Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

TOS Violations

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 12, 2009
Is it against terms of service to state age, real names, or loactions? If so, why are so many players doing it?

Will you get banned if you report falsely? If so, why aren't players being banned for reporting with no good reasons like: Saying no to friendship, helping with quests, not wanting to be someone's bf or gf, saying no when someone asks to be gifted? I've seen the screen and on the occassions when I've had good reason to report, it says, 'report falsely and be banned!"(or something to that effect). If report isn't going to solve anything(many players continue to be on game though they get reported for blatant harassment), then why have the feature? Nobody needs a placebo when it comes to fixing what's wrong, what's needed is real action.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Dragonsflame3000 wrote:
Is it against terms of service to state age, real names, or loactions? If so, why are so many players doing it?

Will you get banned if you report falsely? If so, why aren't players being banned for reporting with no good reasons like: Saying no to friendship, helping with quests, not wanting to be someone's bf or gf, saying no when someone asks to be gifted? I've seen the screen and on the occassions when I've had good reason to report, it says, 'report falsely and be banned!"(or something to that effect). If report isn't going to solve anything(many players continue to be on game though they get reported for blatant harassment), then why have the feature? Nobody needs a placebo when it comes to fixing what's wrong, what's needed is real action.

In answer to question number 1: It is against the rules, but people have a tendency to ignore them.
for question number 2: You will get banned for reporting falsely multiple times. Number 3: Harassment without foul language or inappropriate behavior is not a punishable offense. If it was a report filed for the above reasons, it is likely they were either warned or they were punished in a less noticeable way, like muting.