Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How many houses can one wizard have?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
Just curious if I can use the extra house potions from the bundles on my current wizard. I got the Epic, Mega and Super bundles and I used one potion already so I could have 4 houses and have 2 extra potions. If I use them will by wizard be able to have 6 homes?

Community Leader
I am not really sure there is a limit. I know I have 6 houses on a wizard by using mega cards and such. One thing to keep in mind though. Every item you have in those houses is going to make your game run just a bit slower or lag. All that info is running on your wizard. I found 6 is my limit. With each new elixir you get another housing slot.

You could always add a new house on another wizard on that account.

Defender
Dec 31, 2011
Defender
Dec 31, 2011
But the only way to get to house to house besides my equipting and uneuipting is to buy a teloporter from the 'Crown Shop'

Survivor
Sep 03, 2008
There is no limit if you constantly buy Super Bundles

For someone with no bundles, the limit is 3.

-DarkWizardry (Blake Nightblood)

Survivor
Dec 06, 2008
Gamester999 wrote:
But the only way to get to house to house besides my equipting and uneuipting is to buy a teloporter from the 'Crown Shop'

Actually your character can also craft teleporters if s/he is high enough in crafting. I have crafted enough for one of my wizards she just ports from house to house. The recipe you can buy in Celestia.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
Gamester999 wrote:

Yeah or crafting the teleporters if you feel like running round for a few days (weeks? o.O) hunting down reagents :P

Community Leader
Gamester999 wrote:

You can also craft them. Which I did makes everything much more special when I take the time to craft. (My opinion only.) I created a Dorm room hub that links all my houses on that wizard.

As to the topic yes I would guess as long as you keep adding bundles you can add housing slots. Each bundle gives one elixir.

Owning multiple houses doesn’t increase lag. Your character doesn’t carry around the contents of their houses. It’s more like they carry around a key chain with keys to their houses. However, the items at a house do affect your frame rate when you visit a house. Frame rate is how smoothly a house draws as you walk around it. Frame rate is affected by the speed of your computer, the quality of your graphics card, and the complexity of the objects at a house. The maximum item limit is meant to help limit poor frame rate.

Arthur Wethersfield

The housing programmer

Community Leader
Thank you so much Arthur Wethersfield . I have learned something. :D

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
3 per wizard, but if you get certain Gift Cards then they will give you what is called a Housing Elixir, which gives you one more spot for another house (as these Gift Cards give you great houses, and it would be unfortunate not to get them just because you already have three other houses). This does not include your dorm (it doesn't really count as a 'house'). I would assume that the Elixirs only affect the wizard receiving the house, but I wouldn't know, as I have never gotten one.