Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sub-Schools of W101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 13, 2011

I've always wondered why schools didn't get distinct sub-schools they can learn under certain conditions. Has anyone here heard of a Prestige Class? Well these shall two Prestige 'Schools' of Magic. Here they are,

Evocation and Dao Magi

To unlock Evocation,

You must be a Life/Myth/Death or Balance Wizard and your secondary class must be Life/Myth/Death and to qualify for Secondary Class Status you must learn all spells the teacher teaches in their school. Then you can learn Evocation Magic.

To unlock Dao Magi.

You must be a Storm/Ice/Fire or Balance Wizard and your secondary class must be Storm/Ice/Fire and to qualify for Secondary Class Status you must learn all spells the teacher teaches in their school. Then you can learn Evocation Magic.

What IS Dao Magi?

I sorta ripped off Dao Magi off of Taoism and when I researched it it is based off several principles which really could apply to magic (IMHO) including Flow of Universe (Tao) Cultivation of the 'Flow' (De) Without action (Wu Wei) Simplicity (Pu).

Basically, I felt that if you had a magic that didn't actually rely on Mana (Which can be the flow of the universe) and use these spells through other means, such as subtracting life from yourself or passing for a turn and so on, maybe even only attack with a spell under a certain rank could allow you to let the universe protect you or attack your opponents. We're talking a Forest of Tree's, Which would grant stunning the enemy, but conditions X and Y must be met, with Z Pips, consuming NO Mana, not disrupting the universal flow, but getting things over with. There'll be attack spells in there as well, but minor.

What IS Evocation?

Evocation is the calling forth of spirits/angels/demons and the like. These evoked S.A.D's will act in many different ways. They have a 100% cast rate. Getting them to do what you WANT on the other hand requires a second set in stone percentage. The lower levels are usually Obedience% and Freedom% are 25% - 75%, 35% - 65%, 45% - 55% so on and so forth. The functions are extremely varied.

Enhancement S.A.D's will be summoned onto yourself or another teammate who can accept/deny the enhancement. The evoked S.A.D will immediately increase either Basically anything that can be increased in a mix such as Health/Mana, Critical/Block, Resistance/Boost etc. If they are free, They'll effectively take over your wizard for 4-8 turns doing whatever they want.

Vestige S.A.D's will be summoned forcibly onto the other side. The S.A.D will go inside the enemy. But having it be allied or not really doesn't matter. As one S.A.D is granted a body, it can use its new power to summon more, allowing their allies to go to the real world. Then they just attack anything and randomly do whatever they want. Or if it obey's, it'll just drain everyone else's life for itself while trapping it's side and enhancing summoners side.

Unique S.A.D's are different from the other two types. They'll have an ability such as making you a "Cushion" that every monster wants to attack with about 2.5K-4K Lives, As a cushion all monsters will attack you. It'll steal enemy lives and the like. If they end up free, it drains all your pips and 1/10 of your Health and ends up doing nothing. There will be the occasional "Demon's Strike" or "Angel's Blessing" Damage Spell.

Where will they be situated?

Daoism will be learned in Mooshu while Evocation will be learned in DragonSpyre. They'll each have a unique Dungeon Guarding the Trainer who teaches the spell.

I'll work on the definite 'ideas' for the spells next post, I've seen some really great idea's for school spells on the forum, so feel free to collaborate in on this idea, I might even soon add other Sub-Schools.

I have TERRIBLE Grammar skills so can anyone point those out?

Survivor
Sep 04, 2010