Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are we done with moon spells?

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 29, 2011
:)Well, the topic name says it itself, are we done with the age of moon? It seems like not many people even train moon spells anymore. They're bad to use in pvp, and in pve they're just not usefull. They change your school, but pretty much minus all of your stats. The only one i can see that is remotely usefull is the treant transformation.

I also noticed that they did not advance in polymorph at zarfaria. Only sun and star. I think it is that way because most people train sun and star and only about 1/10 even train moon today.

My myth trained all sun and star spells and the treant polymorph.

I have a myth polymorph people might actually train.

Polymorph minotaur.

Spells: A total of 30 spells and its a 8 turn polymorph

5 minotaurs
3 earthquakes
3 humongo frogs
4 myth blades
4 myths traps
2 stun all enemies spells, and 2 stun regular spells.
3 noble humongo frogs ( the spell given from the pet humongo frog, 6 pips 60 plus 600 damage over 3 rounds, damage all enemies )
2 ether shields( minus 70% life and death shield )
2 time of legends

Stats:

30 resist
50 damage
5 armor piercing
2,900 health
100 critical
75 critical block
plus 5 percent accuracy
70 power pip chance

I meant this polymorph to kinds be like waterworks gear.

I really believe these kind could bring polymorphs into pvp and used more in pve.

Kingsisle, please advance polymorphs as we advance as well. I want this to be in a future world continued after zafaria

Mycin legenddreamer :)

Survivor
Dec 28, 2009
I totally agree with that idea because basically evreyone in Celestia/Zafaria have either Star or Sun.
Kingsisle seriosly should improve moon spells.
Blaze Thunderstalker
level 46 Death
Dragonspyre

Champion
May 03, 2011
I didn't train any moon spells, but my son did, and he really likes them. I think they are a cool aspect of the game, and make battles more fun, especially for kids. I remember when polymorphs were new, you would see a lot of them. Now you hardly ever do. :(

Anyway, I like your idea a lot, and I think there should be more to the Moon School. Maybe you should post your Minotaur idea over in the Dorms section?

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
mkt3 wrote:
:)Well, the topic name says it itself, are we done with the age of moon? It seems like not many people even train moon spells anymore. They're bad to use in pvp, and in pve they're just not usefull. They change your school, but pretty much minus all of your stats. The only one i can see that is remotely usefull is the treant transformation.

I also noticed that they did not advance in polymorph at zarfaria. Only sun and star. I think it is that way because most people train sun and star and only about 1/10 even train moon today.

Polymorph minotaur.

5 minotaurs
3 earthquakes
3 humongo frogs
4 myth blades
4 myths traps
3 noble humongo frogs ( the spell given from the pet humongo frog, 6 pips 125 plus 575 damage all enemies )
2 time of legends

Stats:

30 resist
50 damage
5 armor piercing
2,900 health
100 critical
75 critical block
plus 5 percent accuracy
70 power pip chance

I really believe these kind could bring polymorphs into pvp and used more in pve.

Kingsisle, please advance polymorphs as we advance as well. I want this to be in a future world continued after zafaria

i have learned every morph and i am trying to master there use
if they add this myth morph it will add one more to master and new moon combos for me to try out
they should so add this

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I still see players using them in game play quite often. Without resists they don't stay alive long though.

Defender
May 29, 2011
seasnake wrote:
I still see players using them in game play quite often. Without resists they don't stay alive long though.

How many wizards do you see using them in pvp and zafaria? Not much. If you compared how many people who use sun and how many people who use moon would be a huge difference. Polymorphs need to be advanced, i'm asking why weren't they advanced in zafaria. If you want this polymorph, please say so! Also, post replies if you want polymorphs advanced. Go polymorphs! 8)

Defender
Mar 11, 2011
Noble Humungofrog correctly states 60+600 myth damage over 3 rounds.
Not 125+575 are you crazy!!!!??????

Defender
May 29, 2011
thewiz28 wrote:
Noble Humungofrog correctly states 60+600 myth damage over 3 rounds.
Not 125+575 are you crazy!!!!??????

No, I am not crazy it wasa simple mistake. I will edit it later.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
mkt3 wrote:

Polymorph minotaur.

5 minotaurs
3 earthquakes
3 humongo frogs
4 myth blades
4 myths traps
3 noble humongo frogs ( the spell given from the pet humongo frog, 6 pips 60 plus 600 damage over 3 rounds, damage all enemies )
2 time of legends

Stats:

30 resist
50 damage
5 armor piercing
2,900 health
100 critical
75 critical block
plus 5 percent accuracy
70 power pip chance

I agree with this idea, I also was wondering when A myth polymorph would come out plus I think this has some good stats. Jasmine Fireblade

Defender
Aug 22, 2010
I like the polymorph colossus. I totally agree there should be more moon spells

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
watsupdog111 wrote:
Moon is helpful in low level pvp

besides the fact low lvls cant even get a moon spell in tc form

Defender
May 29, 2011
watsupdog111 wrote:

Not as helpful as you think. I have a lvl 55 fire wizard and trust me, moon is not that helpful. Star and sun are actually more helpful. When some one polymorphs in pvp on my fire wizard, i simply blade up due to there non heals and lack of shields and kill them, not very hard to kill some one when there in a moon polymorpgh. Thats why i made this spell so you actually can live through a polymorph.

Explorer
Jan 18, 2010
mkt3 wrote:
watsupdog111 wrote:

Not as helpful as you think. I have a lvl 55 fire wizard and trust me, moon is not that helpful. Star and sun are actually more helpful. When some one polymorphs in pvp on my fire wizard, i simply blade up due to there non heals and lack of shields and kill them, not very hard to kill some one when there in a moon polymorpgh. Thats why i made this spell so you actually can live through a polymorph.

level 55 is not a low level matter a fact it's 5 levels ahead from what the top level use to be not to long ago, also if you have a moon polymorph with good resistance you'll live.

Defender
May 29, 2011
LighDealth wrote:
mkt3 wrote:
watsupdog111 wrote:

level 55 is not a low level matter a fact it's 5 levels ahead from what the top level use to be not to long ago, also if you have a moon polymorph with good resistance you'll live.

What level are you refferring too? In case you didnt know, you have to be lvl 50 to use polymorphs and if your not you cant even get them. Oh and btw, the max is 70 not 50 anymore. It USED to be 50. And, what polymorph has resistance? Only the gobler polymorph has all school resistance. So I dont really know where your coming from with a polymorph with good resistance. Thats why i made this idea so people CAN live.

Defender
May 29, 2011
Ok, let me know on what you think of this death polymorph!

Polymorph wraith, 8 turns Death

Stats:
3,600 health
25% resist to all schools
Plus 60 death damage
5 armor piercing
90 critical block
90 critical
20 outgoing and incoming healing boost
90% powerpip chance
10 stun resist

Spells:( 45 total )
5 death traps
5 death blades
3 curses
3 feints
3 dream shields( -70% myth and life )
3 vampires
5 wraiths
4 scarecrows
3 beguiles
5 sacrifice
3 pirates
3 red ghost pet spells, the red ghost does 200 damage( I think ) then a 25% death damage aura

Once again, Kingsisle please advance polymorphs like these, people would love them. Go polymorphs! :D

Survivor
Feb 20, 2011
mkt3 wrote:
Ok, let me know on what you think of this death polymorph!

Polymorph wraith, 8 turns Death

Stats:
3,600 health
25% resist to all schools
Plus 60 death damage
5 armor piercing
90 critical block
90 critical
20 outgoing and incoming healing boost
90% powerpip chance
10 stun resist

Spells:( 45 total )
5 death traps
5 death blades
3 curses
3 feints
3 dream shields( -70% myth and life )
3 vampires
5 wraiths
4 scarecrows
3 beguiles
5 sacrifice
3 pirates
3 red ghost pet spells, the red ghost does 200 damage( I think ) then a 25% death damage aura

Once again, Kingsisle please advance polymorphs like these, people would love them. Go polymorphs! :D

Love it, and could not agree more! Polymorphs need to be expanded, Kingsisle dont give up on them!

Why werent they expanded in zafaria?

Why are people not using them as much as star and sun?

The answer is obvious....there not good enough.

Kingsisle, its YOUR job to change it...use mkt3's ideas, there absolutely wonderful, obviously he worked hard.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2011
I was dissappointed that there was no astral spells. Why couldn't they fit some moon spells in? A secret trainer maybe?

KI your slaking on these moon spells!

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
mkt3 wrote:

Polymorph minotaur.

5 minotaurs
3 earthquakes
3 humongo frogs
4 myth blades
4 myths traps
2 time of legends

Stats:

30 resist
50 damage
5 armor piercing
2,900 health
100 critical
75 critical block
plus 5 percent accuracy
70 power pip chance

Never had a point trained in moon spells. BUT if ever there is a gear, wand, athame, ring that will somehow boost polymorph damage or resistance wise i might think differently. One thing i noticed is you need eight turns to even make it into the stats you are aiming for. Sadly eight turns are far too many to be effective in PvE, I guess moreso in PvP.

Archmages
Ronan Lionhand
Fiona Stardust
Jose Winterbane

Survivor
Jan 22, 2011
Survivor
Nov 18, 2010
i think polymorphs need higher health i love the bandit but it brings me down 300 life so by the time its over I'm dead and the minotaur would be awesome but what if we became a medusa instead i think that would be cool.

Cameron Giantcaster level64 Conjurer
p.s. every polymorph should get a few satyrs for backup