Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Celestia's Name

AuthorMessage
Champion
May 03, 2011
I have been meaning to ask this for awhile--and I would guess that it's been answered somewhere already, but here goes. Why is this underwater place called Celestia? "Celestia" means heavenly, pertaining to the skies, etc. When I first heard the name, I thought it would be a cloud city or something. So, is there a cultural reference here I am not aware of? Does anyone have a link, or maybe an idea that would explain this? I mean, you'd think it would be called "Atlantia," for Atlantis, or, I don't know, Aquatica. Or Submarinia. You get the idea. Why Celestia?

Champion
May 03, 2011
I should have mentioned that I already get the "Celestian magic" aspect of the name. But it's still not clear to me why these two things are linked--Celestian (presumably from space) magic and this underwater place. I was wondering if there's some missing cultural referent I don't get. Only the Trial of the Spheres seems genuinely "Celestian," when you think about it.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
tabby714 wrote:
I have been meaning to ask this for awhile--and I would guess that it's been answered somewhere already, but here goes. Why is this underwater place called Celestia? "Celestia" means heavenly, pertaining to the skies, etc. When I first heard the name, I thought it would be a cloud city or something. So, is there a cultural reference here I am not aware of? Does anyone have a link, or maybe an idea that would explain this? I mean, you'd think it would be called "Atlantia," for Atlantis, or, I don't know, Aquatica. Or Submarinia. You get the idea. Why Celestia?

Your answer lies at the following link:

https://www.wizard101.com/game/worlds/celestia

Celestia is only a waterworld after the Storm Titan sank it.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
Well you do realise that Celestia's 3 schools are sun, moon and star. And many people in the past believed that those three things were in heaven. Plus, it is space themed too, and space can be heavenly (if you can breathe up there lol!).

Sincerely Jeffrey Spirithunter
level 69 necromancer
"Lives are built on the death of others..."

Champion
May 03, 2011
Your answer lies at the following link:

https://www.wizard101.com/game/worlds/celestia

Celestia is only a waterworld after the Storm Titan sank it.

Thanks! I didn't realize the story was out there in its entirety.