Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lack of Ranked PvP battles.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Has anyone noticed this lately, it's hard to get a Ranked PvP match.
This Friday afternoon and on Sat, I had a hard time getting a Ranked match. I don't think it matters what Realm you are in, PvP is for the entire server I think. Anyway, I can sign up, and start watching TV and maybe an hour later (if I'm lucky) a match will show up.

I can remember last year, I could even get a match at 10:30 AM on Sunday morning without a problem.

Today, I couldn't get a match either, so I checked over on the Practice realm. On the Rank matches, there was one (yep just 1) match going in 1v1.
Practice 1v1 had 98 matches going. I have notice this patteren for monthes now, more and more are shifting over to the Practice part of Pvp.

I don't know if it's the Puppet teams that are causing this, or something else. Anyone got any input on this???

Still waiting on a ranked match.....
Joe.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Insane Bolt was removed.....

j/k

Probably because the Zafaria newness has worn off. PvP will probably pick back up, when more wizards come back after a new content or major patch goes through.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I used to enjoy practice 4v4 PvP matches, but now the damage everyone deals is just too much to make it any fun.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
kingurz wrote:
Insane Bolt was removed.....

j/k

Probably because the Zafaria newness has worn off. PvP will probably pick back up, when more wizards come back after a new content or major patch goes through.

The other thing is that there are a lot of practice matches too. Calling it practice matches really isn't applicable anymore, since most people don't use it to practice. Rather the ability to select your opponents is more appealing than random matches. Also, once a person has achieved Warlord and already has their PvP gear, there is no need to continue to fight in Ranked PvP, so I assume most move over to practice to continue to PvP, but without the risk of losing their title.