Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Field Spells (Yes, just for enjoyment.)

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 10, 2009
Hey everyone! So, my idea is like, where we could cast spells outside of duels and gardening. So, maybe like gardening, we could buy the spells for like, 1000 gold each froma trainer in wizcity. Yea, where you push a button, a menu comes up, you select a spell, and then you click cast. It will automatically cast the spell. Maybe even school specific ones near the proffessor of each school? And, for free members the trainer would be near Malorn AshThorn and the balance dog (I forget his name). And like some ideas I had were:

Sky Fall: You cast the spell and then clouds start falling out of the sky toward you and the surrounding people.

Super Glow: You cast the spell and then you start glowing colors and then changing colors every few seconds.

Push Beam: You cast this and your wand waves then whoever you aim at gets pushed down in a strange animation. (I know, KI probably wouldnt add that, just listing ideas)

Head Stand: You cast this then you start walking, upside down for about a minute.

Floating Fire: Fire Only- You cast the spell then you float up and your head catches fire (Not violently, just like the wand cast.)

Leaf Storm Pick-Up: Life Only- Leafs fly from behind you when you cast it then the leafs by and pick you up and hold you in the air.

Freeze Ray: Ice Only- Everyone around you and you become blue and freeze (They can still move though)

Lightning Light: Storm Only- When you cast it lightning flys down upon you and zaps everyone around you and then blinds them for a few seconds.

Skelaton Uprising: Death Only- When you cast it everyone in the area becomes a skelatal pirate for a minute.

Shattering Troll: Myth Only- An earthquake happens in the area then trolls appear out of it and form to make a huge troll that shatters the nearest wizard by turning them to a troll for a few seconds.

Balancing Act: Balance Only- A judgement appears once cast and rings that thing it holds and then everyone in the area looks like a krok for one minute.

And that about sums up all my ideas. I hope you all like them! I also hope KI adds field spells, they dont have to be mine though. GO WIZARD101!

Survivor
Apr 30, 2011
Explorer
Aug 10, 2009
Thanks your the only person that I think even bothered to read it

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
wizguygoo wrote:

Which is probably because the average wizard wouldn't be very inclined to support an idea to integrate spells that are pretty much for show. I'd rather KI spend their valuable time on something worthwhile.

Explorer
Aug 10, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
wizguygoo wrote:

Which is probably because the average wizard wouldn't be very inclined to support an idea to integrate spells that are pretty much for show. I'd rather KI spend their valuable time on something worthwhile.

Hey thats mean! I just thought you could use them to make sitting in the commons with no quests fun!

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
wizguygoo wrote:
Hey thats mean! I just thought you could use them to make sitting in the commons with no quests fun!

I'd love to know what was "mean" about this: "Which is probably because the average wizard wouldn't be very inclined to support an idea to integrate spells that are pretty much for show. I'd rather KI spend their valuable time on something worthwhile."

Anyway, there's no use for these spells, so why would KI create them? There's barely any time when a wizard isn't occupied with a quest, and if there is that's what the other wizard chairs are for. Also, if you haven't noticed, the Commons isn't really a fun place to be a it's a place that many try to avoid by any means necessary.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
wizguygoo wrote:

I'd love to know what was "mean" about this: "Which is probably because the average wizard wouldn't be very inclined to support an idea to integrate spells that are pretty much for show. I'd rather KI spend their valuable time on something worthwhile."

Anyway, there's no use for these spells, so why would KI create them? There's barely any time when a wizard isn't occupied with a quest, and if there is that's what the other wizard chairs are for. Also, if you haven't noticed, the Commons isn't really a fun place to be a it's a place that many try to avoid by any means necessary.
I think he took offense from the whole "average wizard wouldn't read this" part. As for the original poster: I love this idea! I don't know if i'm on board with ones that affect wizards around you, and not to sure about flaming head, but I like it! I always thought that a Wizard should be able to display his powers in friendly ways as well as monster-slaying ones!

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
These are the type of cards that should be in game packs, not useable spells that can be used in battle, and not equipment.

Survivor
Jul 11, 2011
I'd love to see this happen :)! As a transcended, you tend to avoid quests until they increase the level cap... This would be a great pass time :).

I could see how they wouldn't want to take the time to do this, but they may do it just cause they can't raise the level cap fast enough and the higher levels are getting bored and leaving the game.
And have you been to the commons? The only place in the game that's busier is the bazaar.
You can also use gardening spells in your house on random places with only using 1 energy (as long as you don't get a plant in it).

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
wizguygoo wrote:

I support this idea.... does that mean I am not an average wizard...... That is kinda rude.... You make it sound like the worst idea out there.....

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Mattimeo321 wrote:
I could see how they wouldn't want to take the time to do this, but they may do it just cause they can't raise the level cap fast enough and the higher levels are getting bored and leaving the game.

And giving us some useless spells that are solely for peacocking is the surefire way to keep us from leaving?

And have you been to the commons? The only place in the game that's busier is the bazaar.

Which is exactly why many people try to avoid it.

You can also use gardening spells in your house on random places with only using 1 energy (as long as you don't get a plant in it).

Yes, but they do have an actual use. Just because you're wasting the spell doesn't mean it's useless.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Ronster55 wrote:
I support this idea.... does that mean I am not an average wizard...... That is kinda rude.... You make it sound like the worst idea out there.....

*sigh* 'Average' in the sense that "the average person touches their face 3-5 times a minute". Of course not everyone does, and if one doesn't, they're not abnormal. As for what I said being "kinda rude", that was me being nice. I shudder to think how people would react if I responded with what was actually on my mind when I read this. And as for me making this seem like the worst idea in the world, whether I have or haven't read worse doesn't change the fact that I don't like this idea.

Defender
May 17, 2011
i have some ideas! and also, about the "useless" idea people are having: didn't KI just come up with a huge new batch of transformations. they are just for fun, but everyone likes them (loosely speaking).

my ideas!:

Balance: a small bit of space surrounding you (it follows you for a moment) turns into a tiny slice of chaos. i know that chaos seems anti-balance, but i mean the swirling of colors and light chaos (like from Greek myths). chaos is, (not kidding) really, balanced. it stays in one place (but hovers just above where a wizard's head might be. that height.) for about an hour. jump and it goes away, but pops back up a moment later in a smaller size (do this gain, it will get a tiny bit bigger. then smaller. then bigger...)

storm: a little storm cloud floats above you for about an hour or so. it zapps you with lightning when you jump.

ice: a thin cover of snowflakes swirls around you for an hour. if you jump, they spread out and quickly come back to you (think fetch). (they go through other players, no damage).

fire: your hands are holding fireballs! if you jump, then you throw them.(they go through other players, no damage). the balls go away after five min. if you don't throw them. they fizzle out after a second when you throw them.

myth: a circle of ninja pigs dances around your head (like in a cartoon when a charector is dizzy). if you jump, the pigs jump! lasts for about an hour.

death: your wand turns into a shovel. when you jump, you look like a ghoul for just a moment. lasts for about an hour. (not the ghoul, the wand thingy).

life: you are surrounded by leaves. please see "ice"

finally: the random field spell: you turn a random color, including clear!

you can get your field spell when you are level 47. you get random at level 60. casting it uses 4 energy, and you need to pay 10,000 gold to learn it (from your teacher. if you are death or balance, the first teacher that you see (so ashthorn or the dog)).

you like?

Survivor
Jan 03, 2010
wizguygoo wrote:
Hey everyone! So, my idea is like, where we could cast spells outside of duels and gardening. So, maybe like gardening, we could buy the spells for like, 1000 gold each froma trainer in wizcity. Yea, where you push a button, a menu comes up, you select a spell, and then you click cast. It will automatically cast the spell. Maybe even school specific ones near the proffessor of each school? And, for free members the trainer would be near Malorn AshThorn and the balance dog (I forget his name). And like some ideas I had were:

Sky Fall: You cast the spell and then clouds start falling out of the sky toward you and the surrounding people.

Super Glow: You cast the spell and then you start glowing colors and then changing colors every few seconds.

Push Beam: You cast this and your wand waves then whoever you aim at gets pushed down in a strange animation. (I know, KI probably wouldnt add that, just listing ideas)

Head Stand: You cast this then you start walking, upside down for about a minute.

Floating Fire: Fire Only- You cast the spell then you float up and your head catches fire (Not violently, just like the wand cast.)

Leaf Storm Pick-Up: Life Only- Leafs fly from behind you when you cast it then the leafs by and pick you up and hold you in the air.

Freeze Ray: Ice Only- Everyone around you and you become blue and freeze (They can still move though)

Lightning Light: Storm Only- When you cast it lightning flys down upon you and zaps everyone around you and then blinds them for a few seconds.

Skelaton Uprising: Death Only- When you cast it everyone in the area becomes a skelatal pirate for a minute.

Shattering Troll: Myth Only- An earthquake happens in the area then trolls appear out of it and form to make a huge troll that shatters the nearest wizard by turning them to a troll for a few seconds.

Balancing Act: Balance Only- A judgement appears once cast and rings that thing it holds and then everyone in the area looks like a krok for one minute.

And that about sums up all my ideas. I hope you all like them! I also hope KI adds field spells, they dont have to be mine though. GO WIZARD101!

Ya that would be totaly cooooooool. WOW I never even thought of that :D

Survivor
Jan 03, 2010
wizguygoo wrote:

thats not nice but i also read your idea and i LOVE it :) :-) :D
COOL to see in the GAME

Survivor
Jan 03, 2010
laulenak wrote:
i have some ideas! and also, about the "useless" idea people are having: didn't KI just come up with a huge new batch of transformations. they are just for fun, but everyone likes them (loosely speaking).

my ideas!:

Balance: a small bit of space surrounding you (it follows you for a moment) turns into a tiny slice of chaos. i know that chaos seems anti-balance, but i mean the swirling of colors and light chaos (like from Greek myths). chaos is, (not kidding) really, balanced. it stays in one place (but hovers just above where a wizard's head might be. that height.) for about an hour. jump and it goes away, but pops back up a moment later in a smaller size (do this gain, it will get a tiny bit bigger. then smaller. then bigger...)

storm: a little storm cloud floats above you for about an hour or so. it zapps you with lightning when you jump.

ice: a thin cover of snowflakes swirls around you for an hour. if you jump, they spread out and quickly come back to you (think fetch). (they go through other players, no damage).

fire: your hands are holding fireballs! if you jump, then you throw them.(they go through other players, no damage). the balls go away after five min. if you don't throw them. they fizzle out after a second when you throw them.

myth: a circle of ninja pigs dances around your head (like in a cartoon when a charector is dizzy). if you jump, the pigs jump! lasts for about an hour.

death: your wand turns into a shovel. when you jump, you look like a ghoul for just a moment. lasts for about an hour. (not the ghoul, the wand thingy).

life: you are surrounded by leaves. please see "ice"

finally: the random field spell: you turn a random color, including clear!

you can get your field spell when you are level 47. you get random at level 60. casting it uses 4 energy, and you need to pay 10,000 gold to learn it (from your teacher. if you are death or balance, the first teacher that you see (so ashthorn or the dog)).

you like?

NICE idea. would be cool to see that in the game

Defender
Feb 15, 2009
GREAT idea!!! I know exactly who I would get my Judgement to turn into a Krok first!

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
Explorer
Aug 10, 2009
Thank you all who posted positive comments (Which was everyone but Akihiro ). Anyways, Akihiro probably didnt read it all, and he doesnt realize that playing through the game 6 or more times can get boring. And people at level cap tend to not do quests. So, I thank all who think positively Cya in the spiral! I'd love to see some of you guys ideas for Field Spells! And By the way, that doesnt include negative people. >_> *Cough* Akihiro *Cough*

Nicholas DragonFlame
Trancended Theurgist
------------------------------
Nicholas GoldenBreeze
Master Pyromancer
(I know, the names should be swapped )

Explorer
Aug 10, 2009
shrukain wrote:
GREAT idea!!! I know exactly who I would get my Judgement to turn into a Krok first!

Lolz..... Thankz.

Explorer
Aug 10, 2009
Also, if you haven't noticed, the Commons isn't really a fun place to be a it's a place that many try to avoid by any means necessary.

Also, if YOU havent noticed, everyone is always in the commons. Its the most COMMON place in the game :|

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
wizguygoo wrote:
Thank you all who posted positive comments (Which was everyone but Akihiro ). Anyways, Akihiro probably didnt read it all, and he doesnt realize that playing through the game 6 or more times can get boring. And people at level cap tend to not do quests. So, I thank all who think positively Cya in the spiral! I'd love to see some of you guys ideas for Field Spells! And By the way, that doesnt include negative people. >_> *Cough* Akihiro *Cough*

Nicholas DragonFlame
Trancended Theurgist
Nicholas GoldenBreeze
Master Pyromancer

If you're going to make assumptions about me, I'd appreciate it if you spoke to me directly. Anyway, I did read through your post. Why would I automatically say I don't like your idea without reading your idea? Also, being the owner six wizards, I definitely get how the game can get boring the sixth time around for some people (this is why I have a system of leveling for my wizards), but I don't think this is a foolproof fix to the problem. There are other things to do in the game if you get bored: PvP, pet training, house decorating, gardening, dungeon raiding, assisting other wizards, etc. There's so much to do in this game; we don't need this addition.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Explorer
Aug 10, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
wizguygoo wrote:

Nicholas DragonFlame
Trancended Theurgist
Nicholas GoldenBreeze
Master Pyromancer

If you're going to make assumptions about me, I'd appreciate it if you spoke to me directly. Anyway, I did read through your post. Why would I automatically say I don't like your idea without reading your idea? Also, being the owner six wizards, I definitely get how the game can get boring the sixth time around for some people (this is why I have a system of leveling for my wizards), but I don't think this is a foolproof fix to the problem. There are other things to do in the game if you get bored: PvP, pet training, house decorating, gardening, dungeon raiding, assisting other wizards, etc. There's so much to do in this game; we don't need this addition.

Okay, just another thing before I stop reading your posts. Some people get bored doing PVP, gardening, HDing, PTing, etc. And alot more people get bored with six wizards then you think X_X (Me to)

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
wizguygoo wrote:
Okay, just another thing before I stop reading your posts. Some people get bored doing PVP, gardening, HDing, PTing, etc. And alot more people get bored with six wizards then you think X_X (Me to)

If every last activity in the game "bores" you including the main purpose of the game which is the storyline, then I don't get why you're still playing. Obviously this game has nothing for you, so why bother?