Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Comparing School Stats

AuthorMessage
Champion
Feb 03, 2012
By now all of you have seen and know that most people judge school stats with other school ststs. Examples of this are like, storm has too low health, ice has too much health, storm is overpowered and so on. Well let me explain that this is probably not the best way to determine balanced stats. We all have to remember that each school as it's own fighting style and standards, that right school standards. Lets start with storm shall we, so according to most people storm is overpowered. How is it overpowered? Because it has more damage than other schools? Yes it is overpowered when compared to the other schools but comparing it to the school standards, the damage is just fine. For damage stats, if you notice our rank 1 spells show us what the damage should be based around per pip, storm having around maybe 120 damage per pip, while a school like ice should be up to about 90-95 damage per pip. Asking for storm to have lower damage is like asking for ice to have lower health, no one likes that, well maybe some people. That brings us to the next topic of ice's health. On average ice recieves 31 more health per level, and their gear copes with their defensive capabilities, so it's perfectly natural for ice to be a near immortal school. Actually there isn't much in terms of other stats to talk about, damage ratio and health ratio seems to be the most popular. So let me ask of you, the next time an update comes out with new levels and spells, look at the damage and health ratios and dont compare them with the other schools, compare them with your own school, and if there's a truely unbalanced stat, then complain and talk about it. Thank you ever so much for your time here and i hope you have a great what ever time it is your reading this (morning, noon, afternoon, night), thank you again and bye. :D

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I love Storm. I am Storm, and by heart a Storm.

I have a storm with +97% damage boost. I can cast Colossal Ice bats that do a 1,100 easy damage, not boosted with any blades or traps.

A strong hit from my Wild bolt will do 1,970, for a mere 2 pips. That is without Colossal, nor any blades or traps. That is just insane.

I say Storm IS overpowered.

I love Myth. I am Myth, and at soul a Myth. Based on Myth's school description, and their special talent with minions, I turn around and look at a death minion's potential strength and it quite honestly makes me go red in the face. A Death minion can be so strong that a Myth wizard has to wait until 55 just to get a minion that can begin to compare to it.

I say death minion IS overpowered.

I turn around and look at the Ice minion. It aggressively casts Ice bats and Ice shark. Ice SHARK?! The shark was more than readily taken away from Cyclops. So while an Ice minion casts storm powered spells, the Cyclops was reduced to Myth level only. Ice school does not need a minion, to be honest.

I say ice minion IS overpowered.

So, at those respective level ranges, when the little things do become overpowered, and unbalanced, I'd say KI would have to adjust or tweak things just a little bit to where it becomes 'fair' to everyone.

And Talos not allowed in PvP? I hope Ice minion or death minion are no longer allowed in PvP either. >:o rant rant rant rant!