Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm Power Has Found Its Way to Fire and Ice

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
You know all of those balancing techniques, like, "Ice has high defense and low damage," and, "Fire has medium damage, medium defense, and lower than average accuracy."?

Well, because every elemental monster either runs hardcore Storm spells for 1000s of damage or some messed up variant that happens to match the color of the user (Firezilla & Icezilla, really?), every mob can deal massive damage to players.

I don't know in the name of Pete happened after I left. Apparently after the level hard cap was raised from 50, KI just went crazy nuts with giving the monsters crazy power? I'm seeing monsters start with a power pip and bosses start with two, and every elemental class has tricked out storm or storm-hybrid spells.

I'm tired of being absolutely destroyed because I can't do ANYTHING in quests without three other people around. Yes, it's really tough to find three other people at a time.

On average, these monsters are more powerful than Wizards too. I'm struggling to breathe in a Grizzleheim with Ice monsters running Ice Kraken and Icezilla on top of Tower Shield. Do you have any idea how unbreakable that is? These monsters have 1500+ health as well, and I have to fight two of them while they're throwing Storm-class damage at me?

How is this game even fun anymore when anything beyond Dragonspyre has a 70% chance of TOTALLY STOMPING YOU?

What am I supposed to do? Really, what is there to do? :x

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Unfortunately some where around mid Mooshu the game does start to get a little more mind bending for some - me for one. It's where you have to start forming your wizard into a mean lean fighting machine or for get about it.

You have to start considering the best gear for your play style, no matter how homely it looks, giving you a balance of health, pips, mana, damage and so on. I visit the Bazaar every 5 levels to make sure my wizard has the best gear all the way down to the amulet they carry. You must work with your spells to form a deck that does not carry any excessive spells that you don't need/use any more, paring it down to only carrying maybe 20 spells in your deck so you have a better chance of the ones you need coming up before you are defeated. Having a pet with Spritely was my bonus because mid Mooshu I got the bundle card with the fierce hound, she has been my main pet for all my wizards until they get a pet with Spritely.

I do all quests and side quests though the end of Dragonsprye and am around level 50 for the Malistaire fight, I have finished Crab Alley, Wysteria and Grizzlehiem and have entered Wintertusk, this puts me around level 52 to enter Celestia, a rude awakening for sure.

I get the extra blade from Niles in Krock Land, I get the stun block spell from Diego on Unicorn Way in Wizard City. I start the Sun spells that boost my school spells as soon as I get to Celestial. I am glad I don't have to get the bow and arrow ones for the boost spells. I train no secondary spells that don't enhance my normal school spells, I end up with all my training points but a few. I craft at least the helmet for all my wizards from Wintertusk, I currently have been also crafting the robes since I am not sure when I will get Waterworks in, if ever. So far I have taken a Life, Death and Storm wizard to Zafaria and currently just entered there with my Myth who is a one hit wonder beefing it up this way. The frog spell I got so early turned out to be able to take a mob down in one hit with the proper blades. In the end the game becomes more about planning then playing.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Diamondragan wrote:
You know all of those balancing techniques, like, "Ice has high defense and low damage," and, "Fire has medium damage, medium defense, and lower than average accuracy."?

Well, because every elemental monster either runs hardcore Storm spells for 1000s of damage or some messed up variant that happens to match the color of the user (Firezilla & Icezilla, really?), every mob can deal massive damage to players.

I don't know in the name of Pete happened after I left. Apparently after the level hard cap was raised from 50, KI just went crazy nuts with giving the monsters crazy power? I'm seeing monsters start with a power pip and bosses start with two, and every elemental class has tricked out storm or storm-hybrid spells.

I'm tired of being absolutely destroyed because I can't do ANYTHING in quests without three other people around. Yes, it's really tough to find three other people at a time.

On average, these monsters are more powerful than Wizards too. I'm struggling to breathe in a Grizzleheim with Ice monsters running Ice Kraken and Icezilla on top of Tower Shield. Do you have any idea how unbreakable that is? These monsters have 1500+ health as well, and I have to fight two of them while they're throwing Storm-class damage at me?

How is this game even fun anymore when anything beyond Dragonspyre has a 70% chance of TOTALLY STOMPING YOU?

Yeah, who would ever want a challenge or to actually think? I totally agree, this should be the easiest game in the world. All Mobs should stay at 1 regular pip and maybe Bosses have a chance at 1 power pip. This game should remain so easy that any 2 year old can play it. There should never be any challenges what-so-ever.

We should not have to shield, or blade, or even heal, We shouldn't have to have any kind of strategy, we should be able to just walk our way through this game. We should have all our spells be so powerful, that mobs just fall over with a single cast. They should not be able to shield, or have powerful attacks.

Yeah, these are the things that we need to make this game so boring that it makes it fun?

If you don't know, I am being sarcastic!!! KI is doing a great job with this game.

If you are having problems, get better gear, get a better pet, learn to shield, find a strategy, do what you need, but complaining to get your way?

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Good lord, I know exactly how you feel.

I have been complaining about it for YEARS, and I doubt anything will change it now.

In Celestia, when moving in from Dragonspyre, @#$! will hit your wizard in the face, with Ice mobs having 3000 health and spamming Ice Kraken and Icezilla. I am surprised mobs don[t cast Ice Triton or Ice Leviathan. Same thing for Fire mobs too. I have seen Life mobs cast Life colossus. Boggles my mind really. At least have some originality.

To me, those transmute spells are a cheap cop out for difficulty level. Yes, afer getting the ultimate equipment, anyone will turn around and say "oh pff, that world is so easy." But no one has an easy time in Celestia, starting it out from Dragonspyre. No one.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Shiningfantasia wrote:

I have been complaining about it for YEARS, and I doubt anything will change it now.

In Celestia, when moving in from Dragonspyre, @#$! will hit your wizard in the face, with Ice mobs having 3000 health and spamming Ice Kraken and Icezilla. I am surprised mobs don[t cast Ice Triton or Ice Leviathan. Same thing for Fire mobs too. I have seen Life mobs cast Life colossus. Boggles my mind really. At least have some originality.

To me, those transmute spells are a cheap cop out for difficulty level. Yes, afer getting the ultimate equipment, anyone will turn around and say "oh pff, that world is so easy." But no one has an easy time in Celestia, starting it out from Dragonspyre. No one.

Speak for yourself young wizard. Not everyone has a hard time, in fact, I am sure, especially with all the Transcended wizards out there, that most don't.

If you don't know how to shield, blade, heal, or use your utility spells, or how resistance works, yes, you will have a hard time. My suggestion to anyone that is having a hard time, to learn how to utilize your spells.

Learn how shields work, learn how blades increase damage, learn how converts work, etc.

Celstia was seriously given a major down grade to make it even easier. It is amazing how much it was down graded already. To have people still complain, really makes me wonder, if chutes and ladders might be too tough of a game. Not sure, but everyone is given what is needed to complete these worlds, without help, or spending crowns on henchmen. It is up to each individual to learn how.

Personally, I think everything was made too easy all the way up through Dragonspyre that when Mobs actually start with 2 pips, and those are possible power pips, that some were really lacking the knowledge to survive.

Survivor
May 16, 2010
The other post's comment about deck construction is very important, no real way to win when all you get are 15-30 blades of various types in a row while getting hit by Sturm spells painted ice or fire color every few rounds.

Others might have more helpful tips on Deck construction, here is my deck.

Normal times I run with 3 class blades, 1 minions, 1 heals, 4 each of Strong/Giant/Monstrous or higher types of Celestia spells, 4 Seraph/Centaur with 2 Centaur/Seraph attacks added, and one Tower shield, for a total of 16 for a Base.

I then can add 4 Volcanic shields if fighting Storm or Fire, or other shield types as needed. For bosses I drop a couple of the lower attacks and include a couple feints, and 1 or 2 Reshuffles.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Oh Darthjt, Darthjt, Darthjt.

I am sure that ANYONE that utilizes spell correctly and plays strategically sound enough can overcome anything.

But the good majority of us were not transcended, without waterworks or similiar equipment, and without the level 58 spells. Not that those spells would have really mattered. I am also very sure that the majority of us knew how to use shields, knew how to use blades, and converts, and knew how to heal.

You sound soooooo snooty!

And I think I knew how to utilize my blades, and traps, and heals, and this and that. I always equipped myself with health/defensive traits.

I fully knew how to fight mobs using mutate spells.

Yes, I complained about them anyway. I survive them just fine, but it is about the PRINCIPLE.

Generic mob has, lets say, about 2000 health. Storm mobs have about, lets say, 1800 health. Storm mobs cast Kraken and Lizard. Now those Ice mobs in that same area have, lets say, about 3500 health. They use Kraken and Lizard. Just as powerful. So, those mobs are suddenly a lot stronger than the other generic mobs in the same area.

Regardless. This is the point. Not about dying, not about suffering. Not about the 'challenge.' Since, you apparently like to be challenged. About the PRINCIPLE. Yes?

Btw, some people may take your 'personality' in a very negative way. Stop sounding so snooty. Or condescending. Seriously. Have some fun.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Shiningfantasia wrote:

Not going to say Shiningfantasia 3 times, it's too long.

I am sure that ANYONE that utilizes spell correctly and plays strategically sound enough can overcome anything.

Ya think? What would give you that idea?

But the good majority of us were not transcended, without waterworks or similiar equipment, and without the level 58 spells. Not that those spells would have really mattered. I am also very sure that the majority of us knew how to use shields, knew how to use blades, and converts, and knew how to heal.

This was back then, when Celestia first came out, yes, I agree, it was way more challenging then than it is now. Now it is a cake walk. The health of mobs have been severely lowed, the starting pips/powerpips that mobs start out with has been lowered.

You can even get good critical gear from wintertusk starting at level 50. We could not do any of this when Celestia was released.

Really? You can hear me? Woah, you need to teach me that trick!

And I think I knew how to utilize my blades, and traps, and heals, and this and that. I always equipped myself with health/defensive traits.

Sometimes the best defense is a good offense.

You knew? So you don't anymore?

Yes, I complained about them anyway. I survive them just fine, but it is about the PRINCIPLE.

I don't see what the Principle has to do with it. Most wanted more of a challenge, not the mindless dribble that was too easy. Especially after how much of a power increase there was after the release of Celestia, they had to make the mobs bigger, badder, and harder. We are not playing a zombie hack/slash game, we are wizards.

Generic mob has, lets say, about 2000 health. Storm mobs have about, lets say, 1800 health. Storm mobs cast Kraken and Lizard. Now those Ice mobs in that same area have, lets say, about 3500 health. They use Kraken and Lizard. Just as powerful. So, those mobs are suddenly a lot stronger than the other generic mobs in the same area.

Let's please not start exaggerations. Go back and see for yourself what starting mob health is in Celestia. Meaning now, not when it was released, especially considering this post was just started not very long ago.

Mob Health is almost half what you are claiming, maybe a bit more, but not much more. There is gear with resistance, criticals, and power. There are shields, enchantments, so many things to make Celestia a walk in the park, especially now compared to when it was first released.

Regardless. This is the point. Not about dying, not about suffering. Not about the 'challenge.' Since, you apparently like to be challenged. About the PRINCIPLE. Yes?

Again, what does the principle have to do with anything? Now, if Mobs got the same boosts as we do on the gear, that would be quite different. However, Mobs don't get boosts. The damage their spells do does not increase at all. It will do exactly what the card says, unless they have a blade or trap and then on top of that, you have to subtract any resistance or shields we have. Again, not everyone likes to play hack/slash zombie games that take no thought or effort.

Btw, some people may take your 'personality' in a very negative way. Stop sounding so snooty. Or condescending. Seriously. Have some fun.

I did not know that typing had a sound. What's funny to me is, the fact that I am having fun. Yes, I poke at some people sure, but I am usually pointing out facts. I do have fun here and like to get witty with my replies.

Am I condescending? Yes, at times I very well can be. However, I don't just do this to anyone for no reason. I stand for truth, justice, and the Wizarding way. If people can't take me personality, or "Hear" me as a snooty person, they need to look into themselves and figure out why they see things that way.

Survivor
Apr 10, 2010
this dudes right. i've even seen the hoarder boss for lvl 68 spells quest at around 6 power pips when it starts the battle

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
The point isn't that they're hard, it's that Ice mobs, which are supposed to have higher HP compensated by lower damage, just use transmuted spells, and all the elemental schools play the same way, but with different HP, which enormously takes away from the variety. Fully agree with OP, by the way.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2008
I solo for the most part so I never completed Waterworks. I was only able to get halfway through WW solo. I also didn't finish all of Zafaria, because the final battles cannot be done solo. However, you can solo everything else with "normal" gear. The key is that you have to switch your gear for every battle. I carry a full set of resistance gear for every school. You want to maximize your resistance for whatever you are fighting. With enough resistance, you don't need to bother with shields. You just blade and trap to increase your damage. If I have to fight against 2 different schools, I add in shields againt one school and wear resist gear for the other school.

I also wear a life mastery amulet and cast healing spells as needed. Use reshuffle and you can go on forever. It can be a battle of attrition, but you can defeat all of the bosses including the ones that cheat. Sometimes you have to load up on lots of blades and traps to one-shot a boss, but with enough resist and healing, you have time to do that.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Oh man, this will be FUN! Ok, lets go!

darthjt wrote:
Shiningfantasia wrote:

Not going to say Shiningfantasia 3 times, it's too long.

In reference to "you sound soooooo snooty" ... you actually say it?

Shiningfantasia wrote:

Ya think? What would give you that idea?

Yes, I most definitely think so. I got that idea from Pokemon season 1. I even memorized the opening credits.

Shiningfantasia wrote:

This was back then, when Celestia first came out, yes, I agree, it was way more challenging then than it is now. Now it is a cake walk. The health of mobs have been severely lowed, the starting pips/powerpips that mobs start out with has been lowered.

You can even get good critical gear from wintertusk starting at level 50. We could not do any of this when Celestia was released.

Obviously SOME people still think it is hard. Hmmmm... I must admit, back then, I was on Myth, the big shell shock for me was the ... powerful spells. It did not mesh with m playstyle. After I adapted and overcame this 'challenge' I was fine. But by no means will I say "oh, it is cake walk." Because I don't think it is.

Shiningfantasia wrote:

Really? You can hear me? Woah, you need to teach me that trick!

Easy. Ready? Turn your head and touch the monitor with your ear.

Shiningfantasia wrote:

Sometimes the best defense is a good offense.

I did have a comment for that, but after previewing it, decided it was not really 'witty' enough. So I'll leave it at that.

Shiningfantasia wrote:

You knew? So you don't anymore?

Nope. I forgot. I honestly don't know what happened with that. Whenever I fight a mob that uses a mutate spell, I black out and fall unconscious. Only to wake up later not knowing what happened.

Shiningfantasia wrote:

I don't see what the Principle has to do with it. Most wanted more of a challenge, not the mindless dribble that was too easy. Especially after how much of a power increase there was after the release of Celestia, they had to make the mobs bigger, badder, and harder. We are not playing a zombie hack/slash game, we are wizards.

Well, YOU can go play hardcore. The rest of us can enjoy a more casual experience.

Shiningfantasia wrote:

Let's please not start exaggerations. Go back and see for yourself what starting mob health is in Celestia. Meaning now, not when it was released, especially considering this post was just started not very long ago.

Mob Health is almost half what you are claiming, maybe a bit more, but not much more. There is gear with resistance, criticals, and power. There are shields, enchantments, so many things to make Celestia a walk in the park, especially now compared to when it was first released.

Well, ok, I admit, I don't remember exact health counts. But, if you would like to do so, you may proportionally scale it down. As much as you want.

Shiningfantasia wrote:

Again, what does the principle have to do with anything? Now, if Mobs got the same boosts as we do on the gear, that would be quite different. However, Mobs don't get boosts. The damage their spells do does not increase at all. It will do exactly what the card says, unless they have a blade or trap and then on top of that, you have to subtract any resistance or shields we have. Again, not everyone likes to play hack/slash zombie games that take no thought or effort.

Oh, I think Wizard101 takes quite a bit of thought and effort.

Shiningfantasia wrote:

I did not know that typing had a sound. What's funny to me is, the fact that I am having fun. Yes, I poke at some people sure, but I am usually pointing out facts. I do have fun here and like to get witty with my replies.

Am I condescending? Yes, at times I very well can be. However, I don't just do this to anyone for no reason. I stand for truth, justice, and the Wizarding way. If people can't take me personality, or "Hear" me as a snooty person, they need to look into themselves and figure out why they see things that way.

Hmmm. What were we talking about? Oh yea. I can take your personality. BRING IT buddy! You think you can dish it, but I'll take it and ... I don't know. I'll just LISTEN to it with my ear up against my monitor and come up with some witty replies of my own! :P You just go and point out YOUR facts. I go and point out MINE.

Ok, let me preview this hulla balloo of a post and see if my arts and crafts worked out the way I wanted it to.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I think what darthjt meant to say was that, for experienced gamers, this place is a walk in the park. But, let's face it- we can't all be as "hardcore" as our friend JT; for those of us who aren't, the journey to transcended status is long, tedious, and frustrating... and that doesn't even begin to scratch the surface.

I fully agree with the OP, and Shiningfantasia as well. Here's why:

My second wizard (a necromancer, named Val) is in Celestia right now- he's fresh out of Dragonspyre, and getting absolutely slaughtered by mobs who start with 3 power pips, spam mutated spells, and chain-stun like it's their job (thank Ambrose, for the person who told me about Stun Block!)... Until now, all we had to worry about was figuring out how many Unbalance cards we needed, to ward off the Weakness-spammers; at this point, it's not even fun anymore. And, while players like JT are happy to treat this game like a full-time job, the rest of us are quite content to relax and enjoy ourselves.That's what games are for, right?

L.S., transcended sorceress

-

(As for spamming mutates, the Spirit schools do it, too (though not as often). Recently, I've seen mobs cast Life versions of Banshee and Cyclops, a Myth Ghoul, and Death Ninja Pigs/Minotaur... and other wizards can probably add to this list.)

Survivor
Jun 27, 2010
Diamondragan wrote:

This is unusual, considering that K.I. should know not to do this because (1. The good guys ALWAYS win, (2. Too much difficulty makes it dull (3. This is a game, it should relieve stress instead of causing it

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Zoe12829 and Vonawesome1 said it exactly what I am trying to say. And what I am trying to defend for all of us that think the same way.

This game should be FUN. The element of challenge or breakneck competition can be left to other parts of the game, such as PvP, dungeons, and such things.

'Fun' to me translates into casual enjoyment. Heartracing duels and impossible challenges and cheats are not fun. Certainly not my type of fun. While some other people may define just that as fun. Which is fine.

But going back full circle, that is what those dungeons are designed for, and that is why PvP is out there. "Professional" gaming, considered hardcore by some people like me.

And going back to zombie/hack reference that was pointed out, the game up until Celestia was fun, because it did not murder anyone, but it still required some skill and effort to play in order to make it so much fun.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
vonawesome1 wrote:
I think what darthjt meant to say was that, for experienced gamers, this place is a walk in the park. But, let's face it- we can't all be as "hardcore" as our friend JT; for those of us who aren't, the journey to transcended status is long, tedious, and frustrating... and that doesn't even begin to scratch the surface.

My second wizard (a necromancer, named Val) is in Celestia right now- he's fresh out of Dragonspyre, and getting absolutely slaughtered by mobs who start with 3 power pips, spam mutated spells, and chain-stun like it's their job (thank Ambrose, for the person who told me about Stun Block!)... Until now, all we had to worry about was figuring out how many Unbalance cards we needed, to ward off the Weakness-spammers; at this point, it's not even fun anymore. And, while players like JT are happy to treat this game like a full-time job, the rest of us are quite content to relax and enjoy ourselves.That's what games are for, right?

-

(As for spamming mutates, the Spirit schools do it, too (though not as often). Recently, I've seen mobs cast Life versions of Banshee and Cyclops, a Myth Ghoul, and Death Ninja Pigs/Minotaur... and other wizards can probably add to this list.)

I am sorry, but I dont see how people can think that single pip Mobs and the most dangerous attacks are storm shark and maybe a Kraken every so often is challenging, especially after you pass level 50. I can't see why anyone would want to continue that trend, where most mobs cast storm snake or fire elf. Sorry, but that is too much of a zombie hack/slash type game with no thought, no challenge.

Before Celestia, the Ravens were the biggest challenge, before there was critical and healing pets, before the awesome gear boosts, resistances, and enchantments. Now, we get all this new and powerful stuff, but you want to keep with the mindless droning of Dragonspyre type mobs?

You don't even have to be a hardcore player to realize that these worlds have been made a walk in the park. I am sorry, but if people are having a hard time after these worlds have been nerfed as much as they have been, something is wrong with the player and the strategy of that player. This game has been made way too easy as it is, to complain that it is still too difficult, means, you are doing something wrong.

Imagine if the Mobs had our boosts and their pips. If the Mobs had universal resistance and all of our attacks. That would be difficult. But mobs get no boosts. They get the damage that the attack card shows, unlike the players. Mobs also only resist same school. Unlike the players.

If KI nerfs these worlds any further, it will not be a family game anymore, it will be for ages 6 and under.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
darthjt wrote:
vonawesome1 wrote:

-

I am sorry, but I dont see how people can think that single pip Mobs and the most dangerous attacks are storm shark and maybe a Kraken every so often is challenging, especially after you pass level 50. I can't see why anyone would want to continue that trend, where most mobs cast storm snake or fire elf. Sorry, but that is too much of a zombie hack/slash type game with no thought, no challenge.

Before Celestia, the Ravens were the biggest challenge, before there was critical and healing pets, before the awesome gear boosts, resistances, and enchantments. Now, we get all this new and powerful stuff, but you want to keep with the mindless droning of Dragonspyre type mobs?

You don't even have to be a hardcore player to realize that these worlds have been made a walk in the park. I am sorry, but if people are having a hard time after these worlds have been nerfed as much as they have been, something is wrong with the player and the strategy of that player. This game has been made way too easy as it is, to complain that it is still too difficult, means, you are doing something wrong.

Imagine if the Mobs had our boosts and their pips. If the Mobs had universal resistance and all of our attacks. That would be difficult. But mobs get no boosts. They get the damage that the attack card shows, unlike the players. Mobs also only resist same school. Unlike the players.

If KI nerfs these worlds any further, it will not be a family game anymore, it will be for ages 6 and under.

Well, if it were that easy, then so many people that have issues with this are doing this wrong? Can't be. But, just because we have issues with this does not mean we don't reach transcended. Even our OP will reach transcended and end up being just fine. Still does not change the fact though, that it is and was unnecessarily AGGRAVATING.

That is I think the root of this. Aggravation. You can have a simple hello kitty game or a smurf game, or zombie hack/slash game as you call it, and it can still be aggravating as heck to play. Difficulty should not dictate aggravation levels.

And I fully agree with you there, single pip mobs spamming nothing but pre level 5 attacks would make it all too easy. But if you have Ice mobs with increased amounts of health, keep them restricted to Ice attacks, not storm attacks. Yes yes, you don't have to tell me, Icezilla and Ice Kraken are Ice attacks, I know. But they are storm attacks in terms of power.

If KI is going to distinguish Ice classes with having weaker attacks with higher health, they should have the higher health Ice mobs casting their Ice spells with power of Ice, not mutates that hit with the power of Storm.

I was thinking of this whole single pip mob thing actually, when I replied to a post to "whether this game has gotten better or worse." I honestly think that normal PvE gameplay should be casual and kept at an 'enjoyable difficulty' while the PvE dungeon gameplay can retain the 5 power pip mobs with critical and block, etc.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Shiningfantasia wrote:
darthjt wrote:
vonawesome1 wrote:

-

Well, if it were that easy, then so many people that have issues with this are doing this wrong? Can't be. But, just because we have issues with this does not mean we don't reach transcended. Even our OP will reach transcended and end up being just fine. Still does not change the fact though, that it is and was unnecessarily AGGRAVATING.

That is I think the root of this. Aggravation. You can have a simple hello kitty game or a smurf game, or zombie hack/slash game as you call it, and it can still be aggravating as heck to play. Difficulty should not dictate aggravation levels.

And I fully agree with you there, single pip mobs spamming nothing but pre level 5 attacks would make it all too easy. But if you have Ice mobs with increased amounts of health, keep them restricted to Ice attacks, not storm attacks. Yes yes, you don't have to tell me, Icezilla and Ice Kraken are Ice attacks, I know. But they are storm attacks in terms of power.

If KI is going to distinguish Ice classes with having weaker attacks with higher health, they should have the higher health Ice mobs casting their Ice spells with power of Ice, not mutates that hit with the power of Storm.

I was thinking of this whole single pip mob thing actually, when I replied to a post to "whether this game has gotten better or worse." I honestly think that normal PvE gameplay should be casual and kept at an 'enjoyable difficulty' while the PvE dungeon gameplay can retain the 5 power pip mobs with critical and block, etc.

Now, if Mobs had the boosts our wizards have, 40 Ice boost and the resistance we have 40 universal resistance, and the health, I could understand. However, everyone now, all schools, can have 20-50% universal resistance. Everyone can have at least 40% damage boost. Everyone has over 2000 health. Do the math.

I am sorry, but, in every game, even Pac-Man, as you increase in levels, the game gets harder. The ghosts move faster, the power pellets don't last as long. You seem to want the ghost to move slow through the entire game, add more power pellets and make them last longer. How is this fun and challenging? It's not, it would make the game dull, boring, and make everyone lose interest.

A couple of attacks, that may gain slight power, but have no initial boost, nor do go through resistance, I don't see a problem here. Only a few people want to complain, why? Because people are lazy. They don't want to learn how to enchant spells, or learn to shield, or learn to heal themselves, or even learn to blade. It is a progression of the game, if you can't do it, you should have a hard time getting to Transcended.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
Well, you make it sound like you want the game to be really easy. But, if it was like that then where's the challenge of it.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
level up from side quests or let friends help. This game is not a specialty for playing solo

Survivor
Mar 27, 2011
First, I'd just like to say how much I enjoy darthjt, Shiningfantasia, and sometimes Lion359 (a.k.a. Joe) babble on about certain topics. I say that with complete honesty and a straight face, as its the only thing I look forward to (in terms of this game) as I am already transcended and done with the game...for now.
Now for my two cents worth. Unfortunately, I wont be able to come up with all your witty comments, the likes of which I have never seen before. However, I WOULD like to say that none of this matters, whatsoever. Now darthjt, before you burn this theory down, please allow me to explain, which is what you dont allow Shiningfantasia to do. I say this because it has no effect and no consequence on either of you, or anyone else for that matter. That is fact plain and simple, because that is how the game is meant to be played and it is also the way life is (unfair). As for the other people, they will simply need to learn how to adapt, just as we humans have done for thousands of years, If not, they can type "list of MMORPG's" into Google, click one, and begin playing. I hate to sound cold and rude, but there are too many of us, including me, who thinks the game is just fine as it is. Therefore, KI would have no reason to change anything, and will not change it. In fact, what does it matter if Ice has Storm power in PvE. We all fight them, and, this was aformentioned (look it up if you don't know what that means), we all have a fair amount of Universal Resistance, so none of us are handicapped.
Any replies are always well received-
Transcended Sorcerer (Working on the Perfect Pet)

Armiger
May 10, 2010
wizkhalifa18 wrote:
First, I'd just like to say how much I enjoy darthjt, Shiningfantasia, and sometimes Lion359 (a.k.a. Joe) babble on about certain topics. I say that with complete honesty and a straight face, as its the only thing I look forward to (in terms of this game) as I am already transcended and done with the game...for now.
Now for my two cents worth. Unfortunately, I wont be able to come up with all your witty comments, the likes of which I have never seen before. However, I WOULD like to say that none of this matters, whatsoever. Now darthjt, before you burn this theory down, please allow me to explain, which is what you dont allow Shiningfantasia to do. I say this because it has no effect and no consequence on either of you, or anyone else for that matter. That is fact plain and simple, because that is how the game is meant to be played and it is also the way life is (unfair). As for the other people, they will simply need to learn how to adapt, just as we humans have done for thousands of years, If not, they can type "list of MMORPG's" into Google, click one, and begin playing. I hate to sound cold and rude, but there are too many of us, including me, who thinks the game is just fine as it is. Therefore, KI would have no reason to change anything, and will not change it. In fact, what does it matter if Ice has Storm power in PvE. We all fight them, and, this was aformentioned (look it up if you don't know what that means), we all have a fair amount of Universal Resistance, so none of us are handicapped.
Any replies are always well received-
Transcended Sorcerer (Working on the Perfect Pet)

Why would I burn that theory down? Why would I say anything against this post? It is well thought out and I see nothing wrong with it. I agree, quite frankly, some people just need to learn to adapt. Things get harder the further you get. It's what keeps and makes this game fun. It grows with you. It is a progression of age, wisdom, and ability. I like what you said.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Ok, there is a new thought that you guys inpired me to come up with.

Just like in Pac Man, and nearly 99% of all games, things get harder as you progress.

But, lets look at Wizard101. At what point will that increase in difficulty stop? What is next? 6 power pips for regular mobs and the maximum of 7 power pips for bosses? Even higher critical %'age? ICE mobs casting Storm or Fire Leviathan? (This is just an exaggeration now of this Celestia topic, but you guys get the idea.)

So, you cannot really apply the Pac Man level progression to MMO progression, while keeping the MMO kid based, and casual family oriented.

I do like what you said Wizkhalifa18. That is exactly right. We can all post our opinions and thoughts. But in the end, it really does not matter unless KI decides to do things on their end.

Watsupdog111 said "This is not a specialty solo game."

Well, I thought it was? In that case, I guess I completely misunderstood what Wizard101 is all about. I actually still think you can perfectly solo all the way through the game, except maybe hard bosses, and certain dungeons. But so far, I have always found random people to help me with those situations. Even if I never had friends online at that moment.

Here is the thing. I may have mentioned that earlier in one way or another. Why make things AGGRAVATING and FRUSTRATING? You can have a challenge, but being challenged and being aggravated and frustrated are completely different things.

Either way. I completely feel with the OP and the others going through Celestia (District of the Stars) for the first time. Gameplay is going to test them. Those that don't ever have a problem with it have it down pat. Those that do will have to change things up a bit and 'adapt' like we all like to say. But that jump in difficulty that forces them to do so will leave them frustrated, a little ticked, which promptly leads them to post their opinions and thoughts about this on here.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Shiningfantasia wrote:
Ok, there is a new thought that you guys inpired me to come up with.

Just like in Pac Man, and nearly 99% of all games, things get harder as you progress.

But, lets look at Wizard101. At what point will that increase in difficulty stop? What is next? 6 power pips for regular mobs and the maximum of 7 power pips for bosses? Even higher critical %'age? ICE mobs casting Storm or Fire Leviathan? (This is just an exaggeration now of this Celestia topic, but you guys get the idea.)

So, you cannot really apply the Pac Man level progression to MMO progression, while keeping the MMO kid based, and casual family oriented.

Sure you can, but not when you are going to exaggerate it as much as you are. Although, Avalon is getting close to what you are describing.

I do like what you said Wizkhalifa18. That is exactly right. We can all post our opinions and thoughts. But in the end, it really does not matter unless KI decides to do things on their end.

Yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However, Celestia has been downgraded enough. I can understand what has been done, but to still complain it is too hard and about Ice having mutated cards? Sorry, but that really makes me wonder, what would be easy enough? Maybe a game of go fish? Or would that be too difficult too?

Watsupdog111 said "This is not a specialty solo game."

Well, I thought it was? In that case, I guess I completely misunderstood what Wizard101 is all about. I actually still think you can perfectly solo all the way through the game, except maybe hard bosses, and certain dungeons. But so far, I have always found random people to help me with those situations. Even if I never had friends online at that moment.

You thought this was a solo game? Do you not understand the concept of MMORPG? Multiplayer gaming? It's what the game is all about.

Here is the thing. I may have mentioned that earlier in one way or another. Why make things AGGRAVATING and FRUSTRATING? You can have a challenge, but being challenged and being aggravated and frustrated are completely different things.

Get some friends, play together, quest together, have a good time. When you play alone, of course it can be aggravating and frustrating, even the easy parts, when you have to battle the same mobs 40 zillion times to get a drop, but that does not mean the game is too difficult or too hard. Some people don't walk to just walk through the entire game and have everything too easy.

Either way. I completely feel with the OP and the others going through Celestia (District of the Stars) for the first time. Gameplay is going to test them. Those that don't ever have a problem with it have it down pat. Those that do will have to change things up a bit and 'adapt' like we all like to say. But that jump in difficulty that forces them to do so will leave them frustrated, a little ticked, which promptly leads them to post their opinions and thoughts about this on here.

Yet, some of us are allowed to disagree and state our opinions too. Sorry, but getting hit with storm snakes and fire elf the entire game, is not my idea of fun nor challenging. KI would lose more players if they did not have these spells and some challenges in the game, than if they listened to the complainers crying that the mutation spells for mobs are way too powerful.

Explorer
Apr 30, 2010
Shiningfantasia wrote:

Well hate to tell ya but i was in my boss Nilbog and he used 2 ICE LEVY AND 3 ICE TRITON!

i had to hire 3 fire lvl 70 henchmen to save me while i try to heal

it took 2 hours to beat and wow was it hard even with the henchmen

to lead the way through the shadows, you must become quicker faster and more silent then them, even through darkness and fear