Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Too much with this "Connection Lost!"

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 31, 2011
This happens every hour, >_> please fix this...KI you failed me because I was always in PvP and I lose connection... v.v

Defender
May 30, 2010
maybe check ya internet it maybe very slow
check the realm it may be crowded
choose a perfect or normal realm
close non-used applications like internet explorer etc
make the game if possible half screen so it takes less time to load

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
mollyisthebest wrote:

None of this is a factor. This issue has been going on for quite some time and needs to be addressed. All we get from KI is "find a less crowded realm." Um, I'm in a "perfect" realm when it happens.
And yes, it needs to be addressed and fixed. :?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
RavenLady777 wrote:
mollyisthebest wrote:

None of this is a factor. This issue has been going on for quite some time and needs to be addressed. All we get from KI is "find a less crowded realm." Um, I'm in a "perfect" realm when it happens.

Fortunately, this isn't happening to everyone. So they can't fix something that only affects a certain population. They need data from the user to ascertain the problem (support tickets). Sometimes it is server issues (like last time) and they fix them. Other times, people just have bad internet connections or computers cannot process as quickly. But to suggest that none of those factors are the problem is naive. Especially when there are millions of players not experiencing a "connection lost" every hourlike the original poster.

Defender
Dec 31, 2011
StevenRulez wrote:
This happens every hour, >_> please fix this...KI you failed me because I was always in PvP and I lose connection... v.v

It all depands on your connection. Because with no connection then you cant go online. I hope this helps.

Level 26 Ice Wizard

Survivor
Mar 15, 2012
StevenRulez wrote:

It happens to me too. If you have a connection like cisco Systems you can just unplug the connection and put it back in and, it should go back to what you were doing.
( If you have a wire and, a little thing that has a green button on it)

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
kingurz wrote:
RavenLady777 wrote:
mollyisthebest wrote:

Fortunately, this isn't happening to everyone. So they can't fix something that only affects a certain population. They need data from the user to ascertain the problem (support tickets). Sometimes it is server issues (like last time) and they fix them. Other times, people just have bad internet connections or computers cannot process as quickly. But to suggest that none of those factors are the problem is naive. Especially when there are millions of players not experiencing a "connection lost" every hourlike the original poster.

It's not naive at all. It's a fact. None of the things listed, or constantly suggested by Professor Greyrose make any difference at all. I don't experience this issue very much, but it has been going on for a long time. If we send reports to support, with the information they require, yes, they can get a handle on what the issue may be. I seriously doubt they haven't gotten any reports at all though, so why is this not being addressed?

FYI, all my drivers are updated. Nothing runs in the background and I have very little lag. My internet connection is top-notch and my computer obviously processes the code or I wouldn't be able to play daily without any issues but this.

KI does need to look into this instead of giving generic responses.
thank you.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
RavenLady777 wrote:
kingurz wrote:
RavenLady777 wrote:
mollyisthebest wrote:

It's not naive at all. It's a fact. None of the things listed, or constantly suggested by Professor Greyrose make any difference at all. I don't experience this issue very much, but it has been going on for a long time. If we send reports to support, with the information they require, yes, they can get a handle on what the issue may be. I seriously doubt they haven't gotten any reports at all though, so why is this not being addressed?

FYI, all my drivers are updated. Nothing runs in the background and I have very little lag. My internet connection is top-notch and my computer obviously processes the code or I wouldn't be able to play daily without any issues but this.

KI does need to look into this instead of giving generic responses.
thank you.

My response was that is was naive to assume the poster you quoted already tried the same solutions with no luck (like yourself). Just because they weren't a factor for you, doesn't mean it isn't a factor for another player. There are way too many variables out there for "a one size fits all solution."

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
When I lose connection it typically is because my power cord isn't plugged tightly into my laptop anymore and the battery has run down a little bit. This can be very frustrating, but definitely is on my end when it occurs.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I think I also lose connection when my computer gets too hot. I did a web search and found that dust can get into the cooling fan system and to resolve the problem all I needed to do was blow hard into the vents to get rid of the dust and clogging. I must say that the problem went away and seems to work whenever the system is acting up. I guess this problem caused my system to all of a sudden shut down, which I originally thought was a Wizard101 bug and programming error.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
seasnake wrote:
I think I also lose connection when my computer gets too hot. I did a web search and found that dust can get into the cooling fan system and to resolve the problem all I needed to do was blow hard into the vents to get rid of the dust and clogging. I must say that the problem went away and seems to work whenever the system is acting up. I guess this problem caused my system to all of a sudden shut down, which I originally thought was a Wizard101 bug and programming error.

I too had a similiar issue on an old laptop. I'm pretty sure the tempature affected my memory speed and therefore the processing speed of my internet "data bits" flowing in. I occasionally lost connection to a zone, because I didn't keep a good constant connection. Didn't happen every hour, but often enough. Eventually, the computer would go to the "blue screen of death" because the memory leak got so bad.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010

My response was that is was naive to assume the poster you quoted already tried the same solutions with no luck (like yourself). Just because they weren't a factor for you, doesn't mean it isn't a factor for another player. There are way too many variables out there for "a one size fits all solution."

Ah, I see what you're saying. My apologies.
I agree...too many variables for one solution. But I still think reporting this to support and giving them the files they need would help. I hope so, anyway. :)

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
RavenLady777 wrote:

Ah, I see what you're saying. My apologies.
I agree...too many variables for one solution. But I still think reporting this to support and giving them the files they need would help. I hope so, anyway. :)

No worries and I absolutely agree.

One slight change or addition to the game, may affect a lot of players (even though not all the players) accessing or playing the game. The more and quicker tickets KI receives the more available data they have to work with (i.e. is it only affecting Mac users, wireless folks, or certain zones).

Whenever I have a problem, I usually check the Forums first for any other players having the same issues or KI responses acknowledging the issue (sometimes they will specifically ask players to submit data to capture the variables). If nothings out there, then I post (to let others know of my problem and general awareness, in case this is a trend) and immediately follow up with a support ticket (with attached dxdiag and client info). Support tickets always get routed to the right people at KI. Forums are hit or miss, but some players actually have the right answer, depending on what support already told them.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
I have been experiencing this issue for longer then a year now. The "Area cannot be found" and "Connection Lost" are extremely annoying. They desperately need to fix it.

Explorer
Dec 29, 2009
It is to the point now the game is not playable... For weeks now. We pay for membership but get the can not connect every 30 min or more frequently and yes we are on a perfect realm. We (my husband and I) are on the same connection but I rarely ever get this error while he gets it all the time and it is not the internet connection. So KI needs to fix this immediately because people are paying to play and with this happening they can't... I don't understand why they just seem to not care, if this continues I will not be renewing our memberships until this is fixed. Very disappointed in KI.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
OK, I have read all of the posts so far and as Kingurz pointed out, without sending a ticket to support, there is not a lot they can do.

For those of you that have laptops, buy a cooling pad and by all means keep the dust out of the vents and fans. A can of office air for electronics will do wonders for this but be sure you follow the directions for use.

Also if anyone is running on dialup, you will get a "lost connection" or "cannot connect" quite often. I had dialup when I first started playing this game and rarely played more than an hour without getting one of these. The only time I could play without getting them was early in the day before everyone was getting home from school or work.

You will also get those errors if someone else in your household is "streaming" videos or music on another computer. It slows down your connection speed and it does not matter if your computer is hardwired or wifi. Yes, I had this happen after going to DSL and grand daughter using her laptop.

Another item that can cause this is certain anti-virus programs such as Norton360. I used to have it but have switched to Microsoft Security Essentials and have not had any more problems with it.

Someone mentioned other programs running in the background. Just be sure that anything you shut down is not going to create other problems for your computer and DON'T shut down processes in Task Manger. This can really cause some problems if you don't know what you are shutting down.

Explorer
Dec 02, 2011