Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Kingsisle really messed up

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 03, 2009
So lets see, if your a big pvp fan and love to play with FAIR and respectful people, then i guess quit pvp. They have done so much to ruin the fun out of pvp now. Its not just the people who are ruining its the additions themselves that they think is a "cool" or "unique" idea. Just because millions of other players like something doesnt mean we cant ban it for pvp right? same concept with arena gear, it can only be worn in the arena, in a duel. One major problem that people are having is MC unicorn. SURE it looks cool and seems cool, but when it comes to pvp it enhances luck by a rate of 50%. Today for instance, a couple of friends and i were pvping and we kill 2 of them. We hit the only one alive under a doom then uni goes off, heals them, fire bubbles and life rebirths. How is that fair for us when we just killed them and now we deal with an extended match. This exact incident happened 2 times in 1 match. Another huge problem, not letting us change our decks anymore before we enter our battle. This gives us NO CHANCE at all to set up for spamming teams which now, many people end up losing to. There is an entire list of things that ruin pvp, and all im hoping (and asking) is that this forum/post gets read by many people who truly enjoy pvp. It seems everytime we lose we lose to the exact same things which are problems that are fixable. I personally think that its because they dont want to lose members. But again what percentage of wizards on this game actually play pvp out of the 25 million who play. I think the average is about 27%. Thats a huge loss yet more than 3/4's of the community wont have to worry about pvp changes. Anyways this was out of anger and frustration of pvp and how much luck is now involved. I wish KI would realize how much more entertaining pvp was back then before critical, before insanity with sprites and unicorn. It actually took SKILL to kill someone, which even in thier own words say that Player VS Player is for skilled duelist. That doesnt seem to be the case anymore.

Sincerely your frustrated wizard!

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Yeah!!! Make Unicorn "No PvP."

While it states it heals all team members, it actually increases luck by 50% !!!!.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Quote dcurry7 "I wish KI would realize how much more entertaining pvp was back then before critical, before insanity with sprites and unicorn. It actually took SKILL to kill someone, which even in thier own words say that Player VS Player is for skilled duelist. That doesnt seem to be the case anymore."

Dcurry7,

At first I thought the same way you do now, and I really didn't like critical.
I didn't like Spritely, and when most of the "May Cast" stuff started showing up, I didn't like it either.

What changed my mind was the more I pvp'ed, the more I started to like what I saw. Criticals are not that bad, actually the Criticals that actually get to you are few (unless you are facing a Storm). The wands with Critical block do a great job, and really help.

As far as being a skilled duelist, I actually thing you have to be a better duelist now than before. Yes, there is a little more luck now, but I don't think that much more. The hits are huge now at level 70, and the battles can end quickly. You really need to be skilled, know when to shield, when to weakness, when to heal and when to attack, etc, because the windows for mistakes are smaller. I think the size of the windows is something you need to get use to by just pvping.

I can say this, get a 300-400 or so battles under your belt, and then tell me if you agree with me or not. I really think the people that get use to the new ways, will really find that they like it.
(I still don't like shatter, but that's a different topic).

Joe.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
I hope King is being sarcastic!

So, because of may cast spritely and may cast unicorn, those are the reasons you are stating that PvP is more about luck than skill?

You barely mention Critical, thank goodness you did, even if barely.

Let me put it mildly, shall I?

With the amount of critical block available, there is almost no chance for criticals to go through. So, it is lack of skill if you are defeated by criticals.

With the amount of boosts and powerful spells, if you can't defeat a person or team with spritely, or unicorn, it is a lack of skill.

Would there have been much difference if the player casted unicorn and healed the team? 3 pips for unicorn! A slight difference, but not enough to give a huge edge to a team, especially when your team can also get and use spritely pets and pets with may cast unicorn.

To blame the system, because you lack these talents or ability to critical block, that's just poor sportsmanship.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2009
The pets add a lvl to the game that is good. I do not think they are bad. yes there is luck there. but the game is based on luck it is a card spell game. you pick your spells.

the pets make it hard to get simple kills.

they can even remove dispel life, -50 on heals. this goes both ways.

on order to do great in PVP you need to invest allot of time into a pet.

as a myth wizard, I'm working on a pet now that is diffrent than my last pet.

last pet had spell proof and defy. 10 and 5
sprite and maycast dragon blade.

it never cast dragon blade so I have been hatching to get pip boost as myth has a low chance of pip boost.

having unicorn is great but that is not tha tlanet I need for my wizard.

next time cast more infections and dispel life.

I do this before a big hit. so the other wizard has to spend time to remove them while I work on second hit.

myth wizard do not normally kill with one hit as their spells are not really made for that, that is a storm wizard.

I love the pets, and if it cast a spell and removes or heals a dead wizard on the other team that is game.

it could also happen in your favor.

just add a few things to you deck to plan for this.

good luck.

yes it makes you mad but can make you happy too.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2009
darthjt wrote:

So, because of may cast spritely and may cast unicorn, those are the reasons you are stating that PvP is more about luck than skill?

With the amount of critical block available, there is almost no chance for criticals to go through. So, it is lack of skill if you are defeated by criticals.

With the amount of boosts and powerful spells, if you can't defeat a person or team with spritely, or unicorn, it is a lack of skill.

Would there have been much difference if the player casted unicorn and healed the team? 3 pips for unicorn! A slight difference, but not enough to give a huge edge to a team, especially when your team can also get and use spritely pets and pets with may cast unicorn.

To blame the system, because you lack these talents or ability to critical block, that's just poor sportsmanship.

Darthjt is going to fall out of his seat, I agree with his points.

you just need to change your wizard to battle the variables of the chance aka sprite unicorn.

cast more infections and dispel life spells before a hit works best. there are chances the pet cast more than once, but this can also happen in you favor. so plan for it. it makes the game more fun.

good luck.

oran

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
darthjt wrote:

I do not really have a problem with any of this darth but I do not like may cast unicorn and spritely when the pet over uses it. I have seen may cast unicorn go off 3-4 times in a row by the same pet which at min is 300x3= 900 for their whole team. I have seen spritely cast 6 times in a row by the same pet which is completely crazy. I do not mind some of it but I think what he is saying is he doesn't like over active pets? I mean also it just lags. When a big hit like ring of fire goes through and every pets everyone has starts using spritely 2-3 times it takes forever!! I feel like some of that should be changed or taken out of pvp. Just my opinion

Blake NightWraith

Explorer
Jan 12, 2009
fx41001 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

I do not really have a problem with any of this darth but I do not like may cast unicorn and spritely when the pet over uses it. I have seen may cast unicorn go off 3-4 times in a row by the same pet which at min is 300x3= 900 for their whole team. I have seen spritely cast 6 times in a row by the same pet which is completely crazy. I do not mind some of it but I think what he is saying is he doesn't like over active pets? I mean also it just lags. When a big hit like ring of fire goes through and every pets everyone has starts using spritely 2-3 times it takes forever!! I feel like some of that should be changed or taken out of pvp. Just my opinion

Blake NightWraith

Wow 3 to 4 times in one round better go play the lottery with those odds.

Maybe what KI could do is make pet mc a only 1 once per round. I really do not understand how a pet can cast more than one spell per round anyways a wizard can not do this. this would solve everyones problem here.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
fx41001 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Blake NightWraith

Well, nobody likes it when people spam shields, or storms spam tempest, or life spam heals. The list goes on and on.

The fact that anyone and everyone can get a pet with these talents, levels the playing field.

Is it time consuming, well, when it is not healing you, yes, it is very time consuming, however, if you were being healed, you like it and don't mind the animation as much.

The cast rates of spritely have been addressed and the community has spoken loud and clear that nobody wants the cast rate reduced, especially not for PvP players. People have spent a lot of good hard earn cash on getting pets with these talents and for a few people that want to complain about pets healing and the time it takes? WoW.

If you don't want your opponents to possibly heal, 1 shot them. It can be done for any school. Otherwise, learn to deal with pets and appreciate the help they give you.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
dcurry7 wrote:
So lets see, if your a big pvp fan and love to play with FAIR and respectful people, then i guess quit pvp. They have done so much to ruin the fun out of pvp now. Its not just the people who are ruining its the additions themselves that they think is a "cool" or "unique" idea. Just because millions of other players like something doesnt mean we cant ban it for pvp right? same concept with arena gear, it can only be worn in the arena, in a duel. One major problem that people are having is MC unicorn. SURE it looks cool and seems cool, but when it comes to pvp it enhances luck by a rate of 50%. Today for instance, a couple of friends and i were pvping and we kill 2 of them. We hit the only one alive under a doom then uni goes off, heals them, fire bubbles and life rebirths. How is that fair for us when we just killed them and now we deal with an extended match. This exact incident happened 2 times in 1 match. Another huge problem, not letting us change our decks anymore before we enter our battle. This gives us NO CHANCE at all to set up for spamming teams which now, many people end up losing to. There is an entire list of things that ruin pvp, and all im hoping (and asking) is that this forum/post gets read by many people who truly enjoy pvp. It seems everytime we lose we lose to the exact same things which are problems that are fixable. I personally think that its because they dont want to lose members. But again what percentage of wizards on this game actually play pvp out of the 25 million who play. I think the average is about 27%. Thats a huge loss yet more than 3/4's of the community wont have to worry about pvp changes. Anyways this was out of anger and frustration of pvp and how much luck is now involved. I wish KI would realize how much more entertaining pvp was back then before critical, before insanity with sprites and unicorn. It actually took SKILL to kill someone, which even in thier own words say that Player VS Player is for skilled duelist. That doesnt seem to be the case anymore.

Sincerely your frustrated wizard!
I'm guessing this is just saying how you like PvP, then hoping everyone will agree with you? I happen to find PvP very fun. There's an element of luck with everything, you juist have to take the good with the bad. If you don't like it though, you don't have to play PvP. PvE, Pet Training, Farming, all of it is fun too :)

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
From what I believe, they just want to prepare while you are out of the pvp match. Tourture huh?

Defender
May 17, 2011
i agree.

i really just do pvp for the joy of the victory afterwords. or the defeat that makes you think "must try harder. must. must. MUST!"

lol. we all have pride, right?