Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Basic Crafting Help... (pretty please?)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 17, 2011
Okay, so I am new to crafting and I am only on my second quest involving creating something (ring of insight) but I am completely clueless on how to go about it. In the last mission I was given a recipe to create the dagger of absolution so do I have to purchase a recipe somewhere in order to create the rings? I am soooo lost! (I've just been doing every other quest but this one!)

Please help! (Thank you in advance.)

- Kestrel

Survivor
Jun 30, 2011
usually the person who gives you the craft quest either gives the recipe to you or has it for you to purchase. :-)

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
The recipe you need is sold by the one who gives you the quest, yes, you must purchase the recipe, then collect and/or buy the items needed and craft them on the table it requires, in early questing you sometimes have to wait between for it to cool down - be careful not to delete or sell the other one you made in the mean time. Some of the ingredients can be purchased from the reagent vendor located right next to the craft quest person, others can be picked up while in game and if you come up short they can be purchased from the Bazaar.

I too had a time getting my crafting off the ground as there really doesn't seem to be a clear way to go about it. In the end I was glad I did it with at least one of my wizards when I wanted to craft the Wintertusk gear rather then do Waterworks.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
MagicalKestrel wrote:
Okay, so I am new to crafting and I am only on my second quest involving creating something (ring of insight) but I am completely clueless on how to go about it. In the last mission I was given a recipe to create the dagger of absolution so do I have to purchase a recipe somewhere in order to create the rings? I am soooo lost! (I've just been doing every other quest but this one!)

Please help! (Thank you in advance.)

- Kestrel

Hi Kestrel,

Here's a nice resource for all of your crafting needs:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232636

To get the recipe for the Ring of Insight:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Ring_of_Insight

Bestof wishes in your crafting adventures. May you find bountiful paths in fortuitous places :D

Iridian Shadowweaver, Legendary Artisan