Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Thieves and their problems

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 17, 2011
I have noticed that some players ask for treasure cards and promise to gift the treasure card givers a pack, mount, or something else. I conducted a small experiment:

First, I went to the commons and started promising one wizard a raven hoard pack for one treasure card. He gave me a very good card (it had a mooshu cow picture on it, but I forgot the real name). Another wizard came to us and said "Garrett, she won't gift you," I teleported away. I then went back to the commons, disguised as a novice wizard (I am really a master wizard). I hid behind a building and listened to this conversation:
Garrett (the wizard I stole the card from): She stole my card!
other wizard that told Garrett not to give me a card: I will keep an eye out for her.

This went on and on and on. I found Garrett later and gave him back his card.

See how much drama this causes? It's awful! We need to make this stop!

Saffron Firehunter, Master Life Wizard

PS: If anyone that was there when this happened, I apologize for doing this. I will never do that again!

Administrator
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/12968.ftl

A Cautionary Tale
I thought this might be a good opportunity to remind our young Wizards to be wary of players promising gifts of mounts or other goodies, in exchange for your Treasure Cards.

Be sensible young Wizards, and ask yourselves if this person is really going to give you an item worth $30 of real money just for a few free Treasure Cards - the answer is, no, they're not. They're going to take your Treasure Cards and disappear. It's not a very nice thing to do, but all trades must be agreed upon by both parties. If the trade sounds too good to be true, it probably is, so don't accept the trade.

Please remember, reporting someone for 'scamming' you out of Treasure Cards is not valid, since you both had to agree to the trade. If what you see in the Trade window is not fair, regardless of what the player told you, don't agree to the trade, simple as that. Caveat emptor is a very powerful lesson to learn, young Wizards. Buyer Beware.

community@wizard101.com
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Sadly I was not aware of this scam until my Grandson was taken for his treasure cards, some time ago, while I stood there telling him I did not think it would be possible, he pushed the trade button and the mugger ported away, removed him from his friends list and left my Grandson confused. What is sad here is young children are not fully aware of what kind of dishonest people are out there in the world - lets face it we shelter them to this as long as we can so they may enjoy their childhood and not worry about their back all the time.

From then on I did intervene when ever I seen this happened to another child and sometimes they listened to me and some times they did not and were taken, leaving me left with a very disappointed person I had to try to convince not to be so upset and that everyone in the game was like that but you know that the game now left a bad taste in their mouth from it.

The only other answer here is to not allow your young child to play this game until they have been hardened by the world and are fully aware of the value of the dollar, somewhere around age 15, so they will know not to trust any one ever they do not know in real life and will be starting to find out about money and it's value.