Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Storm spell. Shocktopus.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 29, 2010
Okay, lets see if this next spell idea is more or less creepy than my last one. Since Storm has allot of sea creatures I thought the octopus should be one of them. Well anyway here is my new spell idea. Shocktopus: 900 Storm damage, remove one positive charm, stun for 1 round and -50% accuracy to all enemies. This is how the spell will go. A splashy deep tidepool appears on the battlefield with rocks surrounding it and seaweed and other small marine creatures on them. Bubbles begin to come up from underneath the water and long dark purple tentacles sparking with electric energy, rise up out of the water. The head of the Shocktopus breaks the surface of the water and opens its eyes revealing large, glowing blue eyes. Its entire body begins to spark and crackle with rage. Blades and traps activate. The Shocktopus wraps its two front tentacles around the enemy and they begin to glow purple and crackle and spark then BLAM! An explosive force of electrical energy explodes under the tentacles on the enemy delivering the 900 damage. The Shocktopus then does this to all enemies. After shocking all the enemies one positive charm (if they have any) is removed. The Shocktopus then leans backwards showing its large beak then fires a jet of black sticky ink from its beak at the enemy one at a time stunning them. The -50% accuracy charm appears on each enemy and then the Shocktopus sinks back beneath the water and the rocks vanish. Sound good?

P.S. I'm sorry if any of the readers have a phobia of giant squids or octopus.

Wolf Nightbreeze, Transcended Theurgist.

Explorer
Aug 10, 2009
Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
achilles398 wrote:
Okay, lets see if this next spell idea is more or less creepy than my last one. Since Storm has allot of sea creatures I thought the octopus should be one of them. Well anyway here is my new spell idea. Shocktopus: 900 Storm damage, remove one positive charm, stun for 1 round and -50% accuracy to all enemies.

I just wanted to see how it would be.
Ok, I like it, seems like sirens damage wise, but I actually like it. Maybe 950 damage though.

achilles398 wrote:

LOL!

Defender
Sep 29, 2010
wizguygoo wrote:
I can only say one thing for this: O.O

So......do you like it?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Regardless of what it does or how it looks, the name alone should be a spell....

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I actually like the sound of this. The only thing that irks me is the ridiculous amount of effects. Storm isn't really about all of those effects (yes, I know Mermaids kinda proves otherwise); it's about raw power.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
achilles398 wrote:
Okay, lets see if this next spell idea is more or less creepy than my last one. Since Storm has allot of sea creatures I thought the octopus should be one of them. Well anyway here is my new spell idea. Shocktopus: 900 Storm damage, remove one positive charm, stun for 1 round and -50% accuracy to all enemies. This is how the spell will go. A splashy deep tidepool appears on the battlefield with rocks surrounding it and seaweed and other small marine creatures on them. Bubbles begin to come up from underneath the water and long dark purple tentacles sparking with electric energy, rise up out of the water. The head of the Shocktopus breaks the surface of the water and opens its eyes revealing large, glowing blue eyes. Its entire body begins to spark and crackle with rage. Blades and traps activate. The Shocktopus wraps its two front tentacles around the enemy and they begin to glow purple and crackle and spark then BLAM! An explosive force of electrical energy explodes under the tentacles on the enemy delivering the 900 damage. The Shocktopus then does this to all enemies. After shocking all the enemies one positive charm (if they have any) is removed. The Shocktopus then leans backwards showing its large beak then fires a jet of black sticky ink from its beak at the enemy one at a time stunning them. The -50% accuracy charm appears on each enemy and then the Shocktopus sinks back beneath the water and the rocks vanish. Sound good?

Seems a bit overpowered, sorry.

Defender
Sep 29, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
I actually like the sound of this. The only thing that irks me is the ridiculous amount of effects. Storm isn't really about all of those effects (yes, I know Mermaids kinda proves otherwise); it's about raw power.

I'm just happy to see I'm getting better comments on this spell idea than my last one.

Survivor
May 07, 2009
This sounds a lot like my giant squid spell idea I posted a few days ago. Glad to see we are on the same page!

Defender
Sep 29, 2010
bionaknight wrote:
achilles398 wrote:

Seems a bit overpowered, sorry.

So the animation is fine, its just over powered?

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
I like the spell, but in the damage, and all enemies, the -50%, stun, like sirens, and storm lord, but good. I'm storm so if it happens...

Defender
Sep 29, 2010
Jallen02 wrote:
This sounds a lot like my giant squid spell idea I posted a few days ago. Glad to see we are on the same page!

Great minds think alike, I suppose.

Explorer
Sep 04, 2008
it isnt fair if storm gets new spells, but every other class doesnt

Defender
Sep 29, 2010
cat4hurricane4 wrote:

Bud, I thought of new spells for myth and for death. https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/47209.ftl https://www.wizard101.com/posts/preList/47320/264140.ftl

Survivor
Sep 14, 2010
cat4hurricane4 wrote:

Well then death could have a werewolf right?
heres the animation: Everything goes dark then you hear a howl
and the a black shadowy figure appears and then BOOM! the wolf explodes out of the bushes and pounces on to each enimy dealing about 500 damage then howls and leaves a damage over time thing ( Dealing 150 for 3 rounds with a total damage of 950 damage.

like it?

-Wolf Moonstalker-
The new necromaster

Defender
Sep 29, 2010
Moonwerewolf wrote:
cat4hurricane4 wrote:

and the a black shadowy figure appears and then BOOM! the wolf explodes out of the bushes and pounces on to each enimy dealing about 500 damage then howls and leaves a damage over time thing ( Dealing 150 for 3 rounds with a total damage of 950 damage.

like it?

-Wolf Moonstalker-
The new necromaster

This is to discuss my Shocktopus spell, not a werewolf spell. If you want to make a new topic for a werewolf spell then go ahead, but please do NOT hijack my post.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2010
Armiger
May 10, 2010
achilles398 wrote:

I pretty much love your spell idea. Hope you don't mind, but I am going to use it in my rank 10 spells post. I am going to change the damage as yours is a bit overpowered, but hopefully, you will like what I have done with it.

Great idea though.

Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
Defender
Sep 29, 2010
darthjt wrote:
achilles398 wrote:

I pretty much love your spell idea. Hope you don't mind, but I am going to use it in my rank 10 spells post. I am going to change the damage as yours is a bit overpowered, but hopefully, you will like what I have done with it.

Great idea though.

I really didn't think anyone would like my idea enough to comment on it. I'm glad to see I was wrong.^^

Explorer
Dec 28, 2010
wow you all think its over powered? LOL for storm that underpowered storm is about best damage and hits so give me big hit make make big BOOM BOOM

Defender
May 05, 2010
I think it's fairly weak, take Leviathan for example, it does 1030 damage and remove 2 charms for 8 pips.

I think "shocktopus" could have an effect like this.

EDIT: 1330-1410 and -50% acc

As a reminder, storm is responsible for high, insane damage.
Don't complain, because what is storm when it only deals 300 damage flat, and remove charms?

Wolf D. Transcendent working his way to Archmage.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
Great idea! You're quite creative my friend! I would love to see if you could come out with a new Life spell! Anyways nice creativity! :D

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Really nice visual I got from your post. I like it.

However, I wonder why all the late level spells always have to have some effect to them. Just straight forward, simple damage.

Since the Shocktopus sprays out black ink, I'd say -50% much like the Sirens.

As another little graphical effect, have the Sirens pop up as if the caster were using a Sirens spell, but the Sirens summon the Shocktopus!

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
Moonwerewolf wrote:
cat4hurricane4 wrote:

like it?

-Wolf Moonstalker-
The new necromaster

that is extremely underpowered, basically a gargantuaned skeletal dragon.