Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Training points

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 03, 2012
Hi! I am wondering that i just reached lvl 48 so i just learned fire dragon and am soon talking to ambrose for celestia. Can anyone tell me if they think i should train in an astral school or contenue with the life school. I have only used up 2 training points so if someone could tell me that would be great. Also if astral could you tell me which one? Thanks.

Mitchell Shadowsword
Lvl 48 master pyromancer
Fire/storm studies

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
cjball2018 wrote:
Hi! I am wondering that i just reached lvl 48 so i just learned fire dragon and am soon talking to ambrose for celestia. Can anyone tell me if they think i should train in an astral school or contenue with the life school. I have only used up 2 training points so if someone could tell me that would be great. Also if astral could you tell me which one? Thanks.

Mitchell Shadowsword
Lvl 48 master pyromancer
Fire/storm studies

I like the Sun spells that lead to Colossus in Zafaria, you don't have to buy the bow and arrow ones but all the Giant and up ones - cost 5 training points total but well worth the boost to any of your spells.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
It depends on what you want out of the game. As a second school, it's useless to train Life beyond Satyr, and I don't recommend training Life at all unless you're planning on gettting a Life Mastery Amulet.

The standard for many Fire wizards is Death to Feint (5 points). Many also train Ice to Tower, but I don't recommend it, since you already have shields against Fire, Ice, and Storm. You should also have Elemental Blade and possibly Elemental Trap (Niles in Krokotopia) and probably Reshuffle (Midred Farseer on Colossus Boulevard, down the narrow path opposite of Mindy PixieCrown).

As for the rest, it depends on what you want from the game. The Sun school trains spells that increase one attack spell each. Star increases general attack or resistance, generally for four rounds. Moon schools teach Polymorphing into various monsters.

You can learn more about spells at the Wizard101 Central Wiki, under the "Spells" heading on the left of the page.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2012
Hey thanks for your advice but soon i am getting crowns so i have the option to buy training points back. I forgot to mention i am fire with all storm spells. I am wondering if this affects any of your answers

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
cjball2018 wrote:
Hey thanks for your advice but soon i am getting crowns so i have the option to buy training points back. I forgot to mention i am fire with all storm spells. I am wondering if this affects any of your answers

Personally my opinion on buying points back is - it's expensive and avoid if at all possible. With my first wizard, which was Life, I though getting secondary spells was sort of required - I found out around mid Mooshu different when game play got a little more serious. I was ok with death to Feint but dropped the balance spells totally from my deck as power pips were better, now you can get the amulet with Feint. I did get the Blade from Niles, when I started Celestia the Sun spells to boost my school spells where nice. I was lucky because I had taken all the extra quests in each land that earned a training point so actually made it with a few to spare in the end after spending 5 on the Sun ones. I also learned about crafted gear from Wintertusk and crafted the helmet - it has better stats then the Waterworks gear and all of them include a nice blade, this is lvl 56 gear. In the end I ended up with several blades and traps along with the Sun spell that would make most of my fights one hits. All the wizards I have made since don't buy any secondary spells that do not enhance their regular school spells.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2012
Hi. I decided to go with the sun school. I am not going to do bow and arrow my accuracy is not what i need now. I am level 50 so i just redeemed my super bundle recently to get 50 gear. also i have noticed i have used about 20 fire dragons. None of them were critical with my 55% critical rate.