Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Keeping players interested

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 12, 2012
1) Implement a system to allow easier ways to find groups for dungeons.

A simple queue system would make it so that people are not getting bored with the endless grind of quest leveling. People would be able to do something together without having to run around asking for help. It would leave the option open for gaining some experience outside of the typical leveling experience (i.e grab quest, kill targets for quest, turn in quest. rinse and repeat).

2) Overhaul crafting.

As it stands, crafting is only good for gaining some experience by doing the quests. In researching patterns and availability, most are typically not worth the trouble of gathering mats to make. People generally like to craft things that their character can use and benefit from. Some also like to be able to make profits in crafting professions (which cannot be done in W101 currently). Which also leads to the next idea....

3) The Bazaar needs to become more like the Auction House it is generally assumed to be, when you use it.

The Bazaar, as it stands currently, is simply a vendor who likes to pay random prices to players for loot. The system could stand to be more interactive for players. Being able to take that rare drop, crafted item that took tons of materials to make, etc, and list it in the Bazaar for players to bid on or buy, would give the Bazaar a actual reason for being around.

4) PvP

Why is it that PvP is limited to instanced arenas? The option for open world PvP would be fun. Dueling in the middle of open fields, or inviting people to come to your castle for battles, would be tons of fun. Giving the player a option in-game to allow other players to challenge them in the open world would make it interesting. Not too mention other people could hang out and watch people duel without having to run to Unicorn Way for all this stuff.

5) Permanent mounts

I know that the Crown Shop is one of those things that helps the company to make extra money for paying employees and maintaining servers, that is normal for MMOs. Maybe I am missing something, but I cannot find any information on permanent mount drops in the game. Are there any?

If the only way to obtain them is the crown shop, that can also be a deterrent for player interest. So far, it is the only item slot a player cannot fill within the game, from my personal experience. Making them able to be earned through quests, would be cool. Even a sizable cost in gold would be acceptable.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Taercenn wrote:

A simple queue system would make it so that people are not getting bored with the endless grind of quest leveling. People would be able to do something together without having to run around asking for help. It would leave the option open for gaining some experience outside of the typical leveling experience (i.e grab quest, kill targets for quest, turn in quest. rinse and repeat).

I agree. I've asked for something similiar.

Taercenn wrote:
4)Dueling in the middle of open fields, or inviting people to come to your castle for battles, would be tons of fun. Giving the player a option in-game to allow other players to challenge them in the open world would make it interesting.

You can purchase houses with crowns that allow you to PvP in your house.

Taercenn wrote:
If the only way to obtain them is the crown shop, that can also be a deterrent for player interest. So far, it is the only item slot a player cannot fill within the game, from my personal experience. Making them able to be earned through quests, would be cool. Even a sizable cost in gold would be acceptable.

You can earn temporary mounts through drops, but the Crowns shop does have permanent mounts available for gold (instead of the real money).

Survivor
Sep 01, 2008
Yes, on Wizard101Central, I often see young wizards asking about auctioning items. Though it would be a big update, I suspect people would appreciate it.

Administrator
Taercenn wrote:

3) The Bazaar needs to become more like the Auction House it is generally assumed to be, when you use it.

The Bazaar, as it stands currently, is simply a vendor who likes to pay random prices to players for loot. The system could stand to be more interactive for players. Being able to take that rare drop, crafted item that took tons of materials to make, etc, and list it in the Bazaar for players to bid on or buy, would give the Bazaar a actual reason for being around.

The Bazaar works differently than you think, young Wizard. From the Update Notes: https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes/july2009#Bazaar

Olde Town is the place to be - there you will find the new Bazaar. This new Bazaar gives players access to items found by other players, in all the worlds of the Spiral.

Players can sell their extra items to a new shopkeeper named Elik Silverfist. That's me on the left! I'll pay you the value in gold for your items based on supply and demand. If I already have lots of the item you are selling me then I will pay you less gold for yours. If I'm low or out of stock on the item you are selling, I will pay you more gold! No matter what, I will always offer a better price than other shopkeepers.

You can also buy items from me that other players have sold to me. The more of an item I have, the cheaper it will be, and the fewer of an item I have, the more expensive it will be. If you see an item you like, buy it, it may not be there next time you visit.

All prices are based on my current stock of items, so shop often for that special bargain, young Wizards! And don't worry, if someone sells an item on Wu Realm, and you're on Pixie, you'll see it in my inventory - I've got all the Realms covered!

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Feb 12, 2012
It was not that I did not understand how the current Bazaar works, I was just considering the idea of how it could work differently in regards to creating more player interaction.

At this point, players cannot trade anything, besides Treasure Cards, between each other. A active time auction house set-up could generate more buzz from the social perspective too.

I play this game with my son during times when he is finished with schoolwork (gradeschool stuff they bring home) and on the weekends when the weather traps us indoors. Being experienced in the MMO genre, I can typically understand the hows and wheres better than he does. At times, I have had many pieces of loot that I would have liked to have given to him to use on one of his characters. So, I guess my next question is..........

Is there anything in the works that may eventually allow players on group (Family) accounts to be able to trade with each other?

Survivor
Jul 11, 2011
Taercenn wrote:

2) Overhaul crafting.

As it stands, crafting is only good for gaining some experience by doing the quests. In researching patterns and availability, most are typically not worth the trouble of gathering mats to make. People generally like to craft things that their character can use and benefit from. Some also like to be able to make profits in crafting professions (which cannot be done in W101 currently). Which also leads to the next idea....

4) PvP

Why is it that PvP is limited to instanced arenas? The option for open world PvP would be fun. Dueling in the middle of open fields, or inviting people to come to your castle for battles, would be tons of fun. Giving the player a option in-game to allow other players to challenge them in the open world would make it interesting. Not too mention other people could hang out and watch people duel without having to run to Unicorn Way for all this stuff.

5) Permanent mounts

I know that the Crown Shop is one of those things that helps the company to make extra money for paying employees and maintaining servers, that is normal for MMOs. Maybe I am missing something, but I cannot find any information on permanent mount drops in the game. Are there any?

It sounds like someones been playing wow... But yes I have to agree, I'm in the process of trying to think of a way that I can get my parents to let me end my membership to wizard101 to switch to wow because dungeons in wow are actually fun!!! And also because in wizard101 there's no combat just run click a couple times, and ten minutes later, your dead... or you win but, you know, still...

I also like the idea of having a one world channel, like you can talk to someone in firecat alley from the pet pavilion even if your not on their friends list.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Taercenn wrote:

2) Overhaul crafting.

4) PvP

5) Permanent mounts

First off, you can buy Mounts for a sum of 70,000 or 80,000 gold (depending on the mount). For PvP I think (think) that some Gift Card houses offer duel areas, but I would enjoy being able to have other areas to duel in, or even just being able to select the arena to duel in. Not on board with the whole overhauled Bazaar idea. I like it how it is.

I don't get where you are going on the crafting thing. As for the dungeon thing, that would be nice. I stood around forever to wait for a guy in Katz Lab, and I finally join a Myth guy, and he just abandons me. I see he was in a battle ten minutes later, but I just pass by and try to complete it on my own. I lost of course.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
If you dont have the real money to spend on a bundle pack but still have a subscription, you could always craft a house just like me.... Celestial Observatory, seems like the 2nd rarest house to me :P (next to the grizzleheim one, but has no battlefield :( )