Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Malistaire's Robe Drop

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 29, 2009
JasonM27 wrote:
My friends and I finally made it to the end today. I'm a Balance Wizard, but when I got the robe, it was for the Death school. The robes my friends got were for their School. Are Malistaire's drops supposed to be random or is there a glitch somewhere? I'm hoping there's a glitch, because I'd really like the Balance robe. I plan on fighting him again, but not sure I want to farm for it right now. Just wondering.

Just be thankful you didn't get the infamous chicken box. The jacket is worth the farming. The balance jacket is not as tough to get as some of the other school jackets. I tried for a month for my ice jacket and now have a chicken box collection compared to none in all the realms!

Survivor
Jan 08, 2010
Regarding the Malistaire drops I didn't have any trouble getting what I wanted the first try I recieved a nice dagger "Malistaire's drakes deathedge" and a furniture drop. The second time I fought him I got my ice robe and a ring that is really good "Gurtok Celsius Band" It would be nice to have a list of all his drops. I was looking on the internet and couldn't find any specific list of the items that he drops. Does anyone know of a list out there somewhere? Thanks :D

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
shuffle360 wrote:
I have gotten five storm five death three balance to life and to myth.

STILL NO FIRE ROBE!

AND I ALSO GOT HIS RING LIKE TENTH TIMES AND NO ROBE AT ALL!

i think there is a major bug with malistaire

i think i not a grandmaster yet i hope i get my wizard back :(

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
shuffle360 wrote:
I have gotten five storm five death three balance to life and to myth.

STILL NO FIRE ROBE!

AND I ALSO GOT HIS RING LIKE TENTH TIMES AND NO ROBE AT ALL!

i think there is a major bug with malistaire

lol

Delver
Mar 08, 2009
I remember trying to get my life robe but i mostly got fire, storm and ice robes. On my twentyif ( sry about spelling ) time i finally got it. Just keep farming. BTW i made more then 8,000 gold. :D :D :D :D

Survivor
May 02, 2009
firesword52 wrote:
what about the amulets. malistaire drops really good things especially the amulets.

Very interesting, I didn't know he dropped amulets, so instead of people yelling that they don't want amulets, can you tell us what kind of amulets he drops? (Sorry if somebody already posted this kind of comment. Heh heh.)

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
I was really lucky with malistaire. The first time I ever fought him, I teleported to a friend who was doing the malistaire quest, and I got a life robe and the athame and a ruined painting. :D Now I have fought him around 30 times, and I have 2 myth robes, 2 life robes, 2 fire robes, and 1 robe for every other school. I got my school robe on my first try. My advice: Just keep fighting him!

Explorer
Aug 14, 2008
I got my school robe first try when I was like level 22 or 27. My mom and her friend needed help, so I joined. I guess it was just luck, because my mom got her robe but our friend didn't.

Explorer
Feb 07, 2010
if you have crowns you can just try to get it if you don't well good luck with that

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
His drops are totally random. I helped a friend and got my grand balance robe first time into him with that character. Fought him numerous times with my Life never got my robe. But, I did get the infamous crate of chickens and a good laugh about getting them. Today my son helped his friend and got my life robe. :D

My advice is keep all grand gear you win for future characters. I have been doing that for my son.

I have learned to be patient and eventually you will get it. I am always shocked and happy when I get something the first time. Usually it is more like the 23rd or more. I have lovely friends who battle with me over and over and over to get get stuff.

Megan Frostriver Grandmaster Theurgist
Megan Frostbringer Grandmaster Sorcerer

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
i have dont the malistare 27 times and still no death robe i have gotten enrything else but not death

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
JasonM27 wrote:
My friends and I finally made it to the end today. I'm a Balance Wizard, but when I got the robe, it was for the Death school. The robes my friends got were for their School. Are Malistaire's drops supposed to be random or is there a glitch somewhere? I'm hoping there's a glitch, because I'd really like the Balance robe. I plan on fighting him again, but not sure I want to farm for it right now. Just wondering.

Just be thankful you didn't get the dreaded "crate of chickens". That happened to me once. If you get the wrong robe, just put it in your shared bank and save it for when you make that kind of wizard. If you don't plan to, just sell it.

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
jason92 wrote:
i've killed malistare over ten times and it took me twice a day to get all of his robes. :-) i'm a level 48 death and i have no more good quest to do

If you're only level 48, then you obviously missed a bunch of side quests. Even if you completely skip Grizzleheim, you should hit level 50 by the time you beat Mallistaire (at the very least after you turn in the DS Zeke quest and book quest) if you did the side quests.

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
sleepingbeauty667 wrote:
Regarding the Malistaire drops I didn't have any trouble getting what I wanted the first try I recieved a nice dagger "Malistaire's drakes deathedge" and a furniture drop. The second time I fought him I got my ice robe and a ring that is really good "Gurtok Celsius Band" It would be nice to have a list of all his drops. I was looking on the internet and couldn't find any specific list of the items that he drops. Does anyone know of a list out there somewhere? Thanks :D

go to www.wizard101.wikia.com

then just type in mallistaire in the search box. great source page for most of the game. you can also find locations of all of the items you need for all of the zeke quests.

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
samueljameslee wrote:
firesword52 wrote:
what about the amulets. malistaire drops really good things especially the amulets.

Very interesting, I didn't know he dropped amulets, so instead of people yelling that they don't want amulets, can you tell us what kind of amulets he drops? (Sorry if somebody already posted this kind of comment. Heh heh.)

This is the info I found.
Items Dropped

Gold:

18-28

Hats:

Reinforced Helmet
Ivy-Wrapped Cap

Robes:

Malistaire Drake's Coat of Purgatory
Malistaire's Dragonfire Cloak
Malistaire's Iceflame Tunic
Malistaire's Wrathful Wrap