Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Chines New Year Events

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 12, 2009
This is for the game designers and all @ K.I

Adding new worlds quickly doesn't change the fact that people will whine about being bored. On day two of Celestia's opening, there were players saying that. They were bored with Wysteria, Wintertusk, and now Zafaria quickly also. Most players are kids and it is what it is when it comes to boredom factors when it comes to them. With the introduction of each new world, first few days are log jammed but as the days pass, worlds are virtually abandoned. Celestia is now a hot spot because you can't enter Zafaria unless it's completed. Give players a reason to complete worlds as on traditional video games as well as other successful RPGs and that'll keep a lot of them playing and interested . Truth is you can't please everyone all the time and there are those who wont find the game interesting no matter what you add. If Wizard101 is to remain online with a high account retention, then major changes(the addition of New Worlds) should be implemented slowly.

Since I've been playing what I've noticed is what's very popular is: Holding events for exclusive items. It's a sure fire way to keep the game interesting for most. Who doesn't love rewards or crown shop items? Adding them as drops was a terrific idea. Being that this is the Year of the Dragon, why not play upon that theme and hold a related major event?

Idea for Year of Dragon event:

"Slay the Dragon"
For paid members: Create a special venue or use existing ones that aren't being used in different worlds. Defeat dragons floor by floor in towers beginning with an easy foe and ending with a dragon that has over 20K in hp and has the ability to use high ranking spells from all schools. It's a dragon so, it'll use the spell Fire Dragon a lot but in fairness to fire wizards, it's not resistent to any schools. Defeat the powerful beast and win an exclusive item, in honor of the year of the dragon, like a multiple player fire dragon mount. Items can't be bought in crown shop or be available as a drop. The only people who will own it are the ones who actually defeated the dragon. It's also non-transferable. A win on each floor grants the player(s) an exclusive item of lesser value. The more wins in the tower, the more rewards and the higher the reward value of the exclusive items. Give items like: Highly resistant to all schools limited edition Dragon Armor, a pet egg that contains a baby dragon replica of the boss, exclusive Dragon housing items that are far different than anything on game. For free players an for paid accounts: A chance to win Dragon Hoard Packs. All player receive a special badge upon quest completion. You could also throw in a few exclusive gardening items also to make wizards with green thumbs happy and gold.

Being that this is the Year of the Dragon and of potential good fortune: Grant a limited number of random accounts a year's membership or free crowns.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2011
Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Dragonsflame3000 wrote:
"Slay the Dragon"
For paid members: Create a special venue or use existing ones that aren't being used in different worlds. Defeat dragons floor by floor in towers beginning with an easy foe and ending with a dragon that has over 20K in hp and has the ability to use high ranking spells from all schools. It's a dragon so, it'll use the spell Fire Dragon a lot but in fairness to fire wizards, it's not resistent to any schools. Defeat the powerful beast and win an exclusive item, in honor of the year of the dragon, like a multiple player fire dragon mount. Items can't be bought in crown shop or be available as a drop. The only people who will own it are the ones who actually defeated the dragon. It's also non-transferable. A win on each floor grants the player(s) an exclusive item of lesser value. The more wins in the tower, the more rewards and the higher the reward value of the exclusive items. Give items like: Highly resistant to all schools limited edition Dragon Armor, a pet egg that contains a baby dragon replica of the boss, exclusive Dragon housing items that are far different than anything on game. For free players an for paid accounts: A chance to win Dragon Hoard Packs. All player receive a special badge upon quest completion. You could also throw in a few exclusive gardening items also to make wizards with green thumbs happy and gold.

Being that this is the Year of the Dragon and of potential good fortune: Grant a limited number of random accounts a year's membership or free crowns.

3 things I mainly want to adress :P

1. For paid members, is this a solo dungeon? What would the drop be? Would there be megas? How many floors would there be? I do like the idea though ^-^

2. For the free paid accounts: Dragon hoard packs? I might want to end my subscription, I hope members can also get this quest! :P Seems nice :] I like it

3. Free years membership and crowns? No... That is just to far... sorry..

Survivor
May 12, 2009
Ronster55 wrote:
Dragonsflame3000 wrote:
"Slay the Dragon"

1. For paid members, is this a solo dungeon? What would the drop be? Would there be megas? How many floors would there be? I do like the idea though ^-^

2. For the free paid accounts: Dragon hoard packs? I might want to end my subscription, I hope members can also get this quest! :P Seems nice :] I like it

1. The point of my thread isn't to argue with you or anyone else. There's plenty of threads on forum for that. I'm attempting to be positive and come up with some "new" game ideas that are fresh. Can you or have you contributed any? Easy to knock someone else's ideas when you have none.

2. To cancel your membership to get a pack of cards that are relatively inexpensive is a bit extreme and dramatic. Why not let Free accounts have something. If you play other online games that are highly successful and don't upgrade as often as Wizard101, you'd understand that customer satisfaction is what keeps players logging in and giving free players inexpensive items is a way to say, "We appreciate you though right now you can't afford to pay to play!" Look at the big picture, those free accounts might become paid. I started this account when Wizards gave away free crowns and I've been a member ever since.

3. The ideas are just that "ideas" and the details would be fine tuned by K.I. Which is why this thread was addressed to them.

4. If you're to post here, contribute and stop being so negative. That's not constructive to anyone.

Survivor
May 24, 2010
Dragonsflame3000 wrote:
This is for the game designers and all @ K.I

Adding new worlds quickly doesn't change the fact that people will whine about being bored. On day two of Celestia's opening, there were players saying that. They were bored with Wysteria, Wintertusk, and now Zafaria quickly also. Most players are kids and it is what it is when it comes to boredom factors when it comes to them. With the introduction of each new world, first few days are log jammed but as the days pass, worlds are virtually abandoned. Celestia is now a hot spot because you can't enter Zafaria unless it's completed. Give players a reason to complete worlds as on traditional video games as well as other successful RPGs and that'll keep a lot of them playing and interested . Truth is you can't please everyone all the time and there are those who wont find the game interesting no matter what you add. If Wizard101 is to remain online with a high account retention, then major changes(the addition of New Worlds) should be implemented slowly.

Since I've been playing what I've noticed is what's very popular is: Holding events for exclusive items. It's a sure fire way to keep the game interesting for most. Who doesn't love rewards or crown shop items? Adding them as drops was a terrific idea. Being that this is the Year of the Dragon, why not play upon that theme and hold a related major event?

Idea for Year of Dragon event:

"Slay the Dragon"

You're a very creative person and I applaud this thread my fellow wizard!

Survivor
May 24, 2010
Ronster55 wrote:
Dragonsflame3000 wrote:
"Slay the Dragon"

What's with the bad vibe I'm getting from your response. Laying this out in plain English so maybe you get it. It's a sign of good will and shows caring on the part of Kings Isle in this global bad economy. Can you not think of anyone of your friends who might like a year's membership and can't afford one or perhaps get one for yourself? Would it bankrupt this company to give a few freebies like memberships, crowns, and card packs? Answer's a resounding No!

Survivor
Jul 31, 2011
Ronster55 wrote:
Dragonsflame3000 wrote:
"Slay the Dragon"

Downside of playing this game is people making it their business when someone gets gifted. I got the Sultan's Palace for two of my wizards and I had paid players mad at me because they don't have it. When I ride my new Rhino mount on game I get paid players saying it looks stupid or for babies. They're only saying it cause they're jealous cause they don't have one. Same thing happened when I got a Massive Castle. The game would be a better place if people would learn to be happy for one another and not become haters when you get nice items. I love my Rhino, Gryphon, and Magic Carpets. For babies or not, I'm keeping my mounts and houses.

I've got my own suggestion also. How's about complete free access to all worlds for a few days. Give them a taste of what they could have and they want more. Not all will sub but there'll be players who will who're are undecided. I play other MMORPGs including one that's been 2-D since day one years ago. Soon they'll be releasing a 3-D version and I'm looking forward to it. They give free stuff and exclusive items to members and freebies to free players. They hold mega give away events on every holiday and sometimes just for the heck of it. A lot of my friends have left Wizard101 and are now regulars on that game when they were regulars on this one for a long time. My lists were full but now I've got very few friends left who play anymore and the same holds true for a lot of people. People are saying that K.I's only interested in making money that's one of the reasons players like most of my friends went elsewhere. They left for other reasons like they got bored with the game and players who can't mind their own business when you're minding yours. Then there's players who like to cause drama or cause arguments or yack way too dang much when you're trying to quest. I'm trying to find a good reason to stay on game now that most of my friends are gone. Ideas like "Chinese New Year" events might keep me and bring my friends back. Better than awesome if the game gives rewards that say we appreciate your loyalty. Nothing wrong in giving Dragon Hoard packs or gold to free players and nobody would cancel accounts if K.I did not even you.

New worlds are being added too fast and players are getting frustrated because they can't' keep up and some of my friends have quit playing. for that reason. Some parents are strict and limit net and computer time. Some players want to be a part of the game and not feel like they're being left behind because they're still working on being a Grand and they've got Transcends and Epics on their list. My one friend said it's like failing at school and being left behind. Day after that he quit and hasn't logged on again. Want players to keep logging in change the add new worlds at fast speed to adding new and awesome events like the ones suggested here. We know that paid players are leaving game now lets give them a reason to come back and stay.

Survivor
May 24, 2010
People get bored easy and they want something new but not new worlds all the time. New events that you don't have to spend crowns on works for me. I'd like to have some exclusive and limited edition items and some different furniture items. My houses are full of the old stuff except for my new Zafaria bundle house. New themed furniture for that would be good. That house belongs to my low points wizards. I'm finally get to level him up this summer. The only time I get to play for more than an hour per day is during the summer and sometimes during winter and spring breaks from school. I've got some trans thanks to my mom playing for me and some epics because I got to play catch up last summer. My last wizard's still very low because I didn't have time to play that much. Wish the game would slow down and not add new worlds at lightning speed unless it's summer and we all have time to play the game. I feel like I'm being left behind when I log on and can't play in new worlds when they're released. Wizard101 is supposed to be a school but who wants to play if they feel like they're failing class and getting left behind? My mom doesn't buy me everything I want or ask for because she says when you give children too much, they don't appreciate what they have and take things for granted. My mom's right! Adding new worlds fast is like giving kids too many toys or stuff. After novelty wears off, they no longer care about them and they don't get used. When new worlds are added people don't appreciate them and they complain all the time. They should be happy they have access unlike players who don't have subscriptions. They log on day after day and keep saying they're bored. If I were bored I'd stop playing. I love playing when I can but want worlds to be added during summer so we all can play them for more than an hour. This Chinese New Year Event is a very good idea.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Although I like the idea, why have different towers for members/non-members? It's essentially a specialty dungeon. Everyone should have access and be able to participate. I do like the fact that you have prizes for each level, since a lot of us play solo and would probably not defeat the 'top' dragon.

Survivor
May 12, 2009
Jeremywhite wrote:
People get bored easy and they want something new but not new worlds all the time. New events that you don't have to spend crowns on works for me. I'd like to have some exclusive and limited edition items and some different furniture items. My houses are full of the old stuff except for my new Zafaria bundle house. New themed furniture for that would be good. That house belongs to my low points wizards. I'm finally get to level him up this summer. The only time I get to play for more than an hour per day is during the summer and sometimes during winter and spring breaks from school. I've got some trans thanks to my mom playing for me and some epics because I got to play catch up last summer. My last wizard's still very low because I didn't have time to play that much. Wish the game would slow down and not add new worlds at lightning speed unless it's summer and we all have time to play the game. I feel like I'm being left behind when I log on and can't play in new worlds when they're released. Wizard101 is supposed to be a school but who wants to play if they feel like they're failing class and getting left behind? My mom doesn't buy me everything I want or ask for because she says when you give children too much, they don't appreciate what they have and take things for granted. My mom's right! Adding new worlds fast is like giving kids too many toys or stuff. After novelty wears off, they no longer care about them and they don't get used. When new worlds are added people don't appreciate them and they complain all the time. They should be happy they have access unlike players who don't have subscriptions. They log on day after day and keep saying they're bored. If I were bored I'd stop playing. I love playing when I can but want worlds to be added during summer so we all can play them for more than an hour. This Chinese New Year Event is a very good idea.

I see your point. It's kinda like irl and when kids fall behind in studies or get held back. Frustration sets and they sometimes lose interest or drop out of school. You're not alone in your view. Adding new worlds during summer months = Excellent idea. Putting the slow down on raising levels is also an excellent idea. Which is why I believe that adding great events that are free and open to all to some degree would bring interest in the game to a higher level and bring back some players who've moved on to other sites and games.