Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

frozen in time and fustrated

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 25, 2012
now I've sent them an e-mail about this before and they gave me some explanation about internet blips and contacting my server. what happens is my game stops working. can;t talk to anyone, real or npc. can not go in buildings, dungeons or doors, can;t teleport and all the monsters start walking off the path and disappearing completely. now if it were just i lost my Internet for a second and I'm sort of in character in limbo, then logging off and on again should fix this right up. it doesn't. I'll log off an don at least forty times. some times i have to walk away and not play for twenty minuets, then log in and out twenty times to fix this. its' frustrating. especially when i have to redo dungeon six or seven times do to this or when it finally does correct itself,it decides I've been in a battle for the last twenty minuets and i get killed as of a result of it. i understand sometimes the Internet does blip out. i don't understand why the game can't correct itself after you've logged out and logged back in forty times. if it helps i have a windows seven laptop, wifi, with an intel pentium processor and this happens most frequently around 3-6 when the children get out school, although its happened as early 12. it also never happens at my finance's house(he's got a land line, but also windows seven.) any suggestions or fixes would be appreciated

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
Perform a virus check on your computer then do a power cycle ( this means shutting of the computer and waiting for it to completely shut off ) and wait about 10 minutes then start your computer back up. There isnt much to prevent this glitch but it rarely happens.

Defender
Jan 25, 2012
it doesn't rarely happen. this happen almost every day I'm on around the same time.

Survivor
Sep 27, 2011
darkcloyd wrote:
now I've sent them an e-mail about this before and they gave me some explanation about internet blips and contacting my server. what happens is my game stops working. can;t talk to anyone, real or npc. can not go in buildings, dungeons or doors, can;t teleport and all the monsters start walking off the path and disappearing completely. now if it were just i lost my Internet for a second and I'm sort of in character in limbo, then logging off and on again should fix this right up. it doesn't. I'll log off an don at least forty times. some times i have to walk away and not play for twenty minuets, then log in and out twenty times to fix this. its' frustrating. especially when i have to redo dungeon six or seven times do to this or when it finally does correct itself,it decides I've been in a battle for the last twenty minuets and i get killed as of a result of it. i understand sometimes the Internet does blip out. i don't understand why the game can't correct itself after you've logged out and logged back in forty times. if it helps i have a windows seven laptop, wifi, with an intel pentium processor and this happens most frequently around 3-6 when the children get out school, although its happened as early 12. it also never happens at my finance's house(he's got a land line, but also windows seven.) any suggestions or fixes would be appreciated

Hmm... Strange o_O

maybe you need to re-download w101

Ps. I have no experiance in this but I hope it helps ^_^

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
darkcloyd wrote:

Sounds as if your internet provider over sold their bandwidth.

This happened to me when I had satellite internet. I would be fine all day until late afternoon and early evening. After changing internet providers, I no longer had the problem.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 70 Life

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
darkcloyd wrote:
it doesn't rarely happen. this happen almost every day I'm on around the same time.
i sent another post attempting to say " ignore my other post" but it wasnt posted, i wrote that before i logged on and found myself having the same problems, i do not know how but as of 4/5/2012 i have not seen this happen all day.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
superluther wrote:
darkcloyd wrote:

Sounds as if your internet provider over sold their bandwidth.

This happened to me when I had satellite internet. I would be fine all day until late afternoon and early evening. After changing internet providers, I no longer had the problem.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 70 Life
what if you have dsl and still expierence this problem, ( which i am not anymore ).