Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death Warlord Tips???

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
Im a lvl 70 death commander. i havent played pvp in a couple of months and when i got to lvl 70 i started to lose consantly. now i'm a captain. anyone got any lvl 70 death warlord tips out there??

thanks

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
Exactly what kind of pvp do you do? 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, or 4v4. If i were you i would find a good 3 players and do 4v4 with them while you spam plague virulent plague and tc's of these plagues. i havent done 1v1 on my death a lot and am probably not going to start.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
Well sadly, death is getting trumped. The preparatory spells given to us don't really help when the opponent can:
A, kill you before you cast an attack spell
B, shield until it does almost no damage
C, Destroy 4 rounds worth of work
What we need is either some defences or a spell buff and a powerful multi spell.

To the point though is that you should choose a battle strategy. This strategy can be your own and must be flexible to deal with different enemies. I, for example lower the enemy health and cast doom and gloom. This leaves all schools powerless.

Hope I've helped!
Sincerely Jeffrey Spirithunter
lvl 70 necromancer
"The enemy is but a hurdle to overcome..."

Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
I usually do 1v1 most of the time and i have get some succes in it most of the time. and you guys are right Death is really getting weak. i know the new spell katzenstien does like 1000 with gargantuan but with the new resist and stuff like that its almost impossible to get a good hit on the opponent

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Steve365 wrote:
Im a lvl 70 death commander. i havent played pvp in a couple of months and when i got to lvl 70 i started to lose consantly. now i'm a captain. anyone got any lvl 70 death warlord tips out there??

thanks

Steve,

I don't have any tips, but I do have a stratergy that was played against me that I really liked.
Throw out a few bladed posions on Gar, to bring the health down, while tossing out weakness and shields. Get the opponents health down to around 2000, even if a takes a little while with Wraith and posion combos.
Once you get their health down, unleast a bladed Skeleton dragon, then Doom and Gloom and then as soon as you can a second Gared and bladed Skeleton dragon.
When you can hit with a third Skeleton dragon or keep Doom and Gloom up.
This is really an awesome attack, and only Life and Ice can live through it.
I tried this on my Death, and really like how it appears that I have Low attacking power until the dragon comes out.

Joe.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
There is a post somewhere in this pvp section, that I basically give all the tips and tricks you need to become great with death. Death is one of the best schools to PvP with. There are many options to use with death.

Some of the best tips I can give you, get a pet with spell proof 10, defy 5, spritely, and may cast death blade.

Then you have many options. A good option, is to have the myth amulet, so if you need to, you can shatter shields, if you want to play that way, but death has a few DoT spells, so that is not exactly necessary.

Definitely use Waterworks gear, as it gives you the best resistance. Maybe change out boots though to crafted Ice/Death Zafaria boots. For Critical block, that or have a good wand with critical block.

Use Infallible treasure cards before your attacks. Save up the pips to attack in a combination.

There are many ways to improve strategies on death, these are a few and my other post has some others.

Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
Thanks for the tips guys it really helped me out a lot i'm a commander again!. but i always lose to storm. i literaly have to shield every round just to block a 600 damage storm bats. so its like every round they get a power pip they get 600 damage and bolts omg. thats not 33% everytime i shield it does 10 damage and everytime i dont shield it does like 1500 then i heal then i get hit again with 1500. sometimes it wasnt even a gg. it takes no skill or effort just to bolt every single round

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Steve365 wrote:
Thanks for the tips guys it really helped me out a lot i'm a commander again!. but i always lose to storm. i literaly have to shield every round just to block a 600 damage storm bats. so its like every round they get a power pip they get 600 damage and bolts omg. thats not 33% everytime i shield it does 10 damage and everytime i dont shield it does like 1500 then i heal then i get hit again with 1500. sometimes it wasnt even a gg. it takes no skill or effort just to bolt every single round

Steve,

Just a suggestion, that may or may not help.
As soon as I see the health below 2800, I know it's a storm.
I do a few things to get ready for the fast paced battle I'm about to engage in.

1. I have my sidedeck designed to attack fast, a few heals and shields.
I go to this right off, and discard anything I don't need.
2. I try to keep only one shield on me at all times, if possible.
3. I dump as many weakness as I can on them.
4. Don't wait, attack fast with blades and do as much damage as possible.
5. Always keep a few pips available, unless you are sure you can take them
out. You may need these pips for heals, just in case.
6. When facing a storm, you should be discarding 4 to 6 cards each round,
to get exactly the cards you need.
7. Keep one empower or what every you have to remove a feint, in case they
try to use one.
8. Don't waste time and rounds trying to get rid of a Weakness, try
to blade and hit.
9. Imo, you are always better to try to take out a storm as fast as
possible, instead of trying to keep your health up. Once storm starts
bolting or Insane bolting, the match won't last long.
10. Dump Infection on him as soon as possible, and place everyone that
shows up, on the Storm.

Just a few basics that popped into my head, hope they help.

Joe.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
lol i got mine by 1v1 and i do it balance style which works best if your first, blade once or twice, feint then tc feint, pierce/ shatter, then frank.
WHen your second you should just blade stack a dragon

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
vaporbolt wrote:
lol i got mine by 1v1 and i do it balance style which works best if your first, blade once or twice, feint then tc feint, pierce/ shatter, then frank.
WHen your second you should just blade stack a dragon

Vaporbolt,

I see that most good players carry empower in their side deck, even if they are Death, to counter the Judge attacks. So this may work at certain levels, it may not once you get to commander and above.

Joe.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Steve,

I was watching Stephanie Darkheart tonight, a pretty good death.
She keeps a good mix of things, but what is different with her, is that she uses the Death Minion. The minion she uses is not always the same one.
Most of the time it was tossing out Ice, Fire and Storm spells.
In both fights I watched her in, the opponent left the minion on the field.
Not a good idea with a death, as it leaves open shots for Wraith and Von's Monster. She won both matches, you should watch her play, she plays a very smart game.

Joe.