Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My solution to the downranking epidemic

AuthorMessage
Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Here's my solution to the down ranking epidemic in 1v1 PvP:

First you have to ask yourself, what does every down ranker absolutely hate? The answer is every down ranker hates to wait. They can hardly wait 30 seconds after they command you to pass at the beginning of the match. So to discourage down ranking we need them to pay for it with their time.

Make 1v1 arena matches a 10 turn minimum (or until one wizard is defeated, whichever comes first). If you have zero cards in your deck, oh well, be prepared to wait 10 turns before the game is over because you are out of cards. Your opponent has 10 turns to kill you, and hopefully makes you wait the full 30 seconds each turn.

It's not a perfect solution, but I'm certain it would help alleviate the down ranking epidemic we are currently facing.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
malt22 wrote:
Here's my solution to the down ranking epidemic in 1v1 PvP:

First you have to ask yourself, what does every down ranker absolutely hate? The answer is every down ranker hates to wait. They can hardly wait 30 seconds after they command you to pass at the beginning of the match. So to discourage down ranking we need them to pay for it with their time.

Make 1v1 arena matches a 10 turn minimum (or until one wizard is defeated, whichever comes first). If you have zero cards in your deck, oh well, be prepared to wait 10 turns before the game is over because you are out of cards. Your opponent has 10 turns to kill you, and hopefully makes you wait the full 30 seconds each turn.

It's not a perfect solution, but I'm certain it would help alleviate the down ranking epidemic we are currently facing.
This couldn't work. A lot of schools depend on longer matches, and what if one player was cheated of an honest win due to this time limit?

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
what if one player was cheated of an honest win due to this time limit?

I don't think you read my post accurately. I'm proposing a 10 turn minimum, not maximum.

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
When did down ranking ever become an 'epidemic'? It dosen't really bother the flow of the arena. Anyway the only reason people do it is to collect more arena tickets or to find a more comfortable possition. IMO the whole 'wait 5 minutes post fleeing' thing should be abolished completely.

Historian
May 01, 2010
Lucario450 wrote:
When did down ranking ever become an 'epidemic'? It dosen't really bother the flow of the arena. Anyway the only reason people do it is to collect more arena tickets or to find a more comfortable possition. IMO the whole 'wait 5 minutes post fleeing' thing should be abolished completely.

Actually, it really is a problem. Not with downranking itself, but for the ones that already downranked. Either transcended downrank to 0 to team up with VERY high ranks, and thier average is around like 700-900. Also, level 1's downrank to team up with legends, thus doing 2 things at once, raising the chance to get magus's, and allowing his team to get MASSIVE tickets when winning, and losing like 1-10. (In 1v1, if you have a high rank, you are put with higher level, lower rank, if they cant find a match, so like an average of rank 500 team, vs an average 800 team, there is a greater chance that will happen). Heck, I have seen a level 7, and a level 15 against a TRANSCENDED, and they lost like 30 points from it....

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
malt22 wrote:
what if one player was cheated of an honest win due to this time limit?

I don't think you read my post accurately. I'm proposing a 10 turn minimum, not maximum.
Oh, I did misread, sorry.