Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Going First

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 20, 2011
Whenever I do player vs player, I am the first person on my team in the attacking circle thingy. It doesn't matter whether it is 2vs2, 3vs3, or 4vs4. I don't have a problem with going first, I've just always wondered why. I tried seeing if it was because where I signed up for the team on the kiosk with those availability circles, but I when first no matter what. Then I tried seeing if your placement was decided by when the pvsp popped up and you click go to arena, and a check mark appears by your name and symbol of school. I thought maybe who ever click on go to arena first would be first in the fighting circle in battle, but even if I chose last on my team, I would go first anyway. So does anyone know why I go first every time in Player vs Player battles??

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
joseph7263 wrote:
Whenever I do player vs player, I am the first person on my team in the attacking circle thingy. It doesn't matter whether it is 2vs2, 3vs3, or 4vs4. I don't have a problem with going first, I've just always wondered why. I tried seeing if it was because where I signed up for the team on the kiosk with those availability circles, but I when first no matter what. Then I tried seeing if your placement was decided by when the pvsp popped up and you click go to arena, and a check mark appears by your name and symbol of school. I thought maybe who ever click on go to arena first would be first in the fighting circle in battle, but even if I chose last on my team, I would go first anyway. So does anyone know why I go first every time in Player vs Player battles??
I honestly don't know. In my experience, it's completely random. Maybe the game really likes your wizard, lol.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2011
That is a good question. Maybe it's the level order, I seem to notice that too lately. If I'm wrong, it just be by chance and it's a weird coincidence. Anyways, happy PvP!

Aaron WinterRiver
Transcended Thaumaturge

Survivor
Sep 12, 2009
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I tend to always be first as well, but that is because I typically play practice pvp and I always sit first. If I create the table and then stand up when someone else sits and change seats I move from going first to going something else, so the order in which you sit determines the order of your placement.

Survivor
Oct 01, 2010
I think it has something to do with your internet speed. I play at work and our internet is much faster than just a single household and I always go first. The few times I havent were when my computer lagged for a min or something slowed it down like another program running.

I think you go first in arena because your computer reaches the arena first!