Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Battle Ring Idea!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
This is an idea that I think would be really really cool. You know those battle rings that all the bundles have, it's ashame that they are only used for pvp, so I was thinking why can't we practice fighting mobs and such with them! It would be sooo cool if we could just summon a monster to fight against, of course we won't get anything in return except for the ability to train ourselves. What you would be able to do is pick what school the monster or monsters you are fighting are in, or have it randomized. Then you get to pick what rank or maybe even pick where the monster is from: say like Dragonspry or Mooshu. Then you would get into the battle ring and the monsters will appear! I don't know about you all but I think this would be total awesome and a good way to use the battle rings when your bored and no one else is on.

Explorer
Aug 10, 2009
IonDragon wrote:
This is an idea that I think would be really really cool. You know those battle rings that all the bundles have, it's ashame that they are only used for pvp, so I was thinking why can't we practice fighting mobs and such with them! It would be sooo cool if we could just summon a monster to fight against, of course we won't get anything in return except for the ability to train ourselves. What you would be able to do is pick what school the monster or monsters you are fighting are in, or have it randomized. Then you get to pick what rank or maybe even pick where the monster is from: say like Dragonspry or Mooshu. Then you would get into the battle ring and the monsters will appear! I don't know about you all but I think this would be total awesome and a good way to use the battle rings when your bored and no one else is on.

Wow! I had the same idea but I imagined it as like a podium or something is sitting next to the arena then you get to choose any monster from a list from anything in the spiral! I thought maybe even Merle, and the other professors... next to Cyrus. Then if you had trouble with a boss you can't beat, you train on it there! I love this idea! If KI adds it that would be hard though for the cards already in stores...

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I had that exact same idea years ago, back in 2008/2009 or so.

I honestly don't even remember what the replies were like, and I honestly do not know if I could even find that post using the Search option.

I was really passionate writing out this idea, and it was a fairly lengthy post.

It could be like a music player. A duel ring can be bought or won. That duel ring could be placed on any spot big enough in a castle. (if a duel ring is not already present.)

Then, scrolls or key items can be found from enemy monsters, all of them, and it would be added to the duel ring registrar. Then, we can select that mob/boss and be able to fight it. Perhaps even be allowed to change the game a bit by adding a handicap, or making it harder.

I came up with this idea also in part to keep players busy once level cap has been reached, make monsters/encounters more relevant, and give players the "gotta catch 'em all" mission.