Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do i need to train my foo dog?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 09, 2011
I got a foo dog from a pack, and it already knew sunbird. i know there are so many other kinds and they all know three pip spells when they hatch, but are there any benifits if i train it? i'm not really liking the games they have at the pavilion, but it its worth my time, ill go and train. i just need to know what it will learn, if it will learn anything at all.

Ian Mythgiver level 38 myth

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
ichen123 wrote:
I got a foo dog from a pack, and it already knew sunbird. i know there are so many other kinds and they all know three pip spells when they hatch, but are there any benifits if i train it? i'm not really liking the games they have at the pavilion, but it its worth my time, ill go and train. i just need to know what it will learn, if it will learn anything at all.

they learn several helpful talents
so ya train it

Survivor
Jun 05, 2011
If it has any rare things I would train it but otherwise I would not because for me it would be a waste of time cuz the pet games suck :(

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
ichen123 wrote:

I would train it. There are a lot of good talents it can learn:
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Sunfire_Foo_Dog

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Well, it actually depends on if you like damage boosts, accuracy boosts, resistance, and other helpful talents. If you don't care for any of these, then no, don't train the pet. If you do want your pet to help you and boost you, then yes, you need to train your pets.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Pretty much all the talents on any pet can be found here.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:First_Generation_Pets

I agree the pet training routine is tedious. Even with snacks they like or love it's a slow go and after a while the games do wear on you. Of all my pets I don't have any to Epic. Usually if they don't get a trait I like by adult I give up.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
My Fiendish Foo Dog has Spritely, my Sunfire FD casts smokescreen and gives me a fireblade. My Lavender FD casts a storm trap... Derby talents are so-so... Lavender has Hurry, but that's about it for derby. The rest are common... :(

Don't know if this will help, but it's what mine have....