Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Gates.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
I worked through all the gates and got as far as the 3rd gate that you would have to open. I have to defeat this boss so i can find out the "secret knock" but i have absolutly NO idea how to open the gate. Can someone PLEASE help me? Im a level 31 ice wizard stuck in ironworks.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
AlisonTheGreat wrote:
I worked through all the gates and got as far as the 3rd gate that you would have to open. I have to defeat this boss so i can find out the "secret knock" but i have absolutly NO idea how to open the gate. Can someone PLEASE help me? Im a level 31 ice wizard stuck in ironworks.

From what I remember, you get one combination when you defeat Nails in his room, but before you leave the room, he tells you to "look up" as you leave. The combination you need is "above his door" as you leave.

If you did get that combination, then you need one for the "blocks" that are on a rooftop. Look in the corner of the rooftop and you will see the combination. It is something like, a bird, the moon, and some other items. I don't remember them all. You need to step on the "blocks" on the rooftop and light them in that order to open the door.

Hope this helps.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
AlisonTheGreat wrote:

After you defeat the boss, a clue will appear above the door on your way out; which is what the boss says after you defeat him. :)

Adherent
May 20, 2010
If you look at the display to the right of the closed door, you'll see four symbols. These match the symbols on the ground-tiles just up the ramp. The tiles are activated by walking over them. First, turn all of the tiles off. Then turn them on in the order listed on the display, left-to-right. You'll see a message "A door has opened." Then head in the direction of the quest arrow (if your quest arrow isn't showing, you can turn it on with CTRL+T). Note that there are two doors there, on opposite sides of the platform. Only the door in the direction of the quest arrow (the direction you need to travel in) opens. The other door is meaningless to this instance.

When you defeat Brady, he will give you the secret knock. You don't need to write this down; your wizard will remember it.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Note that there is a display by each door. If the display is on the left, it's for the wrong door. That door will open, but you can't get into the building behind it; it's useless for this instance. You want to be facing the door in the direction of the quest arrow: the display is on the right.