Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Disgruntled Wizard Re. Power Nova

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
I do not believe cards that give negative returns are beneficial.

I understand you are fixing the zeke gear that had negative returns and that is great. It was just a poor business model to see cards that have negative values. But that is not the reason for this post.

Power Nova-This card is absolutly negative.
It cost the balance wizard 7 pips and gives everyone in the group 2. You still dont see a positive return unless there are four wizards in the group. And at that point if there does happen to be 4 wizards in the group it still isnt worth the wasted turn to cast it for the net gain of one pip.

Even if Power Nova was granted 2 power pips to each player, I rarely group with more than one other player at a time and still fail to see the benefits of this card.

I have never cast Power Play, nor do i ever intend to, I know of other Balance wizards that have also never cast this spell. Please do not make this mistake of giving Balance's level 48 spell Power Nova.

Thanks,

PS Please bring back Dampen Magic

Survivor
Aug 04, 2008
Yes. I believe Power Nova is a useless spell. I don't think I will ever use it. Most of my friends have high power pip chance so giving 2 regular pip to them is annoying actually. Dampen Magic is also a bad spell because it affects everyone. I really hope KI would listen to what players want and please be creative in making a good 7 pip spell for balance wizards.
Thank you.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
I agree completely. I love playing the balance wizard but there is absolutely no benefit in this spell, by the time you cast it everyone else already has enough pips and a better level 7 spell to cast. If a balance wizard were to cast this it would be laughable as the scarecrow and storm lord kill everything on the screen.

Just a horrible choice for a power spell, I'm sure Kings Isle will see that when they mine the data (which I hope they must do for play balancing). I doubt they will see much use of this spell. It is too bad, I will still play my wizard but knowing this is what I get at the end level is a true disappointment.

Administrator
Power Nova is not working as intended.

This is a Rank 8 Spell that will cost 8 pips.
It will grant two POWER pips to all players on your side of the duel, including yourself.

This may not be fixed before it becomes available on the Live Realm, but I thought you should know we're aware of the fact it is currently not working as intended, and are working on getting this fixed soon.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
I completely agree power nova needs replacing.

I have a Grandmaster Sorcerer and after visiting the friendly necromancer site and watching all the awesome spells every other school got to cast I was shocked to find out that Balance has quite possibly the worst spell I have seen in the game.

From what I have observed while playing and from what I have been reading in forums. The majority of people are either playing solo or with one friend. They only team up for the final fight with Malistaire because you don’t have a choice. So it’s a spell that will get used maybe once during the entire five world quest. And most likely not even during the Malistaire fight.

I was amazed at how powerful Death, Fire, Ice, and Storm were. Myth was a bit weaker from what I saw. Life was really cool and seems liked it would be useful in a lot of fights, even solo.
Balance’s spell by comparison is a joke, a very cruel joke.

I get to spend eight pips to give everyone else two - but wait I get two as well. So what if I just went from eight pips down to two. Now every one else can cast their awesome spells while I just stand around watching and waiting to gain more pips.

And what about the arena? Now everyone else, but balance has a great 48th level spell to use in a one versus one match.

That sounds very unbalanced to me.

Survivor
Jan 04, 2009
My first and favorite wizard is a Grandmaster Balance. I've really been looking forward to my new spell, but I have to agree that Power Nova is a definate rip off for us. Everyone else got a really awesome and useful spell, but Sorcerors got (at best) one additional pip after paying in 7.

I know a lot of people are mad about Judgement being unbalanced for arena duels, but if this is how KI is balancing the balance class back out maybe they should remember that Judgement is our only decent offensive spell. We have no control over Spectral Blast or Spectral minion, and Hydra is pretty weak unless ridiculously boosted. In game, we have to survive more than we need to be able to fight in the arena, and let me tell you this... Judgement isn't what it used to be in storyline.

I have my doubts about being able to solo much of Celestia with what spells I have available (even with Judgement). Every other class got a multiattack or a multiheal spell. Couldn't Balance have a Krokosphinx land on all our enemies or something? Shouldn't the game itself be more important than the arena? Balance school players aren't the people that raised the damage in the arena so much which makes Judgement so unstoppable in the arena anyway. KI was.

Please please please... give us something we can actually work with.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
My own suggestion would be a spell that 'Grants the Balance' giving the player it is cast on the ability to use all spells (primary, secondary, tertiary..., treasure) as 'school spells'. You would also be able to use the Balance school damage boost & accuracy aids to this, as well as others defend against this as if it were a Balance spell.

It would be like the basic life healing spell, where balance could cast it on themselves or others, while as a secondary/treasure you could only self cast.

Explorer
Feb 21, 2009
SaturdaysWarrior wrote:

I have never cast Power Play, nor do i ever intend to, I know of other Balance wizards that have also never cast this spell. Please do not make this mistake of giving Balance's level 48 spell Power Nova.

I haven't cast Power Play either, because usually I would much rather use a damaging spell such as Judgment or Spec Blast. I saw the spells on Friendly Necromancer, and they all looked cool, but this... no. I thought that Donate Pips was bad, boy was I wrong!

I am extremely disappointed with this. I mean, Hydra is a six pip attack that's not really that good, and someone else also mentioned that there is no control over Spec Blast, Judgment is Balance's only real way to attack.

It doesn't make sense that they give all the other schools really awesome spells, and then they give Balance wizards a card that is better off being used to take notes on.

Please KI, reconsider?

Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
Gamma wrote:
Power Nova is not working as intended.

This is a Rank 8 Spell that will cost 8 pips.
It will grant two POWER pips to all players on your side of the duel, including yourself.

This may not be fixed before it becomes available on the Live Realm, but I thought you should know we're aware of the fact it is currently not working as intended, and are working on getting this fixed soon.

I still say that even with it giving two power pips, power nova is a waste of time! I play a balance character and was looking so forward to the new spells until I found out what it was. I solo a lot in the game and do not go in the arena. So, that means that for all intent and purposes, I am not getting a new spell and that is so not fair! All the other new spells can be used no matter if it is in the arena or in game play either solo or with friends.

Please give us a spell that can be used and not just a card that will never be played!