Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Weather and time zones

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 21, 2009
Wouldn't be fascinating to log in into wizard101 and saw that it was raining just like in the tutorial when making your wizard? Yes raining. My idea that I had was that KI would create time zones(day and night) or/and weather (rain, sunny, partly cloudy leaves falling-Halloween time, snowing-Christmas time)This would add a more spice and less boredom to the game.

Would be great if this has occurred?

If you think any of the two or the two(weather and time zones) could be possibilities post a reply and maybe they (KI) will consider.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2011
Survivor
Aug 10, 2011
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I'm not fond of the whole day-to-night progression idea as well as the weather idea. The weather and perpetual time of day in every world is imperative to that world's theme and tone. It's perpetual night in Marleybone because it's a crime-filled world and it's supposed to enhance the mysteriousness of the world. It's always snowing in Wintertusk because...well, it's Wintertusk. So, to be honest, it wouldn't be great if this occurred. It'd be strange to walk into Krokotopia and see it's raining or to walk into Dragonspyre and it be a clear, sunny day.

Explorer
Feb 12, 2012
i kind of have to agree with the last person it would be too weird heres an example say the day before this update you arrange to meet a friend in dragonspyre or marleybone a world your used too it never being daylight in so you walk right through the spiral door and suddenly theres sun shining on ruined buildings of dragonspyre or through the windows of marleybones spiral chamber too weird honestly i love wizard101 the way it is but hey dont feel bad just because me and a couple other may find it a bit strange doesnt mean your idea wasnt good what the heck i bet you could be a game designer someday with that kind of creative thinking or maybe even work for one the games you play now who knows

"Life Is A Game And It all Depends On How You Play" Firewizardfans New Sign Off

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
I'm not fond of the whole day-to-night progression idea as well as the weather idea. The weather and perpetual time of day in every world is imperative to that world's theme and tone. It's perpetual night in Marleybone because it's a crime-filled world and it's supposed to enhance the mysteriousness of the world. It's always snowing in Wintertusk because...well, it's Wintertusk. So, to be honest, it wouldn't be great if this occurred. It'd be strange to walk into Krokotopia and see it's raining or to walk into Dragonspyre and it be a clear, sunny day.

I think that he meant certain worlds would get certain weather. Like Wizard city could be like new york or one of those nearby states, 4 full evenly divided 3 month seasons. Austrilund could have little tornados and high winds... Dragonspyre could have ERUPTIONS! :) But nice big vocab, very filled.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Ronster55 wrote:
I think that he meant certain worlds would get certain weather. Like Wizard city could be like new york or one of those nearby states, 4 full evenly divided 3 month seasons. Austrilund could have little tornados and high winds... Dragonspyre could have ERUPTIONS! :) But nice big vocab, very filled.

I'm still not a fan. I know what it's like to work on a slow computer, and even though I have a new one now I know that this stuff on top of everything else that goes on in the worlds of the Spiral would kill my old computer. Also, not every place in Wizard City has the same weather. And Dragonspyre does have small eruptions from time to time.

Survivor
Apr 21, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Ronster55 wrote:

I'm still not a fan. I know what it's like to work on a slow computer, and even though I have a new one now I know that this stuff on top of everything else that goes on in the worlds of the Spiral would kill my old computer. Also, not every place in Wizard City has the same weather. And Dragonspyre does have small eruptions from time to time.

When i had this idea, I didn't have it for the other worlds, I was thinking of Wizard City and based the whole idea on the specific event of the tutorial(when the storm happened and Malistaire appeared). So please mind that this idea is not appropriated for every world, but just the worlds that seems associable with it. For example Wintertusk and other similar worlds are pretty stuck with their indelible weather; though only one slight effect might occured a slow storm. Fire storms are pretty stuck with the lava streaming all over but as mention in comment an eruption would be nice. Zafaria is as based on Africa and Africa does have its seasons "no snow though" we can keep Zafaria with its beauty. Krokotopia is based on Egypt and remindful that it does rain in Egypt but barely and when night occured it gets really cold, but we don't want to walk in a dark Krokotopia so Kro... is out. The rest of the worlds pretty obvious so i'll leave it at that.