
Professor Falmea wrote:

my favorite is beguile, because its just so cool to be able to go to the enemies side (or vise versa. my brain does not work well this early in the morning). I really wish i had beguile. a lot. but my life wizard saffron firehunter can't learn it. and i don't even know if i can get a treasure card for it.

Defender
Feb 12, 2011
Professor Falmea wrote:
... 1. What is your favorite spell currently in the game, and why?

Great question! As a Storm wizard, here are my answers:

1. Favorite spell has to be Satyr. My health is so low, my block and critical resist are also very low. So being able to heal with Satyr is huge! (funny, I'm storm and yet my favorite spell is from another school lol).

2. Well if I'm only allowed to add one spell, then I would have to choose an increased "Fortify" spell - something like "-50% damage over four rounds"). Again, spells that keep Storm wizards alive longer are so needed at the higher levels (I'd even be happy to turn in 2 -3 pips for this).

Bonus Answer
Here are some other spell ideas for you to consider:

a. Create a crafting option for wizards to combine reagents AND training points for the chance to create a new spell. You might consider creating an area in the game (like GH crafting station) where wizards can go and create their own different types of spells that are brand new to the game. For wizards without training points available, they will most likely use crowns to buy them back - or you might add new training point quests, add them as drops to a new pack (bought for crowns) or any other number of variations.

b. Add a "chaos" spell - it takes shields from all enemy players and randomly distributes them to players on the other side.

Community Leader
My favorite spell is Rain of Fire. I love the pygmies rofl.

I know the post said one spell. But I honestly have had a list of spell ideas just sitting in my journal.

So here they are:

Heartbreaker
2 pips
Death
Block an Incoming Beguile

Enforce
2 pips
Balance
3 white pips over 3 rounds

Stonewall
2 pips
Balance
Prevents a blade being put up on Target whether by self or from friends

Fortification
2 pips
Balance
Prevents a trap being put up on self from enemies.

Calm Skies
2 pips
Balance
Takes away any bubble in effect

Fog
2 pips
Fire
Puts fog in the front of the enemies with a little bit fire on the ground, -30 accuracy on all.

The Riverman
Could be Level 78 Spell
Death
Rises out of the foggy water with a lantern with a gold coin in its hand, sitting in a rowboat under dark skies with a moon above. He will put his hand toward a single enemy and then pull the soul out of the enemy, the enemy crashes to ground.

The Three Fates
Could be Level 78 Spell
Myth
Three witches standing and cackling together, whipping a golden thick ribbon thread squeezing around an enemy, then cutting it which releases their soul to gently exit of their body and their bodies crash.

Rumpelstiltskin
Could be Level 78 Spell
Myth
He wakes up next to a rock and a tree and casts an aging spell on an enemy then turns them into an old monster. The enemy will shriek and just wither and then they just explode into dust.

Ghost Ship
Could be Level 78 Spell
Death
A ghost pirate boat rises out of murky foggy water, there's ghost pirates on it too, then the boat turns sideways and boom boom boom! Cannon fire on all of the enemies.

Avalanche
Could be Level 78 Spell
Ice
A mountain rises up with a sheep standing near the top and he says BAA! Suddenly it shakes a bit, then an avalanche comes down and knocks into all enemies.

Snow Ram
Could be Level 78 Spell
Ice
Snow covered evergreens pop up and out of it, a huge snow ram runs out and rams into a single enemy.

Fire Eater
Could be Level 78 Spell
Fire
A caravan van with horses comes on the scene with "Fire Eater" on the side of it and out of the door steps out a gypsy in a turban and gypsy really dull dark purple and green or gray trim. He starts blowing fire either at a single or all enemies.

Kite
Could be Level 78 Spell
Storm
A old guy in a wig flies a kite and the storm clouds covers the sky and it's lightening, so the old man wraps the kite's string around an enemy. Then lightning strikes the kite, then down the string and electrocutes the enemy.

Osiris
Balance
Could be Level 78 Spell
A woman with a cat head pops up, crouches on the ground like a cat, then pounces, clawing a single enemy or all enemies in a single stroke.

Boomerang
Life
Could be Level 78 Spell
A jungle boy with wild hair and green tunics (like Peter Pan) swings down from a tree, then throws the boomerang to hit a single or all enemies in a single stroke.

Icarus
Life
Could be Level 78 Spell
A boy with wings that are obviously human made from wax and feathers drops down on an enemy and beats it with a wood branch stick.

Honestly I think the Stun spell should be revamped. Every time you are stunned, you should be stuck and encased in an ice cube for the round.

Need help with Zeke, Packs, Pets, Gear? Stars of the Spiral has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Defender
Dec 31, 2010
I will always love leviathan! It smy favorite! If I could invent a spell for my wizard it would be a healing spell for storm... death has one, balance has one.....why not storm? A Crinaeae would be good, they're ancient greek water nymphs.

Keira Dreamleaf lvl 64 Diviner

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010

Professor Falmea,

My favorite is Chimera, it just has that awesome look and action, when you are staring into it's faces... plus it's great hitting power. It finally gave Balance the Balance it needed in it's spells. Now, Balance has a three angle attack, which finally gives Balance a different and better options, instead of just using Judgement to attack with.

For my Balance, it would be a 2 pip aura, with maybe increasing the Power pips by 10 to 15%. This would allow Balance a better chance to win, when it's has to remove Doom and Gloom, or one of the Myth, Fire, Ice, or Storm auras in PvP.

Thanks,
Joe.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Professor Falmea wrote:
Hi Wizards!

Hmm, favorite spell in the game? Always making me choose, Falmea likes to push me into making tough decisions. As of typing this, my favorite spell is probably the Pierce Aura, infallible.
If I can have one spell for my wizard, that would probably be black mantle, trained that is, not treasure. But I need a balance wizard for that.

I like my food spicy too XD hot peppers on a pizza, nice. Especially if it's really toasty.

Survivor
Jul 04, 2010
Recently I have really taken a liking to the hydra. I like setting up for it. I love to see all those blades around my head and all the traps around the enemy and as each dragon head casts its spell i love how long it takes to go through each blade and trap and then how big each hit point is. I love it when the enemy dies before the 3rd head attacks.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
My favorite spell right now is Triton. Very effective, very fun animation. A spell I would like to see? Well, i've been thinking of this for a while.
Storm Demon:
Rank 10
Accuracy 70% (Naturally)
Deals 1175 damage and a one-round stun to one enemy.
Animation: Storm clouds appear low on the ground, dark grey with purple and blue lightning flashing in them. Then they swirl into a giant with glowing purple-blue eyes. He zaps the same sort of lightning you saw in the clouds from his hands at the target, dealing the damage, then turns into a tornado and whirls into the target, delivering the stun.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2010
thats hard...
first of all i only have untill 4/10/12 for a membership and the day that i wroth this is 4/4/12 so i am trying to get my idias out fast. ps.this is my first membership that my parents aloued me to have so...i am only lvl 21

fav spell...sprite minion...saved my life so many times (pss. i am a life wizard)

a new spell: spikey hinds. (thoughs spikey weads that bother me, posibly you also veary veary mutch.) a dark green cloud comes over the feald and sends a sead to a beautful vally. it starts to sprout and then it fast forwords and you see all the seasons pass with snow, water/rain, cloudless suny days, and leafs falling all wile the wead grows and grows all over the feald. the weads form a doam around the team (yes...whole team) wile the weads squese the oponent wile glowing a light green. giveing spell casters team spirit armor with 800 absorb and giveing the oponent 100 damige over 5 rounds. ive ben wanting to say this for a long time

to wizard 101: you can change the stats/ afects of this and i wont care. i am thinking this as a high leveled spell but i think i might be geting over my head so change as you like