Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Limit to Leveling

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I have seen posts suggesting various things for the upcoming new worlds and the presumed level increase with them. What many don't consider is that at some point, leveling should be maxed. The game has already seen 2 level increases so far, and the limit is pretty much there. Instead of adding levels every time we have a new story, KI should add more content to the classes. As it stands right now,every class wizard is pretty much the same as every other. We need things that will add to the originality of our individual wizard. There are many additions to consider,just a few suggestions would be:
1)sub-classes of the various wizards to branch off into
2) add many more spells to choose from for each rank.That way people would have more options when it comes to playing and designing their decks.
3) add multiple quest paths/options. Everyone does the same quest progression now. We need different quest paths to follow based on the choice of what we think is right for our wizard.
4) add lots of unique armor/pet/spell/wand quests etc.
5) expand on crafting. It is in serious need of a enhancement, it pales when compared to most other mmorpg's crafting.
6) Add new primary wizard schools
7) Add more secondary school options
8) Fishing! It's a lot of fun in most mmorpg's that use it.
the list goes on and on.........
In summary,the game needs more diversion and quality added to keep people interested.The tired process of just adding levels will only serve to foster boredom, and ultimately cause the subs to be canceled. Endless leveling is not the answer, quality content is. :D

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
A person that thinks exactly like me. Oh yes! I love you!

That is what I have been saying in response to nearly every topic about level increases.

Explorer
Feb 12, 2012
there is a major problem to your suggestion

1: They have to increase levels in order for you to get new spells thats the entire point of levels no levels no spells no spells no magic no magic no game

Survivor
Apr 21, 2009
Ya you're right about the leveling part but leveling will never stop but endless leveling is boring without other things to do but remember the main goal of the game is save the spiral which is more like a mission or crisis, you don't have time to fish and relax. Wizard101 isn't like most mmorpgs ex:free realms where you can do these varieties but yes leveling up only is boredom but relaxation is not one of them to fix it. The answer is something most of us can agree to that will spice and relate to the game

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Firewizardfan wrote:

1: They have to increase levels in order for you to get new spells thats the entire point of levels no levels no spells no spells no magic no magic no game

No they don't. They can add new spells to the levels we already have. Many mmorpg's have fallen victim to the endless leveling,and the result is always the same......people lose interest,and go elsewhere.

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
Well I have to disagree on this some, because I do like leveling up my wizards. I think the lvl cap should max out at 100. Then when we reach 100 implement what you said. I like the idea you said of schools branching off. Maybe there could be splits between schools where when they reach the max level they could then choose one of say 4-5 different spells to learn when there are new spells added. I think that would add creativity and make the game more challenging. This could happen every time at any update also.

Survivor
May 07, 2009
Pyrsik wrote:
Firewizardfan wrote:

No they don't. They can add new spells to the levels we already have. Many mmorpg's have fallen victim to the endless leveling,and the result is always the same......people lose interest,and go elsewhere.

This. Just make the new spells quest rewards and not have a level required. (Maybe a certain level to get to the world but not a level to get the spell)

Possibly make a world with different factions. Each wizard can choose only one per character and each path has different spells/armor/wands he/she can eventually get access to.

Defender
Nov 18, 2011
well i didnt read u post properly i normaly just read the tittle .. but u never know they might be working on it

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Jallen02 wrote:
Possibly make a world with different factions. Each wizard can choose only one per character and each path has different spells/armor/wands he/she can eventually get access to.

Exactly. :D

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I enjoy leveling. My storm still needs a lot more health. The additional levels don't add a lot to player stats anymore as you level as they used to. The health benifit going from 60 to 70 wasn't that large, and from 70 to 80 would even be a smaller percentage unless it comes mostly from new gear. There is no reason to cap levels.

Survivor
Dec 25, 2011
First of all KI will probably make the level cap to 130 and rank 14 spells then the game would progress from there.

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
Pyrsik wrote:
I have seen posts suggesting various things for the upcoming new worlds and the presumed level increase with them. What many don't consider is that at some point, leveling should be maxed. The game has already seen 2 level increases so far, and the limit is pretty much there. Instead of adding levels every time we have a new story, KI should add more content to the classes. As it stands right now,every class wizard is pretty much the same as every other. We need things that will add to the originality of our individual wizard. There are many additions to consider,just a few suggestions would be:
1)sub-classes of the various wizards to branch off into
2) add many more spells to choose from for each rank.That way people would have more options when it comes to playing and designing their decks.
3) add multiple quest paths/options. Everyone does the same quest progression now. We need different quest paths to follow based on the choice of what we think is right for our wizard.
4) add lots of unique armor/pet/spell/wand quests etc.
5) expand on crafting. It is in serious need of a enhancement, it pales when compared to most other mmorpg's crafting.
6) Add new primary wizard schools
7) Add more secondary school options
8) Fishing! It's a lot of fun in most mmorpg's that use it.
the list goes on and on.........
In summary,the game needs more diversion and quality added to keep people interested.The tired process of just adding levels will only serve to foster boredom, and ultimately cause the subs to be canceled. Endless leveling is not the answer, quality content is. :D

I think that's a bad idea because wizards love to level up and get more xp and more health and mana, better clothes and stats.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
seasnake wrote:
There is no reason to cap levels.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I listed just a few of some very valid reasons to stop leveling. Consider this by using fire wizard as an example:
Meteor Shower spell
Fire Dragon
Volcano....

So what comes next? I cant think of anything that will outclass a full blown explosion of a volcano,even a nuclear explosion pales in comparison. An asteroid strike perhaps? The point being is that there comes a time for a max level. Have we reached it yet?If not we are certainly very close.Just adding levels for the sake of just adding levels,will serve nothing but to foster boredom,and cause people to leave game.It would be far better to add content to the levels we already have.Ask EQ.or EQ2,or WoW, or any of the other big mmorpg's hows the adding endless levels working for them?It's not. They have learned the hard way that there is no shortcut for adding quality.Again think what you want,but I hope KI doesn't fall into this miasma that has ruined the potential of these other games.

Explorer
Aug 10, 2009
Ok, I partly agree, and parlay don't. I say, add this stuff and keep levels. No one suggested that yet

Survivor
Jul 08, 2011
They're not going to add all of these things. Plus, you're forgetting if we get new spells, we should get larger decks if we want them. We didn't even get that option, for level 70. I keep getting new spells through card packs, secondary schools, Celestian spells, etc. And I can't find a place for them, without removing spells I enjoy using. I've already removed quite a bit from my deck, just to make room. I have a second deck, but something a bit larger, would do the trick. I don't see any harm with leveling higher than 70, right now. I don't want the game to end, I'd like it to continue with new worlds and such. I'm already in Zafaria right now, and yes I know I can create more wizards but--I already have 4 of them. I'd rather just continue on, with what I'm doing.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
i agree in part. I think that branching out into different paths of spells would be an amazing addition, and as a poster said, fractions even epicer erm, epicish, whatever! but i don't ike the idea fo fishing, what I would like is more stuff to do with Pets! but i agree, there needs to be a cap on levels

Peace- Matthew GoldThorn