Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvE chain-stunning in CS.

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I'm in Celestia, and my grandmaster necro is getting absolutely slaughtered. He's having particular trouble with rank 10 elite Ice bosses, who chain-stun like it's their job- I'm lucky if I get to cast a spell at all, before getting defeated. Translation: Vampy isn't leveling, which is making me wonder if he'll be stuck at level 50 forever- am I too low-level for that area (I'm in the grotto, by the way)?

I've already been through this instance with another wizard (my sorcerer, who is now level 70)- she was level 52 by the time she beat Malistaire and headed off to CL, and I never had any of these problems with her. Is this stun-spamming part of a recent update, or is poor Vampy just tragically-unlucky?

(PS: Is there a stun-block treasure card, or is that a Myth/Storm/Ice-only spell?)

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
vonawesome1 wrote:
I'm in Celestia, and my grandmaster necro is getting absolutely slaughtered. He's having particular trouble with rank 10 elite Ice bosses, who chain-stun like it's their job- I'm lucky if I get to cast a spell at all, before getting defeated. Translation: Vampy isn't leveling, which is making me wonder if he'll be stuck at level 50 forever- am I too low-level for that area (I'm in the grotto, by the way)?

I've already been through this instance with another wizard (my sorcerer, who is now level 70)- she was level 52 by the time she beat Malistaire and headed off to CL, and I never had any of these problems with her. Is this stun-spamming part of a recent update, or is poor Vampy just tragically-unlucky?

(PS: Is there a stun-block treasure card, or is that a Myth/Storm/Ice-only spell?)

Head back to Wizard City, go to Unicorn Way and visit Diego - he has a very handy Stun Block spell you add to your deck permanently and you will be good to go. I put one in my deck and carry it at all times to help ward off this stunning since it does seem all ice monsters use it in Wintertusk and Celestia.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
brwac wrote:
vonawesome1 wrote:

Head back to Wizard City, go to Unicorn Way and visit Diego - he has a very handy Stun Block spell you add to your deck permanently and you will be good to go. I put one in my deck and carry it at all times to help ward off this stunning since it does seem all ice monsters use it in Wintertusk and Celestia.

Doing that now- thank you so much!