Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Text Chat Problem

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 03, 2009
I've always been able to use text chat with no problem, and I am over 13. I was also using it a few minutes ago. I went to do something, came back, and logged in and when I typed something in it wouldn't show. My chat balloon setting is on "show".

So I went to My Accounts, and looked under it. Filtered Chat was turned off, and I was unable to turn it back on. I looked at my birthday settings, and it showed 2001. My parents are unable to log in to Parent Controls...

Administrator
Parental controls were enabled from your computer and your chat was changed through those parental controls. All of these changes happened on through a computer at your house, not someone else's.

Someone in your household accessed your account and revoked your chat and other privileges. I suggest you take this matter up with your parents, as they should be the only ones who had the parental control password and email address.

If it is their decision to limit your chat, that is their right and we will honor it.
If you believe your account was compromised, we can ban the account to further protect your personal information.

community@wizard101.com