Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Scrap Iron

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 30, 2011
Okay it is 2012, and all that i have read here on finding scrap iron is in 2009 and 2010. I am trying to craft and have finished Marlybone and finished Mooshu and trying to learn how to craft. However I can't as scrap iron is a illusive commodity. Don't tell me where I can find it cuz i went everwhere it was posted. It shouldn't be this hard to get it, obvioiusly the people at KI aren't listening to the frustration of their customers cuz no one has fixed the problem to date. It makes me lose interest in playing when I have to work this hard to get a regent when all the other ones are not this hard. I think I spend enough money here that they should listen. I tried the roof tops, fought bosses again, and went all over marlybone. I find maybe 1 if lucky when I need 4 to 8 for crafting. Bad business KI.

Explorer
Apr 28, 2009
nanreet wrote:
Okay it is 2012, and all that i have read here on finding scrap iron is in 2009 and 2010. I am trying to craft and have finished Marlybone and finished Mooshu and trying to learn how to craft. However I can't as scrap iron is a illusive commodity. Don't tell me where I can find it cuz i went everwhere it was posted. It shouldn't be this hard to get it, obvioiusly the people at KI aren't listening to the frustration of their customers cuz no one has fixed the problem to date. It makes me lose interest in playing when I have to work this hard to get a regent when all the other ones are not this hard. I think I spend enough money here that they should listen. I tried the roof tops, fought bosses again, and went all over marlybone. I find maybe 1 if lucky when I need 4 to 8 for crafting. Bad business KI.

Have you tried Realm jumping, or check the Bazaar.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
If it is too frustrating you can always use crowns to buy reagent packs for a chance at scrap iron or camp the bazaar with gold.

Defender
Sep 14, 2010
Have you tried repeatedly entering the counterweights? Scrap iron and mist wood is almost always there. You dont have to fight bosses or anything.

Explorer
Feb 19, 2011
Have you realm hopped?

Other ways to get scap iron are from gardening, and feeding loot items to your pet.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2011
don't get frustrated and quit on crafting yet, have you tried realm hopping in the areas you've been too especially counterweight east and west? i've lots of luck getting scrap iron that way.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
In Wintertusk there is lots of scrap iron but too bad you can't go there yet unless you have a friend that can.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2010
I found a bit (3 or 4 pieces) with scrap iron. Just realm hop and look around, you'll find some eventually.

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
Depending on the time of day, you can even find scrap iron on the streets of Regents Square. It wasn't unusual for my wizards to be in Mooshu and still be trying to complete the marleybone crafting quest.

What I started doing was to take my "oldest" wizard and just troll for reagents in the various worlds and stockpile them in the shared bank. It helps a great deal and I know I'm not the only one to do this. lol

Community Leader
There are so many places now. I still go back to my favorite area in Chelsea Court. Take the first right and all way down , both sides and realm hop.