Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Very high pedigree pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 20, 2011
Lately i see very high pedigree pets : over 80 pedegree, but people are evasive as to where they got them.I dont see any info on those pets.

Are they bought from merchants cards pet(walmart and others) since theres nothing on crown market?

thanks

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
My friend has asked me the same question, and here's how I answered:
Just hatch with a high pedigree pet of yours with the 2nd highest pedigree pet you have, then hatch repeatedly.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
To get a high pedigree pet, you need to hatch with another high pedigree pet. Although it sometimes don't make sense, it is possible for 2 pets with pedigrees in the 60's to make a pet that is much higher and possibly more than 70. From there, you simply keep hatching that pet with another one of high pedigree.

What i have noticed, is the more epic slots a pet has the higher the pedigree. So if you have a pet that has 3 epic slots and hatch it with one that has 3 epic slots, you get the chance of obtaining up to 6 epic slots, which raises the pedigree.

IMO, some of the epic talents a pet can manifest really are not that desirable. Therefore, a pet with a pedigree in the high 60's with a few epic slots seems to work better for me.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 70 Life

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
superluther wrote:
To get a high pedigree pet, you need to hatch with another high pedigree pet. Although it sometimes don't make sense, it is possible for 2 pets with pedigrees in the 60's to make a pet that is much higher and possibly more than 70. From there, you simply keep hatching that pet with another one of high pedigree.

What i have noticed, is the more epic slots a pet has the higher the pedigree. So if you have a pet that has 3 epic slots and hatch it with one that has 3 epic slots, you get the chance of obtaining up to 6 epic slots, which raises the pedigree.

IMO, some of the epic talents a pet can manifest really are not that desirable. Therefore, a pet with a pedigree in the high 60's with a few epic slots seems to work better for me.

Reverse order. The higher the pedigree, the more epic talents you get.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Ok, now incase you are wondering how people do this. HATCH WITH HIGH PEDIGREE PETS.
Once, you get to pets in the 80s, have their epic slots and ultra rare slots on different areas, and hatch. The ultra rares tend to turn to epics for me, it takes a VERY long time however, as you have to hatch multiple times to get +1 pedigree.
How do you calculate pedigree?

There is one part I dont understand but here is what I figured out by myself so far:

Count up the little dots next to your pet's talents. An epic = 4, a ultra = 3, a rare counts as 2, a 1 counts as uncommon, a common counts as 0. (Crazy, but I dont think its possible to have a 0 pedigree)
I also THINK you get +1 in the parentheses (parentheses are these: () k?)
EDIT
----
Ok, I figured out what happened.
Its actually a mistake on my part.
epic = 5
ultra = 4
rare = 3
uncommon = 2
common = 1
So up to 100??? But I dont think there is 10 epic derby talents....

Survivor
Oct 20, 2011
Thanks for answers. It all makes sense. I sortof figured it was a hatching venture , but someone ingame mislead me telling me that he hatched with much higher pedegree pet to obtain a 84 pet.

But anyway even with all talents at epic(4x10x2) that would make 80 pedegree ; so there must be some "extra" numbers in the calculation.

And i agree that all the epic talents arent all that desirable.Its all a matter of preferences i guess.It does make a pretty good showoff though. :D

Defender
Mar 11, 2011
joejoe11cool you are wrong the more epic talents, the higher the pedigree.

Defender
May 15, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:
superluther wrote:

Reverse order. The higher the pedigree, the more epic talents you get.
So if you see a pet with a pedigree of 80, it has a lot of epic talents? It may just have 20 Ultra-Rare.