Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My Life Secondary and Astral

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
So, I was once again looking through the classes in Ravenwood, to find what I now think would be a good secondary. You see, I had just renewed my training points at Mr. Lincoln.

Mr. Lincoln himself said that I had a "Death" aura about me. He said that I might want to try that as my secondary, as a life wizard. I decided to look into it.

First I wandered to Professor Balestrom. He put up a good arguement.

"Ah, young wizard. With all that extra accuracy, and little power, you could do with some powerful storm spells! Uh, how about I throw in a Triton treasure card for free? Free trial?"

I said I would look into it.

Next, I went to Professor Greyrose, which I thought was useless considering I probably don't want anything except the tower shield. However, I might just want to take her classes to reach the tower shield.

"Oh, dear. I see a great, powerful ice wizard in you, dear! Are you sure?"

I attempted her classes, but it turned out I wasn't too adept in ice, and trying would only waste training points.

"Here's your test back. You might want to look into other classes..."

I got a 'D' on my Frost Beetle, Polar Cat, and Thermal Shield exam. Not my thing.

I stepped over to the Fire school, and peered in through the window for a moment, soon realizing that I just quit fire.

I skipped past Malorn, knowing I would stop by the Nightside later, and went over to Professor Drake's classroom. He wasn't present, so I entered the Myth Tower to find him fighting a fellow student, yelling something about Malistaire.

I stepped out, thinking that I wasn't quite interested in Myth anyway, as it is only a good First school.

As I am and was Life, I only stopped into the Life school to see if Professor Wu had any work for me to do.

She handed me a chart with 10 boxes on it, and circles within the boxes, taking up half of it.

"Find me two samples of Golden Squash, Red Mandrake Root, Kelp, Mist Wood, and the rare Water Lily, child. They must be found in the wild, and if I find you getting them from the Olde Town Bazaar I will hand you a 0. You must find these reagents, draw them, and give a detailed description. You must fetch two of each, because we want to test how nature can make things look different and affect differently."

I then ran over to the balance instructor, which I was fairly interested in. Not very though.

I went back to the Commons to get some shut-eye, as Headmaster Ambrose only allows students to enter the Nightside at night. He doesn't want any new students discovering it; they might get hurt.

So, I examined Dworgyn's collection. The Feint spell definetely caught my eye. Maybe I would be death?

Well, I put this out onto the forums so I might get more replies. What is a good secondary for Life? Or, as I'm currently thinking about, should I not get a secondary at all? Pips are tough these days, and once we get higher up there, I'm not sure we use secondaries as much! My Zafarian Ice surely doesn't!

So, could you answer that please? And meanwhile, I'll share my adventure to Celestia...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I was wandering around the Base Camp, when I heard a voice saying, in a robotic tone: "Sun School Spells, Located Here. Moon School Spells, Located Here. Star School Spells, Located Here."

I looked over the edge into the tiny hole, and I found three machines, the size of a small television just sitting there, blinking, surrounded by many other students from Ravenwood. It was mainly the Star that was surrounded.

Well, I was on my other wizard, and I picked the Moon School. The only one I find helpful, as I'm ice, is the Polymorph Cat Bandit.

On my Life, however, which school should I choose? Star or Sun? I've already started with the Sun School, but I can turn back now.

Opinions?

Ian Ravencaller

Survivor
Apr 10, 2010
i think you should pick the star school so you can cast vengence for criticals and you can cast amplify to strengthen your spells

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
On my Life wizard I did the boost my natural spells only stuff, I made the helmet from Wintertusk, for the critical and 45% blade, got the blade from Niles in Krock Land, have an amulet with a 25% Balance blade and then once in Celestia I started the boost spells that I believe start with Giant? and followed that though for 5 training points to Drum Jungle to get the final one Colossus. You don't have to get the bow and arrow spells to advance to next available boost spell. I didn't get my Waterworks gear until I was done with Zafaria - didn't matter though, I was able to make it though with no problem.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
jsd2122001 wrote:
i think you should pick the star school so you can cast vengence for criticals and you can cast amplify to strengthen your spells

I was actually thinking, if I didn't get a secondary at all of course, that I would take both Sun and Star? What do you think?

Survivor
Jul 16, 2011
I think you should choose star schools, which can help increase your criticals for awhile or decrease damage for a few rounds