Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Way to End Puppet Teams!

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Hi. This idea has been in the back of my mind for a while now, and it could drastically improve the state of PvP complaints based in both fact and fiction. The removal of the ability to lose rank in the Arena. Think about it: People wouldn't really lose any status by losing a match, it would only slow them down. This could weaken the basis of many complaints, and topple a few more. Also, it would halt ranking down and puppet teams, ending countless complaints. I haven't ever really seen the point of losing rank, personally, and many people will probably be much happier this way. What do you think? All feedback is welcome!

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
bionaknight wrote:
Hi. This idea has been in the back of my mind for a while now, and it could drastically improve the state of PvP complaints based in both fact and fiction. The removal of the ability to lose rank in the Arena. Think about it: People wouldn't really lose any status by losing a match, it would only slow them down. This could weaken the basis of many complaints, and topple a few more. Also, it would halt ranking down and puppet teams, ending countless complaints. I haven't ever really seen the point of losing rank, personally, and many people will probably be much happier this way. What do you think? All feedback is welcome!

Hi Bionaknight,

The only problem that I see with that, is that some Wizards hit a certain level and then lose rank because they are just not that good. So these Wizs need to flux a bit to learn, for some it is really needed.
Then add to this if someone doesn't play their Wizard for a while, the Rank gets reset to zero. Maybe they need lock the Ranking and allow the badge to change one level. Then use both to adjust for the pvp fight. Or the other way, Lock the Badge and then adjust the Level number, but only allow for it to move 100 points. Maybe a combination would be helpful to the person trying to rank, and could also help downranking.
Just trying to look at this from a slightly different angle.

Joe.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
I sooooo agree! I was as well as thinking about this idea. It would also be much easier to get the commander robe which many people want (Inculding me). I hope Kingsisle does this!

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Lion359 wrote:
bionaknight wrote:

Hi Bionaknight,

The only problem that I see with that, is that some Wizards hit a certain level and then lose rank because they are just not that good. So these Wizs need to flux a bit to learn, for some it is really needed.
Then add to this if someone doesn't play their Wizard for a while, the Rank gets reset to zero. Maybe they need lock the Ranking and allow the badge to change one level. Then use both to adjust for the pvp fight. Or the other way, Lock the Badge and then adjust the Level number, but only allow for it to move 100 points. Maybe a combination would be helpful to the person trying to rank, and could also help downranking.
Just trying to look at this from a slightly different angle.

Joe.
While this is an interesting idea, the general point is to stop downranking, due to it's link to puppet teams. Example: Warlord needs tickets, so he ranks down to private, then ranks up again using puppet team technique. So, maybe there is a different fix, but I don't know about downranking. Any ideas?

Survivor
Jun 09, 2010
nice idea i get your point but, if no one could lose rank, everyone on w101 would be warlord! and, it would be boring, sometimes i like to rank down then rank back up for fun and more tickets without the ability to rank down you couldn't rank down then get back to warlord or commnder justfor the fun of it, i think that magus teams should just suck it up and get conviction and spam tower and weakness to stop the legend/trans from killing them, then while the legend/trans is getting rid of your shields or weakness you put up, pelt him with attacks and infects.

Defender
May 29, 2011
I dont know, i'm not really a fan of this idea. People need to earn pvp prizes and when they rank up thats a sign of achievement. Just because people arent well at pvp doesnt mean have to take ranks out of it, it wouldnt make pvp fun anymore. There wouldnt be anything to strive for but the items. Sorry, but i dont like this idea. :/

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
mkt3 wrote:
I dont know, i'm not really a fan of this idea. People need to earn pvp prizes and when they rank up thats a sign of achievement. Just because people arent well at pvp doesnt mean have to take ranks out of it, it wouldnt make pvp fun anymore. There wouldnt be anything to strive for but the items. Sorry, but i dont like this idea. :/
I meant to remove the ability to LOSE rank, not to take it out entirely.