Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How did you find out about Wizard101?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 05, 2011
This is a topic to discuss how different players found out about Wizard101 and what their first thoughts of it were.

I discovered Wizard101 by looking on an MMO review website after I discovered my previously favorite MMO was going to be discontinued, I won't mention any names. And I was looking on a list of Family-Friendly MMOs and this one caught my eye, I then discovered it was free, I got it and I soon bought subscription 'cause I loved it so much :D.

Jasmine IceBringer

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I discovered this when I searched for a new fantasy mmo involving magic users and spells.

I gave this a try for the heck of it, and fell in love with it.

Survivor
May 24, 2009
Not long after the game had started, I saw a commercial on television. It looked super interesting so I asked my parents if I could sign up. They never realized that I would become so totally addicted and it would take up half of my life lol
What they thought was that I would do some free trial and that would be it, but we ended up with a subscription, crowns, hours of me playing non-stop and now writing fanfiction for it. This game is totally the best!

Defender
Nov 18, 2011
well one day i was on youtube poking about and found a trailer of it and thats how i found this magifcent glorious fantasic great lovely awsome game

Explorer
Nov 07, 2009
I first saw it on an online games site (one that generally only does flash games) I clicked the link out of interest , created my wizard, then signed up just to see what it would be like. Now I love it!

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
I started playing it when I heard my friends bragging of how awesome it was, and when I did start playing it, this is a self-portrait: Lolz.

Defender
May 31, 2011
I saw an advertisement for it on a virtual pet site I was playing on. I liked it right away and got a subscription to the game one or two days after I started.

Defender
Nov 05, 2011
My first impretions of the game were sort of Harry Potter-ish, but once I got into the game a bit more, I discovered it was 20 times better than all the Harry Potter books combined :D (and the films ).

But I thought the house quiz thing was a security thing at first, what a fool I was (so therefore that's how my main character got the name Jasmine ICEBringer when I later discovered she was actually balance )

And can I say thanks for posting on this topic, I much appreciate it

Jasime IceBringer

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
My grandson started me on it, we did a lot of quests together along with his sister, we made some very good friends. They have since moved on to another online games but I stayed behind.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2012
My girlfriend told me about it about a month or so ago. We played together for a bit, but she blazed past me in levels cause she plays more than I do because of my job. She's lvl38 and I am lvl16.

This is just one among many games we play together.

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
I heard about it in August, 10, 2010 (How Ironic, i joined the same date a Year later!) but i thought it was one of those boring violent typical fighting games. So i waited a Year later... Before joining, i saw a Video of it. It looked exciting, so i decided to join.

Now im COMPLETELY Hooked to it!!! :D

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Well, one day I was watching TV and saw the Celestia Commercial (Might have spelled that wrong). I took the test, and turned out I'm ice. But right now I'm fire.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010