Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mastery Amulets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 28, 2011
I am uncertain if this is something that I have a misconception about. I was under the impression that with an Amulet of Mastery, you will obtain a Power Pip when casted a spell in relation to that amulet. I had purchased the Death Mastery Amulet, as I am a Life Wizard, but as I cast my death spells I noticed that I sometimes will recieve a Power Pip, but that makes me wonder if that is just my 59% chance at a Power Pip and not the amulet itself.

Am I misunderstanding the Death Mastery Amulet? Is it a chance at a Power Pip or should it be giving me one when after I cast a death spell?

Confused Wizard.

Survivor
Feb 03, 2009
Mastery amulets do not affect the chance of obtaining a power pip.
Power pips count double, but only for your school. For instance, if you are a myth wizard and have a power pip, you will be able to cast a rank 2 myth spell. A mastery amulet allows power pips to count double for its school. If you are a myth wizard wearing a life mastery amulet, with a power pip you may cast a rank 2 life spell.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
fitness4u wrote:
I am uncertain if this is something that I have a misconception about. I was under the impression that with an Amulet of Mastery, you will obtain a Power Pip when casted a spell in relation to that amulet. I had purchased the Death Mastery Amulet, as I am a Life Wizard, but as I cast my death spells I noticed that I sometimes will recieve a Power Pip, but that makes me wonder if that is just my 59% chance at a Power Pip and not the amulet itself.

Am I misunderstanding the Death Mastery Amulet? Is it a chance at a Power Pip or should it be giving me one when after I cast a death spell?

Confused Wizard.

The mastery amulet has nothing to do with you gaining a power pip, but rather allows you more spells to use with that power pip. If your life and you have a death mastery amulet, it allows you to use death spells exactly like a death wizard (less overall pips, than those without an amulet).

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Mastery amulets do not give power pips.

Mastery amulets allow you to use spells the same way you use your school spells.

In other words:

Satyr costs 4 pips or 2 power pips to cast, if you are life, or if you have a life mastery amulet.

Poison costs 4 pips or 2 power pips to cast, if you are death, or if you have a death mastery amulet.

Does this help?

Defender
Jul 09, 2011
Actually it means that when you cast Death spells, you can use power pips towards them. If you were to use the Wraith spell, then instead of having to use 6 regular pips you can use 3 power pips, just like if you would have cast a Life spell.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
fitness4u wrote:

Confused Wizard.

Hi- you've misunderstood the description is all. Mastery amulets don't boost your power-pip chance at all... they simply allow you to use power pips for another school's spells.

For example:

Sestiva is my Storm wizard, who has life as a secondary. Power pips count double, but ONLY for her Storm spells- meaning that, with 2 power pips, she could either cast a Kraken or a Pixie.

If she was wearing a Life mastery amulet, two power pips would let her cast either a Kraken or a Seraph. Her power-pip chance would not change, but they would now count double for both Storm and Life spells.

I hope that clears things up. ;)

El Veeb/Shadowsong/Sestiva

Survivor
Aug 31, 2009
fitness4u wrote:

Confused Wizard.

Sorry, You are confused, the mastery amulets let you USE power pips for that school has nothing to do with generating them.