Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New School In Next World: The School Off Air

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 12, 2012
Heres my idea for the next new school Air

Description: Air Magic Or Mimoency Is Calm And Peaceful ,It Does Not Hurry But It Also Does Not Slow Air Magic Is The Ultimate Magical Art While It Takes Long To Master It Is Worth The Time And Power It Takes To Harness And Perform Masters Of Air Are Also Masters Of Peace And Harmony Those Who Have Harnessed Universal Energy And Found Inner Peace Or Enlightment The School Colors Are Cloud White And Cloud Grey While The School Gem Is Diamond Famous Mimoencists Include The Buddha

So What Do You Think Of My Idea

Defender
May 17, 2011
Firewizardfan wrote:

Description: Air Magic Or Mimoency Is Calm And Peaceful ,It Does Not Hurry But It Also Does Not Slow Air Magic Is The Ultimate Magical Art While It Takes Long To Master It Is Worth The Time And Power It Takes To Harness And Perform Masters Of Air Are Also Masters Of Peace And Harmony Those Who Have Harnessed Universal Energy And Found Inner Peace Or Enlightment The School Colors Are Cloud White And Cloud Grey While The School Gem Is Diamond Famous Mimoencists Include The Buddha

sounds like a life wizard with a secondary of storm. we already have air. storm rules the wind, skys, storms, and seas.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Firewizardfan wrote:

From what I can tell, it seems to much like Life in personality and Storm in appearence. What is it's focus attribute, like Storm is damage and Ice is defense? What is their amount of health? What are some of their spells? And what is the next world you were talking about?

Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Sorry, I was too distracted by your incorrect use of "off" and capitalization of every word. What were you saying?

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Lol AkihiroHattori5. L O L.

I believe Air school is perfectly valid. If anything, it could be a support school much like the astral schools.

Explorer
Feb 12, 2012
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Sorry, I was too distracted by your incorrect use of "off" and capitalization of every word. What were you saying?

um exscuse me mr grumpy but i didnt even put the word off in the post

Explorer
Feb 12, 2012
correction air is nothing like life or storm its focus is weakening the monster your dueling ,some of the spells are

Mist-Decreases enemies spell usage (sort of an advantage)

Wind Whip- 450-600 Damage To Target (animation would be a blast of air and clouds tangle aroudn the monster and squeeze it then let go whipping it making it fall over before fading)

there enough proof that its original?

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Firewizardfan wrote:

First, I'm not some dwarf from a Disney film. My username is clearly displayed in bold font to the left of my post. Second, last time I checked the title read "New School In Next World: The School Off Air", not "New School In Next World: The School Of Air". And yes, that did cause me some confusion. Third, despite the fact that your original post had nearly every word capitalized and was almost completely devoid of any kind of punctuation, I did read it. I'm not a fan of it; it sounds too powerful and it rivals if not surpasses Balance, which is supposed to be the most powerful school and in a class of its own. I don't really know how you're going to distinguish this school from Life or Storm. Also, according to Google, "mimoency" is not a word. The other schools' proper names are legitimate words.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2011
That would be so cool I would like new spells but they have to add a teacher in in wizard city.

Explorer
Feb 12, 2012
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Firewizardfan wrote:

First, I'm not some dwarf from a Disney film. My username is clearly displayed in bold font to the left of my post. Second, last time I checked the title read "New School In Next World: The School Off Air", not "New School In Next World: The School Of Air". And yes, that did cause me some confusion. Third, despite the fact that your original post had nearly every word capitalized and was almost completely devoid of any kind of punctuation, I did read it. I'm not a fan of it; it sounds too powerful and it rivals if not surpasses Balance, which is supposed to be the most powerful school and in a class of its own. I don't really know how you're going to distinguish this school from Life or Storm. Also, according to Google, "mimoency" is not a word. The other schools' proper names are legitimate words.

well neither is pyromancy or necromancy and who cares if i got one letter wrong and didnt notice it besides you never actually said it was the title you directly pointed me to the post itself you need to just stop posting bad comments bad comments are useless ,a waste of typing and they hurt feelings

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Firewizardfan wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Firewizardfan wrote:

well neither is pyromancy or necromancy and who cares if i got one letter wrong and didnt notice it besides you never actually said it was the title you directly pointed me to the post itself you need to just stop posting bad comments bad comments are useless ,a waste of typing and they hurt feelings

It's an open forum leading to open opinions. If no one disagreed with anything, then everyone would be saying yes.

Pyromancy is actually a word, it has a definition to it:
A mage/possessor of fire (I'm too lazy to open up a dictionary)
Necromancy/necromancer has a meaning to it also: A ressurector or possessor of the dead. (Again, I'm too lazy to open up a dictionary)

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Firewizardfan wrote:

Actually, they are:

Pyromancy- noun; divination by fire, or by forms appearing to fire

Necromancy- noun: 1) a method of divination through alleged communication with the dead; black art. 2) magic in general, especially that practiced by a witch or sorcerer; sorcery; witchcraft; conjuration.

Source: Dictionary.com

Anyway, I didn't mention it was specifically in the title since the title is kinda hard to miss. Lastly, I will admit to being a bit brash, but that was only because I don't appreciate being referred to as "grumpy" for pointing out poor use of English in text. I will not, however, apologize for writing a "bad comment" because I didn't write a "bad comment". Just because I disagreed with you doesn't mean I'm wrong, and if everyone in the Forum agreed there'd be on point in having one.

Explorer
Feb 12, 2012
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Firewizardfan wrote:

Actually, they are:

Pyromancy- noun; divination by fire, or by forms appearing to fire

Necromancy- noun: 1) a method of divination through alleged communication with the dead; black art. 2) magic in general, especially that practiced by a witch or sorcerer; sorcery; witchcraft; conjuration.

Source: Dictionary.com

Anyway, I didn't mention it was specifically in the title since the title is kinda hard to miss. Lastly, I will admit to being a bit brash, but that was only because I don't appreciate being referred to as "grumpy" for pointing out poor use of English in text. I will not, however, apologize for writing a "bad comment" because I didn't write a "bad comment". Just because I disagreed with you doesn't mean I'm wrong, and if everyone in the Forum agreed there'd be on point in having one.

bad comments is another way of referring to mean comments so you know what lets just end this fight and if you dont like the idea then at least say it nicely

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Firewizardfan wrote:
bad comments is another way of referring to mean comments so you know what lets just end this fight and if you dont like the idea then at least say it nicely

Uh, no. There's a difference between a bad comment and a mean comment, and even then I didn't write a mean comment. Rude, maybe, but not mean. And I did state my opinion on your idea nicely.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2010
Explorer
Feb 12, 2012
wolfblood881 wrote:
i like the idea :D

thank you its nice to see someone who likes my ideas after all the bashing ive been getting lately just because i think it would be nice to add a new school or give a current one some more power

Survivor
Nov 13, 2011
Firewizardfan wrote:
wolfblood881 wrote:
i like the idea :D

thank you its nice to see someone who likes my ideas after all the bashing ive been getting lately just because i think it would be nice to add a new school or give a current one some more power

I agree with Hattori, It sounds way too over-powerful and a serious rip-off of Storm. I mean

Storms Windstorm has that right there, Plus Sandstorm is based of Sand and Wind, I'm pretty sure there's a spell with Icy Wind. All of this has Air in it and it's all over the place. I don't think that it would have a place in W101. None of the schools need more power though, they all are good they are the way they are currently and KI should all add onto them at the same time. Plus he's right every school is based of a REAL school of magic. These concepts have been made as early as the Middle Ages. There has never been a concept on the manipulation of solely wind.

I agree with Hattori's opinion and the part of "hurting feelings" well, I once disagreed with a neighbor and possibly hurt his feelings. Like the rest of us he got over it. Disagreements break feelings its okay.

And Hattori,
I'm wrong, and if everyone in the Forum agreed there'd be on point in having one.
It's NO point in having one, "Grumpy" hehehehe.
/Sarcasm/

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
I dont know about this, i definitly like the idea of it but as mention before storm rules, controlls, and based of of sky, wind, sea, water, and lightning. It's an increadible idea but the question is, is this a main school? or a secondary school like the astro schools? If it's a main school and players can enroll in it at the begining of the game, then wouldn't that mean they would have to play throught virtually all the content to ven get to the school? Great idea, i love it, but there's just too many things that sets it out of tune with the other schools, this would make a great secondary school though.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2011
nathancrenshaw wrote:
That would be so cool I would like new spells but they have to add a teacher in in wizard city.
not necessarily, they could put it in ws but the quest goes something like this:
you start in the ballance school then when your lvl ten ambrose gives you a optional quest if you have the:
-sunbird
-storm shark or
-the evil snowman spell
and the swarm spell in your deck
you talk to the headmistress in wysteria and she sends you to the:
-ember school teacher (if you have the sunbird spell)
-frost school teacher(if you have the evil snowman spell)
-tempest school teacher(if you have the storm shark spell)
then the equilibrium school teacherthen you get your first air spell

enjoy or post or comment or or or something plzzzzz

Explorer
Feb 12, 2012
AstroStorm wrote:
I dont know about this, i definitly like the idea of it but as mention before storm rules, controlls, and based of of sky, wind, sea, water, and lightning. It's an increadible idea but the question is, is this a main school? or a secondary school like the astro schools? If it's a main school and players can enroll in it at the begining of the game, then wouldn't that mean they would have to play throught virtually all the content to ven get to the school? Great idea, i love it, but there's just too many things that sets it out of tune with the other schools, this would make a great secondary school though.

secondary it would most likely need a sky type world players would have to get to level 78 at least in order to be able to get the spells

Explorer
Feb 12, 2012
listen if i got snappy at anyone im sorry im just sad because on alot of my new ideas im being told its bad or its overpowered what does overpowered even mean! come on people please i need answers! why does nobody like my ideas? there as good as anyone elses

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
Sounds like a rip off of Storm and Ice. Description of it sounds like Life.

Survivor
Feb 27, 2010
i just wanna say dimond is ices gem i mean the idea is okay but whenever ki makes a new school its in the new world and i doubt with the astral spells that people are going to forget about the training points they used and start a new one sorry and storm rules the sky

sydney spriteblossom lvl 50 life

keep peace in the spiral and noone will be hurt

Explorer
Feb 12, 2012
Randomperson16 wrote:
Sounds like a rip off of Storm and Ice. Description of it sounds like Life.

im not ripping off and exscuse me for not knowing that diamond is ices gem you know what lets just close down this topic as far as anyone is concerned i guess im the worst player in the game