Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Huge leveling problem with Grizzleheim

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 06, 2011
I am Level 50 and just beat Mirkholm Keep (only because i did MooShu and Dragonspyre before i went back to Grizzleheim) and then went to the Hall of Valor followed by Ravenscar. I noticed an enormous jump in boss difficulty, boss health and leveling, and even regular enemies health boosted so far up that I was so surprised that a Level 40 is expected to defeat three near-Malistaire caliber and a minion of 1,110 health. I mean I know the king said Jotun was a fierce warrior, but he didn't mention the drastic health of the three bosses, or that there would even be three bosses! Then Ravenscar, I understand, is the gateway-type scenario to Wintertusk, but Wintertusk is nearly easier than all of this garbage!

Ian Crowrider
Grandmaster (Level 50)
Sorcerer
The Floating Land

Survivor
Nov 26, 2011
yeah i just got to jotun and i cant even find him. how do you find him?

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
I just got back to wizard 101 after like 2 years, but grizzleheim seems pretty hard, but for some reason my Balance level 40 had no problem getting up to fight Jotun, or if I'm mistaken you said it gets harder after you beat him?

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
KingCobra022 wrote:
I am Level 50 and just beat Mirkholm Keep (only because i did MooShu and Dragonspyre before i went back to Grizzleheim) and then went to the Hall of Valor followed by Ravenscar. I noticed an enormous jump in boss difficulty, boss health and leveling, and even regular enemies health boosted so far up that I was so surprised that a Level 40 is expected to defeat three near-Malistaire caliber and a minion of 1,110 health. I mean I know the king said Jotun was a fierce warrior, but he didn't mention the drastic health of the three bosses, or that there would even be three bosses! Then Ravenscar, I understand, is the gateway-type scenario to Wintertusk, but Wintertusk is nearly easier than all of this garbage!

Ian Crowrider
Grandmaster (Level 50)
Sorcerer
The Floating Land

When you go to Nidavellier to fight Jotun, there are actually three areas in there.

Here is a link that shows the three areas, along with some helpful info on each area:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showpost.php?p=137877&postcount=6

When I did this quest, I did the first two areas, which eliminated two of Jotun's side helpers. So when I got to him, it was just him that I had to handle. It was still hard, but more manageable than all three of them at one time.

Hope this helps.

Explorer
Feb 12, 2012
thats because when you finish ravenscar and get to wintertusk xp boosts ALOT