Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

We need another character slot.

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 13, 2008
Emma Lotusthorn on May 5, 2014 wrote:
I was just gonna post this same idea!! There is an extra desk too! One character is always standing!! So the empty desk could go to the 7th character. I used to have like a level 10 ice and then i deleted it for a fire. The last few days i've been thinking of who to delete for my ice but i don't wanna do that. I always thought there was a 7th slot because of that empty desk but I just didn't know how to unlock it. Tbh I also thought the ones off to the sides were open too. I thought that would be a great idea for years. Start a petition XD

~Emma Lotusthorn 81
I know right one is always standing when you choose one and on top of that when you use one the other sit down while the one your using is in play atm

Survivor
Feb 14, 2011
I know that I'm not the first to make mention of this but it has troubled me since the day I made my last wizard and realized I couldn't have the seventh school type ever... that is, unless I decided to delete one of my other wizards that I've already made--that seems like a terrible idea when, fact is, I love all the different schools and want to continue to enjoy all of them: their spells; their school-specific gear and pets; and their unique, personalized quests. Life, Death, Balance, Fire, Ice, Storm. I have all but Myth.

It seems possible (and reasonable enough) to assume that a seventh slot at the character selection screen could be a reality--and apart from wanting to know why that hasn't yet come to pass, it's not my question. My question is will it ever happen? I've heard people say that the reason there are only six slots in the character selection screen is because one of the schools didn't exist and wasn't added until a later point. I've also heard people say that the reason is because--as a business hoping to make more money--KingsIsle has purposely disallowed the use of a seventh slot so that you must buy a second account. That, or something about file sizes being too big, supposedly...

But how much more room could it possibly take up, when we're already given the option of six wizards at once? What is one more wizard, really? That question was rhetorical. No need to answer that. All I need answered is: will we, the devoted players, ever be allowed a seventh wizard to complete our collection on one account? I'd be so unbelievably ecstatic if that became a reality. Please, KI, won't you reconsider?

...Does anyone know of a petition or something to get things going, or would that just rile everyone up and make things worse?

Survivor
Jul 12, 2013
I never understood why, when Pirate101 has more than enough slots for each class, Wizard101 has 6 slots and 7 schools. I assumed it was for money ("to play all the schools, you have to pay for two subscriptions") but after playing Pirate101, I think it may just be that the developers just haven't thought about it yet or it's just a big project. Still, I feel like it would be useful to at least be able to buy slots for more characters (for a reasonable, one-time cost, of course - $5 worth of crowns, perhaps?) rather than having to pay for and manage two accounts (which I refuse to do). There's even space on the selection screen for it, where you can see extra desks on either side of your characters that the screen could expand to fit once you buy another slot!

I'm not sure how big of an implementation it would be or how long it would take to add, but I would appreciate eventually being able to add a Pyromancer to my roster to continue to fully enjoy the game on. It's been bothering me ever since I picked up the game again, and I know for sure I'm not the only one willing to pay for it.

Thank you for reading! I hope you keep my suggestion in mind. :)

Survivor
Jul 12, 2013
I doubt it's a marketing ploy. Pirate101 has more than enough slots for all their different classes...
Maybe it was one at first when the game was new, and now they just haven't bothered to update it? That's the only thing I can come up with. I don't really care about why it's there: I just want it FIXED. There are even extra desks either side of the character selection screen, and we can't use them yet!

And I see no reason why it would be members-only: I know plenty of people who buy areas with crowns and want another character slot. It should be a one-time payment for any account type, say $5 (or $10) worth of crowns for every slot? And once you have it, it's yours even if you delete the character that you put there. And since there are - I'm assuming - 6 extra desks either side of the screen, that's what it could be - 6 extra character slots, and you could either A) buy as many as you need at once or B) buy 1, 3, or 6, with 3 and 6 being at discounted prices (and this seems the more likely plan).

I know I'd buy a slot for a Pyromancer in a heartbeat, and I know several of my friends who would buy a few, as well. They make their money and players don't have to miss out on playing just that one school if they, like me, refuse to buy a second account just for one character. I am baffled that this hasn't been implemented yet..The longer it takes to put it in, the more it confuses me as to why they haven't done it already.

Explorer
May 10, 2011
Yes, I agree, I need to make a wizard.
The desk could be probably in the middle.
I dont want to make another account for the .

Olivia Rainbowleaf Level 39

Survivor
Aug 31, 2010
I have all my spots full and i dont have a life wizard and i really have wanted one but all my others are 70 and above and i really don't wanna delete them i have always wanted this to change and i don't see why we can't have room for all wizards? I think that we should at least have option to buy an extra character spot with crowns or gold. Hoping that this could go through.

Survivor
May 12, 2009
one thing that has ALWAYS bugged me ever since i started playing this game back in 09 is why there are 7 schools but only 6 character slots this to me is a bit of an inconvenience and i would love to be able to have 1 character from each school, how come this isnt the case as it is? and could we perheps eventually be able to make a 7th character? that would be great anyone else have any oppinions on this on why or why not this would be a good idea or nothing important really?

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
I think there should be another character slot. You can make another account, but then you would have to pay for the membership AGAIN. . I just really want to explore all the schools and I have all but ice. .
PLEASE make an update to the game, King's Isle.

Delver
Aug 10, 2009
Currently I have come across the idea of a 7th character slot. I thought to by self, "in Pirate101 we have on character slot for each school, so why not do the same in Wizard101." Being able to have a wizard from each school would allow players to have the full Wizard101 experience. I currently am thinking about creating a Life wizard, but I can't due to only having 6 character slots. If I had a 7th character slot then I could create my Life wizard.

Thanks for your considerations.

Defender
Jun 19, 2009
IKL626 on Jul 21, 2012 wrote:
As much as I would like this, I see a few problems - what if someone cancels the membership? Would the character get deleted? If so ki will have quite a few problems with that.

Jazzy.
What if they made it so that if the sub is cancelled and the account goes back to Free Play Only, the character in the seventh slot becomes "locked" and inaccessible until the player re-subs again? It shouldn't be a big problem ...

Defender
Dec 12, 2012
Molly the Balance ... on Aug 10, 2013 wrote:
There aren't enough desks. The selection screen would have to be edited. Great idea! I could have a storm!
Well whenever you highlight a charecter, he/she stands up, leaving a desk empty. Maybe the seventh wizard could sit in the empty desk. No editing needed!

Survivor
Mar 30, 2014
I don't make a lot of characters. I have three. One is level 8 and one is level 9. My best is only level 21. I don't like going through all the quests again. But if you got a 7th slot for your membership then your membership ran out and you couldn't use that person anymore until you got your membership back that would stink if that person was your best. What if it was level 98? And all others where 5? Just choose a school you don't want. It's easer

Emily Deathdust

Necromancer

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
i wish this could happen too where they could have all six seats full with one in the middle standing.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
Yes, KI, you know how long players have been asking about a 7th character slot, so why don't you add it all ready? It may take a lot of programming and editing, but the work would be worth it, you may get old players to return, and people who though of playing play! If you make people have to pay for it, that's fine, as long as it's not ridiculous. Please think about this idea. Thank you!

(If I offeneded you, very sorry! I really didn't mean to make the first part like that )