Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sell Crown Items for Crowns

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 18, 2010
I was wondering why can't we sell crown items to get crowns, i have a ton of crown items i don't need anymore and since i've bought them with crowns why can't i sell them to get a ittle bit of crowns back from selling? does anyone else agree?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
LighDealth wrote:
I was wondering why can't we sell crown items to get crowns, i have a ton of crown items i don't need anymore and since i've bought them with crowns why can't i sell them to get a ittle bit of crowns back from selling? does anyone else agree?

Because KI wouldn't actually make money that way. Instead of buying items, you would simply be renting them. Example, KI would make higher level crowns gear, but never make any money, since everyone would trade their old gear in for crowns and buy the new stuff.

If it was 25% of original value or something, maybe.....

Survivor
May 07, 2009
LighDealth wrote:

This would be nice but KI would never do that. It would cost them money because you would be exchanging items for crowns rather than buying more crowns to get other items.

Defender
Jul 09, 2011
They aren't sold for crowns due to the fact that people would farm bosses for crown items then sell them and get crowns without having to pay ,thus making Kingsisle lose out on money.

Explorer
Feb 19, 2011
You can get crown items in other ways besides paying crowns for them. They often get dropped as loot. Some plants give you a profit in seeds - I only ever bought one King Parsley and now two of my wizards each have dozens of them.

So if you could cash in crown items for money KI would lose on the deal.

The other reason is that any game that pays cash out to its players is at risk of coming under gambling laws, not to mention having to register its players with the income tax authorities.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009