Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

what is KI doing wrong?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
so i have been reading the message boards and have found that many wizards are complaining about zafaria and that KI should end the morganthe arc soon.
Well here is what
what is the problem with zafaria? i really liked it because it is challenging and the monsters are fun to fight
also, why is everyone complaining about when to end the morganthe arc? each arc should last about five worlds so i think we still have a good three left. you should be used to it after going through the malistare arc.

so please stop complaining and give KI a break, i think the game is going great

Defender
May 31, 2011
I, too, enjoyed Zafaria and feel it was well done (Except for fighting the same enemies and the same areas over and over again). I am looking forward to how the story will continue and end.

That said, however, I would not ask others to not "complain" as I believe they have every right to express their thoughts,feelings, and opinions as anyone else on the matter. Done constructively there can be lots to learn from differences of opinions.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I don't get the complaints, myself. I am loving Zafaria and have liked almost each world in turn. (Not a huge fan of Celestia) Ending the Morganthe arc... I agree that it will probably last 4-5 worlds. I see no reason to end it quickly.

I don't think KI is doing anything wrong. It's just impossible to make everyone happy.

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
Zafaria is challenging. To be hit by Medusa on the first turn! Oh, my. But my myth has managed to make it to level 70!
I wasn't happy with Celestia because it seemed a big challenge. But I managed to get three wizards through it. After battling in Zafaria now with my myth, death, and ice wizards, CL seems like a cake walk! lol
I'm more than sure that when another new world comes out, Zafaria will seem tame (ok, tamer).

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
I happen to agree with the posters here. I love ZF, think it was one of their most well done worlds yet. Had lot's of fun exploring the landscapes there, and defeating endless rhinos with magical spells made my day more then once :D

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
In Zafaria there is little challenge, its a bit tough if you are balance but for everyone else its a walk through and Zafaria looks so cheaply done as you fight the same things over and over and over again in the same areas over and over and over again. At level 69 I was still getting quests to continue to fight the fire ravagers that I was fighting at level 60, 61, 62, and so forth. Equipment drops were not worth getting, only one new spell and they didn't really make you any stronger. There is little difference in strenght between one who is level 60 in the best equipment and one who is level 70 in the best equipment, and their equipment is even most likely the same. There was nothing worth crafting. Its like the programmers chose to do the bare minimum and to take every short cut out of doing work that they possibly could.

As far as the boss fights, there were few of them, there were few dungeons and towers and the like (something dragonspyre had tons of), few fights cheat and of those that did only my balance figured out they cheated cause my other characters mass killed them in single blows bypassing their cheats. When it comes to end bosses, they are all of the same school, like all ice, or all storm, and players simply don close to 100% resistance equipment when going into such fights making them pretty much to totally immune and the fights very lame.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I never really had a problem with Zafaria. After clearing Celestia, Wintertusk and Zafaria are relatively easy, since eventually the equipment and spells you can get will make things a tad easier.

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
fastgold202 wrote:
so i have been reading the message boards and have found that many wizards are complaining about zafaria and that KI should end the morganthe arc soon.
Well here is what
what is the problem with zafaria? i really liked it because it is challenging and the monsters are fun to fight
also, why is everyone complaining about when to end the morganthe arc? each arc should last about five worlds so i think we still have a good three left. you should be used to it after going through the malistare arc.

some of the complains were from the fact that the people there are zoo animals. i went there on test realm and saw stuff like "really? zoo animals?". cant they just be glad KI finally made a new world instead of complaining about 'lack of details'?

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
marolin23 wrote:
fastgold202 wrote:
Well here is what

some of the complains were from the fact that the people there are zoo animals. i went there on test realm and saw stuff like "really? zoo animals?". cant they just be glad KI finally made a new world instead of complaining about 'lack of details'?

people want there cake and eat it too but the fact is they can't so they complain. I put them on ignore I really don't want to hear it in game when I am trying to have fun. that really works the best. lol

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
A new thing that I can add to this topic.

Avalon.

Avalon in itself is beautiful, a medieval like world, colorful, and graphically pleasing. Mobs look incredibly beautiful and well done, and look creative.

What is KingsIsle doing wrong?

One thing they have been doing wrong since 2008.

Quests quests quests quests quests quests quests quests quests quests quests quests quests quests quests quests quests quests quests quests quests. Etc.

The jump in ... difficulty? Or challenge, I should say. Yea yea, the age old debate of the "challenge element" can be once again brought up, but lets not. Mobs start with 9-10 pips, bosses start with 12-14 pips, while we wizards start with our little 3-4 pips.

Unless you are loaded with Life, resistance, and block, and unless you get first turn, and/or unless you can easily heal with a life mastery amulet, you are instantly bombarded with rank 8-9 spells, by anywhere from 1-4 mobs. And instantly put into a critical nail-biting, teeth-grinding, critical position. Which make the battles so not fun. Any of them. Even 'random encounters.'

Basically, unless you have an iron will and fists of steel, dungeons are so difficult and painful, you find yourself standing around at the entrance waiting for other random people to walk by so you can join them. What happens once the population in Avalon dies down? I don't even want to think about that.

Anyway, I now see how much more challenging Avalon is, after playing through Zafaria. So, how much challenging is the next world after Avalon going to be?

Mobs starting with 14 pips? 99% critical? 100% block? 99% power pip chance? Mobs starting with 5k health? The complete and total inability to even solo? At some point the line needs to be drawn here.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
The game if FINE & AWESOME- worlds are cool graphics great..

What is NOT SO awesome is all the updates that comes with the worlds.

The unfair spells, schools getting huge advantages while others are left in the dust..

That is what is unfair- and although the "game" has nothing to do with PVP, pvp is a huge factor because most high levels turn to pvp when the game has ended for them at the time..

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
RavenLady777 wrote:
I don't think KI is doing anything wrong. It's just impossible to make everyone happy.

Totally agree with you.

I beat the game three times already, been a legendary artisan twice, made pets with defy proof as base talents consistently. It was hard, but i love the challenge. KI is not doing anything wrong. Players only have different tolerance level for the game.

*Challenge Accepted*

Archmages
Ronan Lionhand
Fiona Stardust
Jose Winterbane

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
First of all, I have no complaints on any of the worlds or the dungeons, they have all been great. I have watched the spells very closely, and really see an overall plan, to balance things as we go to each world.
I will agree, I didn't like Shatter when it came out, and still don't.
I don't like Guardian Spirit, but I see KI is moving fast to correct it.

Overall, what are they doing wrong, unbalancing PvP with certain spells.
As long as they try to correct them, like Wild Bolt and GS, I guess that I have no complaints. Why, because there is no game out there, that is as interesting, complex, and this much fun to play.

Joe.

Hero
May 02, 2009
I think part of the reason people are complaining is because they want things to be easy, so if there's even a bit of a challenge factor for them, they whine and complain about it. On the other hand, some people who play are generally young and thus may not be ready for such a challenge we're seeing in the morganthe arc.

People who play video games should realize by now that as you progress furthur in the game, its only natural that the general difficulty level increases. If your having trouble in a certain part, ask for help or hire a henchman or 2 (the latter of which is what I did for nastrond yesterday).

I really have no general complaints about the worlds, as I think they were made really well, and KI deserves to have some praise.

I play many mmos including this one, and every game has its strengths and weaknesses, and if people cant or wont realize that, then they need to wake up and realize that no game is or ever will be perfect.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Well, it is true. No game may ever be perfect.

But, that does not mean that it can't be worked on to be closer and closer to a perfect that everybody finds agreeable.