Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death should have more global spells.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 14, 2011
No offense to Kingsisle Entertainment, but i think that Death is getting cheated on. Death has only one global spell, Scarecrow. Scarecrow is a great spell, but we can't put enough in our deck to last some battles. Other players, including me, have said the same thing. SO PLEASE, LET DEATH HAVE MORE GLOBAL SPELLS! XD TY :-)

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
As your wizard gets stronger Scare Crow will be able to have more damage added to it with gear, the Sun Spells, which you can start to get in Celestia, also help boost it nicely. Get the blades, I have the one from Niles in Krock Land, a 0 pip Balance blade amulet and the blade from the helmet crafted in Wintertusk. In short my Death wizard did very well with this spell though the end of the game.

Going from Death to Myth I was more concerned about the Frog I got very early lasting me though the game but that all worked out well also, add the blades and a critical now and then and he is a one hit kill wonder also.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
And your reasoning for this is...? Life only has one AoE, so it's not like you're alone in this.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
andsheets11 wrote:
No offense to Kingsisle Entertainment, but i think that Death is getting cheated on. Death has only one global spell, Scarecrow. Scarecrow is a great spell, but we can't put enough in our deck to last some battles. Other players, including me, have said the same thing. SO PLEASE, LET DEATH HAVE MORE GLOBAL SPELLS! XD TY :-)

Actually, the higher your level, the more spells you can carry.
What you might want to do, is buy some Monstrous for low level characters, or some Gargantuan for level 58 and above and make some enchanted treasure card versions of Scarecrow. That way, you can hold as many as your side deck can hold.

There are so many ways to solve your complaint and you can do them, on your own. However, there is always room for more spells, so either come up with ideas and post them in the Dorm, or comment on other peoples Ideas. If KI sees enough people that like specific ideas that are posted on, they might incorperate them into the game.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
Transcended Necro here... Scarecrow is (usually) the only attack in my deck. Depending on where I am of course... I expand a bit for bosses and higher worlds (Celestia, Wintertusk and Zafaria). I stopped using almost everything else once got SC. With all of Death's blades and traps, you really don't need anything else. Gear is a BIG factor too. Weak gear equals weak attacks.

Yes it would be nice to have another AoE, but we don't NEED it.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
First of all, scarecrow will not suffice in certain occasions. Second of all, a multi spell will do rather nicely, but we're not extremely desperate. Last of all, Forest Lord is life's only multi spell yes but it is still very powerful. Over all, Death will be better off with another A.O.E spell, preferably a drain. Also, a global spell like doom and gloom would do as well but with a damage buff to death.

Sincerely, Jeffrey Spirithunter
lvl 70 necromancer
"Who knows what lies in the heart of the spiral..."

Armiger
May 10, 2010
serpence1 wrote:
First of all, scarecrow will not suffice in certain occasions. Second of all, a multi spell will do rather nicely, but we're not extremely desperate. Last of all, Forest Lord is life's only multi spell yes but it is still very powerful. Over all, Death will be better off with another A.O.E spell, preferably a drain. Also, a global spell like doom and gloom would do as well but with a damage buff to death.

lvl 70 necromancer
"Who knows what lies in the heart of the spiral..."

Name one occasion that Scarecrow will not "suffice".

If you can name one instance, I will tell you exactly how and what to do, to make scarecrow work in that instance.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
I can name a few enemies:

Ossues nightreaver, Unless you want to do low damage.
Malistaire, by the time you have enough buffs, he and his minions have already taken half your health.
Black tusk cultists, (Ditto)
Shadow web reaver (Ditto)
Plus hordes more!!

And don't say "Prism them" Because you will die before you get to prism them enough to kill them. I have 79 death resist and 65 death buff, I SHOULD KNOW. And don't say " beat they're resistences " because that's a losing battle.
Bosses have 70 death resist and it is infuriating to prism, trap blade, attack over and over, plus heals, plus friend heals. You do not really understand how hard it is to cope with a death of EQUAL POWER. So bring it on!.
(these results are based on death solo-battling facts and first hand experiance)

lvl 70 necromancer
"Death isn't immortal, it is quite the opposite..."

Explorer
Jun 09, 2010
I have a level 70 death and a level 70 life. I would rather death face a death enemy than a life enemy. Life shields constantly against death, death never shields. A trick I use is to put treasure prisms in my side deck when I have to face the same school as one of my wizards. Sometimes that is all I have there and have a prism available whenever I need it. If I'm in a group I use crow more and hit even if no prism is in place, if I'm solo I use wraith more.

I do agree with the original poster though, I wouldn't mine another AOE for death or life and an attack bubble would be awesome. But it is not a game changer for me.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
serpence1 wrote:
I can name a few enemies:

Ossues nightreaver, Unless you want to do low damage.
Malistaire, by the time you have enough buffs, he and his minions have already taken half your health.
Black tusk cultists, (Ditto)
Shadow web reaver (Ditto)
Plus hordes more!!

And don't say "Prism them" Because you will die before you get to prism them enough to kill them. I have 79 death resist and 65 death buff, I SHOULD KNOW. And don't say " beat they're resistences " because that's a losing battle.
Bosses have 70 death resist and it is infuriating to prism, trap blade, attack over and over, plus heals, plus friend heals. You do not really understand how hard it is to cope with a death of EQUAL POWER. So bring it on!.
(these results are based on death solo-battling facts and first hand experiance)

lvl 70 necromancer
"Death isn't immortal, it is quite the opposite..."

All bosses you will have to use a prism, if you refuse to do that, you are only defeating yourself. No, you don't have to prism all the minions, just the boss. After you prism the boss, my suggestion is this.

Dark Pact +30%
Spirit Blades +35%
Death Blade +40%
Treasure Spirit Blades +40%
Equipment or Treasure Death Blade +45%

Of course you should feint the boss, if you like, you can even treasure feint the boss.

Once you have done this, with the death resistance you have, you might, doubtful, but might have 1/2 your health back, but then, using an enchanted Scarecrow attack, you can easily do over 100k on the boss, and severely overkill the minions.

My suggestion, learn how much it takes to defeat minions without the convert. It's not that hard and you can easily survive long enough to do this.

Oh, and use Infallible treasure cards, they give 20% armor piercing, which means, they will have 20% less resistance to your attack.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
momsgametime wrote:
I have a level 70 death and a level 70 life. I would rather death face a death enemy than a life enemy. Life shields constantly against death, death never shields. A trick I use is to put treasure prisms in my side deck when I have to face the same school as one of my wizards. Sometimes that is all I have there and have a prism available whenever I need it. If I'm in a group I use crow more and hit even if no prism is in place, if I'm solo I use wraith more.

I do agree with the original poster though, I wouldn't mine another AOE for death or life and an attack bubble would be awesome. But it is not a game changer for me.

Oh, I also agree, it would be great for Death to get another AoE or an attack bubble.

What I disagree on, is the fact that he stated that Death Wizards can't put enough scarecrow attack cards in their decks.

I am impressed that you keep prisms in your side deck, most people don't. These are the tactics you need, to always have what you need, when you need it.

Great Job.